Checking in daily to maintain focus #61

Happy birthday @JazzyS !!! :partying_face:

3 Likes

:first_quarter_moon_with_face: Evening Check In :first_quarter_moon_with_face:
Day 667
Today was pretty good overall. Had some moments were i felt super over stimulated due to noise and activity around me, but managed alright. Im feeling very disconnected to recovery tho. Its not necessarily a bad thing as im in no danger to relapse or anything. But im really not doing much recovery related things. Im not much on here anymore (which is my biggest support group), not really doing any daily readings, no meetings or anything, although I do still pray. I dont think I need to be worried. I think im just enjoying life with life being so busy. But at the same time, things are good in my life because im clean and sober. Sooo i probably should make more of an effort to participate in recovery related things. Anyone experience this feeling and what are your thoughts on this? :butterfly:

15 Likes

Hi everyone. I’ve been talking on here a lot about my physical ailments. However, I haven’t been talking about something else going on in my life. I’m struggling with these vivid memories of a past event that happened to me and my twin years ago. I wont disclose any details that may upset others but it was life threatening and extremely scary for both of us. I recently opened up about it to my bible study girls but also to a mentor at one of my early sobriety meetings about 3-4 weeks ago. It was a very complicated situation for a young teen to understand. Even as an adult its difficult to understand why this happened. I see the event unraveling all over again at random times during the day in my head. It’s very distressing. I notice myself squeezing my eyes shut when the memory comes into my mind as if trying to get it out of my head. It’s becoming more intrusive lately… Not sure why. I know that it has been upsetting me for some time now bc little 13y/o me didn’t want to think about it anymore so I pushed it out of my mind so far that I actually forgot for a while that it had even occurred. Then after a long time of not remembering but still having mental health struggles and not knowing why, something triggered a dream. It was very vivid and felt so real. I started seeing it in bits and pieces throughout my later teen years. but I wasnt convinced it was real until I talked to several ppl including my sister who had also recently remembered and the other person who was directly involved in the event. The involved person confirmed it was real. My sister and I were very emotional after realizing that this horrible thing had really happened to us. I’m struggling with those memories and came on this app to hear from others who have had similar experiences, not so much the event itself bc I didn’t even tell you what that was but just like forgetting about it and then remembering years later and having to cope with the haunting memories. thanks guys

-Julia

11 Likes

Checkin in on Day 259

Clean & Sober

☆☆☆
13 Likes

Evening of Day 8! Went to Pilates. Something that I’ve always wanted to try but classes are at 7pm and well, by 7pm I’d be moving on to a pinto after finishing off a SavBlanv :face_with_peeking_eye:. So happy I went with Pilates.

Good night all :bouquet:

16 Likes

@dresdenlapage Thank you for the birthday wishes Josh
@dilettante I do love when we can find the time and energy to catch up with old friends. Grateful that the cobwebs away.
@ceeds lovely number 123 days is awesome! I too hate hearing the voices of doom and gloom as they try to explain financial security. Some State or City areas offer government provided programs. Libraries are also a great resource as some offer free programs for financial teachings.

So true – it is all the little things that help. Great work on working on yourself and loving yourself – self care is the most important part of sobriety. Cyclone sounds intense – stay safe!
@danam56 OMG the embarrassment was possibly the worst part … trying to piece together what happened, what was said and the over all disgusted feeling with it all – really do not miss that.
@icebear Thankyou so much for the birthday wishes Drew.

Wow Dana – this was lovely to read. I do think as we get stronger that we don’t have to clutch onto our support systems with all our might. We can loosen the grips and start to enjoy our addiction free life. I know that we will always have to be on guard and vigilant in our recovery (we can never fully back away from this but IMO not every bit of our time needs to be devoted to this. I think it’s a healthy sign to be able to enjoy life without keeping your addiction or recovery on the forefront of your mind. I think this is a wonderful question and look forward to seeing what others with possibly more sober time will have to say.
@Jules000 I am so sorry for what you and your sister went through. Do you have someone to talk to - to help you process these memories and the linked emotions? A professional in my opinion would be very helpful in guiding through this trauma in a safe way.
This post may be useful for you … Healthy coping mechanisms for trauma survivor's? - #8 by Butterflymoonwoman

Checking in on Tuesday evening
356 days free of alcohol and weed
771 days free of cigarettes
well it’s been an interesting afternoon / evening. I got a call from my old neighbor to tell me that my front door was wide open. He gathered a few of my other neighbors and did a walk through and luckily all was in order. I was able to get to the house and do my own checks and get it locked up properly. Apparently the last realtor did not close the door properly. I am glad that tomorrow my tenant is moving in so i will not have to keep checking in on the house.
I had a wonderful time chatting with my best friend for over an hour via text. She is planning to come visit me in January so i am over the moon excited.
I had the absolute best day today - felt so much love and i celebrated my day completely sober (no urges or FOMO).
Wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day - sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

16 Likes

Another good day :relieved: Beats those lousy days last week. Pretty lazy this morning, but after lunch I got moving. That’s the hardest part for me. Starting my day. Especially on my days off. But that’s exactly when I should keep moving this time of year. I did get some more cleaning done before my daughters band/chorus concert.

