Checking in daily to maintain focus #61

I know about zero about any of the online recovery 12 step groups. I know there are many. Looks like you all will be able to find a good one. It would be nice for you to have a sponsor should you want one.

3 Likes

Happy birthday Dana @Butterflymoonwoman :birthday:

Congratulations on 400 days @Maestro :clap::clap::clap:

4 Likes

Yes I would. Starting a new support group in the afternoon. Iā€™m sure I can ask about it then.

3 Likes

Morning another day sober 22 days Iā€™m struggling to find a sponsor atm I have someone in mind at my home group but donā€™t seem to have the courage to ask anyone had this same problem

16 Likes

Morning all, checking in on day 81. I have a serious case of the Monday blues. I am finally getting the peace and quiet before work that I craved over the weekend and I am missing my family :rofl: I will get a long break over Christmas though, canā€™t wait.

I did manage to make Christmas cards for a long time with my daughter yesterday, and then we stopped for Man City vs Spurs, very exciting match. It was a nice day.

Thank you for your kind words @JazzyS The rest on Saturday meant I was able to devote yesterday to being with my daughter so that worked well.

Have a good day everyone

20 Likes

157 days of freedom.

I have this annoying feeling I forgot about something. This shitty stress out of nothing, with no reason. Or there is a reason but I donā€™t remember it?

23 Likes

Day 8 AF
Checking in

24 Likes

Good morning, guys checking in on Monday, 3 days into the work week already for me so halfway there. :crossed_fingers:. No big plans for today after work. Iā€™ve been semi finishing the basement so Iā€™ll probably go home and spend some time on that and then get a workout in, before turning in to bed early. Much love guys. :v::green_heart:

Not pathetic at all. Availability for people we care about is one of the best things about sobriety.

Beautiful pic. :v:

Happy birthday Dana. :partying_face::partying_face: @Butterflymoonwoman

15 Likes

Day 324.

This cold still isnā€™t over, but Iā€™m probably at the tail end of it. Itā€™s either that, or Iā€™m 100% used to feeling like absolute crap. A couple of nights ago, I called the non-emergency NHS advice line because I was worried this is tonsillitis turning into quinsy. Again.

But they basically told me to keep doing what Iā€™m doing and call back if it gets worse. Funny thing is, if it does get worse, Iā€™ll lose my ability to actually talk coherently. Soā€¦ if I call and mumble, thatā€™s when they might take it seriously.

In all fairness to the NHS, I hasnā€™t got worse. Itā€™s just not getting any better either. But now Iā€™m only 4 days away from flying back and it will be easier to get a doctor to actually see me and diagnose based on how my tonsils look like vs how I sound on the phone. Butā€¦ Iā€™m hoping itā€™s gonna go down before it comes to that.

Today Iā€™m spending the day out at the coworking place. I would rather be in bed, but the house itā€™s a bit unbearable right now.

My husband is upset after some weird family drama yesterday. And Iā€™m giving him some space. Itā€™s not me he needs space from, but I get when he just want be left aloneā€¦ So Iā€™m gonna try and get on with some work.

15 Likes

Happy belated birthday, Dana!!! @Butterflymoonwoman

Hope you had a really nice day with your family! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Day 1,270 clean and sober. Damn Iā€™m tired. More staff got Covid so thereā€™s only 4 of us working with 55 clients. Itā€™s been a long weekend and itā€™s going to be an even longer week ahead. Have an amazing day everyone, love you guys :sunglasses::metal:t2:

19 Likes

Awesome job @Maestro!

3 Likes

Day 29, got a metric tonne of work to do today. Have a good sober day all. Tisā€™ the season and all that.

16 Likes

Glad the rona test was negative! We have some bugs going around here as well.

3 Likes

That is an awesome idea about the pics and you look awesome. Search the internet for AA meetings near me and you should get some. Have an awesome day!

4 Likes

85 days alcohol-free :raising_hand_woman:t2: iā€™ve been able to work thru a lot of grief, anxiety, fear, doubt and insecurities that have haunted me for a lifetime. iā€™ve been able to look at my internally calcified shame and start cracking at it and liquify the pieces so i can let them flow into my heart of forgiveness. iā€™ve been able to start seeing my life path more clearly and innerstand my purpose more deeply. iā€™ve been able to start reconnecting with my body and ground my once-frantic energy into an earth of grace. iā€™m really grateful to myself for sticking with sobriety and focusing on mental/emotional recovery - iā€™m also so grateful for this community and how we all rally around each other and our common goal. itā€™s a beautiful place, here. love yā€™all :sparkling_heart:

21 Likes

Good morning and happy Monday! Happy (insert day here) for those in other time zones! Day 47. Glad the weekend is over. Since im early in not drinking im finding weekends a little more difficult. I know that will change in a month or so and I will even out.

There are some bugs going around. Ive read many of you post about it and I have multiple students out because of them. Take care of yourselves and have a great day!

18 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1268. I hope everybody has a good one!

17 Likes

The game was INSANEā€¦.

2 Likes

Day 80 and feeling ok.
Tired of coughing but things could be worsešŸ’Ŗ

17 Likes