Checking in daily to maintain focus #62

Checking in with half a year sober :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Iā€™m so grateful that I found this community, the strength and support I find here with you guys helps me so much :heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::orange_heart::heart:

AFAF ODAAT
:heart::v:

32 Likes

20240122_125506

17 Likes

So good. Thatā€™s inspiring to see.
Congratulations

3 Likes

I hope someone cancels their spot for the gym class tomorrow morning, so I can go.

Sober love to you all
:squid:

25 Likes

Holy Shit!!!
Look at you clocking in with 6 months of sobriety!! :boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom:
Iā€™m so excited for you Kiki :grinning:
:pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes

So happy for you on this

Have you seen this thread? Meditation for Serenity 2021-2024! (tips, tricks & discussion/ 3 years running woot!)

Stella started it with a few challenges. I was very leary about the 10 Day Mantra challenge, like :thinking: I canā€™t do this! And I was pretty happy with what I was already doing. But, I got out of my comfort zone, because thatā€™s what itā€™s all about right? And now Iā€™m chanting mantras whenever I feel like it. Walking the dog. Getting up before wifey. Going to meetings. And especially going to doctors appointments before they take my blood pressure. I know its significantly lowered my bp.
Keep up the great work. Happy 29 :pray:t2::heart:

9 Likes

Congrats, Kiki! Way to go!!!
IMG_2458

3 Likes

Checking in and making myself accountable on Day 5.
Heading off to go to the Foo Fighters Concert in Wellington NZ which is tomorrow.
Every time Iā€™ve been to see them itā€™s been a social drinking event so Iā€™m going to do it differently this time and really be present!!
I know I can do itā€¦. It will be amazing and Iā€™ll feel great the next day because Iā€™ll remember it.

Congrats to everyone alsoā€¦. Youā€™re all Rock Stars!!!

22 Likes

Day 53
Just got home, totally drained but had a good and fun day. After work we went bowling and had diner with the team. I didnā€™t think about alcohol at all.
When I got home I got greeted by son and dog. I cherish every moment with those two, I love them so much! Live, laugh, love! :crazy_face:

I canā€™t keep my eyes open, so gonna get ready for bed. Tomorrow Iā€™ll visit my parents and sis and little nephew, looking forward to see them. But first: sleep :woozy_face:

24 Likes

So, feeling disengaged from family because of their discontentment with my need to stop fostering these children. I gave in and called the foster team back and said weā€™d keep doing it and Iā€™d like to recant my request to stop.

Iā€™m not upset with them because I know the reasoning behind their desire to continue but now I need to find ways to protect mental health.

12 Likes

Concerts are way better experienced sober! I drank beer at a Rammstein concert and to this day i feel bad and stupid for not being fully presentā€¦
You definitely can do it. Have fun Diana!! Let us know how it was :v:

4 Likes

Day 711
Today has been pretty busy, well the morning was. This afternoon i had a chance to get in a short nap. Got woken up by a phone call. My sons nurse cant come in tonight so I will have to do the awake overnight shift instead. Not happy about this. But what can i do? No one else is available to work. Im trying to come up with a plan for this shift. Mainly bcuz of my eating. I tend to eat alot bcuz im tired. Thats a trigger for me. So trying to figure out a different way to approach this. Maybe drinking tea or snacking on vegetables and dip or something low cal so it doesnt throw me off. Idk yet. Anyway, just waiting for my son to come home from school. Then will make tacos for supper and relax. Hope everyone is doing okay today!

23 Likes

What were their reasons to be discontent exactly? Ur mental health is just as important. Its hard to look after others to the best of our ability, if we arent well ourselves

4 Likes

Finances are tight and without this Iā€™m not sure weā€™d survive where we live. The city I live in is the 5th most expensive cost of living across Canada.

The other reason is that if we were to give them up it is very likely that their sister would be separated from her brothers which is not at all what we want. We have the space to keep them together.

Weā€™ll have to get creative to make sure that everyone is allowed to be at their best. Like external babysitters to provide some added relief.

8 Likes

Thanksā€¦. I hear youā€¦ lifeā€™s too short for regrets. Will let you know xx

3 Likes

@LabLover222 -What an inspiring update. I am so glad that your brother in law pulled through. :purple_heart:

@Butterflymoonwoman - I donā€™t know about you, but when my life was its most chaotic and shameful, this kind of boredom was a dream. If it makes you feel better, I got a new vacuum cleaner and I am so happy. That is super boring. :joy:

@GOKU2019 Take care! I canā€™t believe I purposely and regularly made myself feel so shitty. Dumb doesnā€™t even begin to cover it. :pensive:

@Mindofsobermike Some amazing self-restraint and personal growth in that update. :purple_heart:

@Mira_D I hear you! It is amazing when you realise something deep about yourself that you never noticed before.

@JP123 Make sure to reach out if the ideation becomes more concrete.

@SoberWalker I could not imagine trying meditate in my second language. It would turn into study time!

@Scorpn Sending strength and peace. I hope you catch a break soon.

@CATMANCAM Good for you for getting to the gym. :purple_heart:

@Cat10 Get back up on that sober horse. Unfortunately recovery isnā€™t a straight line for most of us. But you have realized that using doesnā€™t actually help anything, and abstinence is the best way.

@Dilettante Congratulations :clap::tada::clap:

16 Likes

Congrats on your half a year sober!

6-mos

11 Likes

Work kicked my az today

From 3pm to 4pm or 15:00 to 16:00 felt like a full day
Going to sleep at 3:30am didnt help in guessing

Ill sleep good tonight
Its almost 7pm or 19:00 and i can leave and get home to sleep.

I had a lot of fun at the online 3:00am meeting though

Im going for it again just prob not at 3am
Im not sure what time ill be online. We will see :).

19 Likes

And congrats on the 30 days!!! :sunglasses:

Edit: hit the wrong emoji!

4 Likes

Oh I love it! A new vacuum cleaner is always fun! i love getting new appliances or gadgets for the kitchen or whatever :relieved:

5 Likes