Tell me how this happened. I let her take her flute to her dad’s so she could practice more over the weekend (I usually don’t, for fear something happens to it). Concern confirmed! It came back with a broken key, which honestly didn’t surprise me…bc we have a 2nd flute :+1: They played at their school this morning and then…she leaves the flute at school :exploding_head:No choice but to use the broken one. In the end it didn’t matter anyway. You couldn’t even hear the 5 woodwinds over the 7 trumpets and 5 trombones! So much brass. She did have a passage to read to the audience that we both didn’t know about, and she killed it! Loud and articulate under that pressure. Feeling like a proud mama :grin:

Anyways, I gotta move this elf somewhere now and get to bed for stupid work in the morning. Hope you all have a great night!

21 Likes

Day 6 for me today. I was in hospital on the first day to detox after quitting cold turkey and had been gradually feeling better, but today I feel extremely unwell and shakey again.
Luckily, I have a GP appointment booked for today, but I’m just worried about refractory withdrawal :frowning:

22 Likes

Checking in at the end of the day. I’ve been busy online getting gifts for the twins. I know how fortunate I am to have my new job and be able to buy these gifts. Hope everyone had a great sober day today!

13 Likes

Nice to see you at 300, it’s countdown time one day at a time :slightly_smiling_face: well done :+1:

7 Likes

I would love to hear your back story and any advice you may have going forward.
For me I’m using the 12 steps from AA bc it’s the same philosophy for all addiction. I’ve also used game stop, don’t know if your in the UK but basically it stops me getting on 99% of sites. The loop hole is I then use my partners Email as its connected to the same address and bank account and even though I’ve put 6 months plus worth of bans on about 10 different sites I have to keep one open bc she likes the odd game of bingo now and again.

5 Likes

I hope your GP appointment goes well today and that you feel better soon @Lile01

4 Likes

Day 11 in the bank
Easier day than yesterday.
Not very productive but the intrusive thoughts of yesterday were quiet.
Kids finish school for the year and on holiday for the summer. Looking foward to it.

18 Likes

*Day 1911 :walking_woman:
And day 60 of social media :confetti_ball:
Ok I walked yesterday, but it was still a stressfull day. Got the message that next week a manager is coming to our shop to ask me to temporary run a big shop in a big city as a manager.
The idea only gives me anxiety.
I slept very poorly, overthinking the pros and cons. My mind won’t shut up :disappointed_relieved:
Ps but also flattered that they asked me for such a big project :blush:
Totday the new till’s arrive, hope we quick understand how they work :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Picture from my walk yesterday as promished @JazzyS :sunflower:
So today: work and goal to focus on the now instead of worrying about the future.
Have a good day all of you! :raising_hand_woman:

24 Likes

Day 8 (+77+155)

Learning :heart:

22 Likes

Day 85:

Quick check-in because its been a while. Got home yesterday from a great vacation and got caught up aroubd my house. Made it back to the gym this morning, so hard to wake up! Good work day and spent tge night with my kids.

Hoping to get caught up on this site tomorrow, a lot to catch up on. But for now i need sleep.

Happily sober!

17 Likes

21, I made it to three weeks :grin:
After a hectic first two days this week, I’m very much looking forward to a quiet day in home office today. I’m going to code and think and solve logical problems. I love my work.

I had a small procedure done yesterday and I am supposed to abstain from sports activities till the weekend. That’s a bit of a bummer. Maybe I’ll just take a walk today.

Wishing you all a peaceful day!

17 Likes

I don’t know where you live, but in the UK the Open University has a free course: managing my money for young adults

Banks that offer accounts for kids/teens/students usually offer resources on managing money and budgeting. The stuff that school maths never taught you.
:squid:

5 Likes

Checking in Day #1. Looking forward to a sober day tomorrow, a counseling session and my 1st AA meeting in awhile.

18 Likes

Day 172. I need to stay focused each day… Already had a few people ask ‘won’t u have a wine or two in Christmas day’ to which I have said no but could hear the little voice going would it really hurt

We have my partners children (adults) visiting over Christmas at different stages. Her eldest son has ordered wine and non alcoholic beers for Christmas day. Which is really thoughtful

18 Likes