Checking in daily to maintain focus #62

*Day 1959 :walking_woman:
Started the day with a headache…again :woozy_face:
Tired of it. Do not know what causes it, maybe the emotional week last week? But before that the headache already has started.
This is week 3 of it :face_with_peeking_eye:

Yesterday hubby and the boys came back from their holiday so the house is filled again. Better!
We made a walk and catched up time :heavy_heart_exclamation:
Today? Getting groceries and going to a triftshop to relax a bit. Having my day off today.
Try to find some distraction and take care of myself is the focus of today.
And all this sober ofcourse :sweat_smile:
See you! :raising_hand_woman:

33 Likes

41 days clean alcohol&drugs
2 days clean cigarettes

i’m vaping right now with low amounts of nicotine just to replace smoking cigarettes with something else right now otherwise i won’t make it or i will get agitated and will end up doing something stupid or fucking something up. a friend of mine also recently quit and is around 30 days cigarettes free and he is a big motivation for me right now, as he said the first week was very hard and after it gets easier, does anyone else have any advise I can use? Any kind words are appreciated. Much love and stay on the grind y’all. Proud of everyone that is sober for just today.

25 Likes

Glad I saw your milestone before putting down my phone Anne!
Congratulations!! :confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball:
200w (1)

9 Likes

@happyfeet Huge congratulations on your milestone, Anne! That’s huge! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

@Mno thanks Menno, I appreciate the positive thoughts. I need all the good vibes right now.

@Tragicfarinelli I’m sorry to hear you’re also struggling right now. Hang in there, we’ll make it through this too.

Day 380.

Not much to report, really. I’m a miserable cow doing whatever it is miserable cows do. But I’m a sober miserable cow, so there’s that.

25 Likes

This looks so peaceful

4 Likes

Excellent plan Leroy! I think it took me about ten days of being quit cold turkey before it got easier. So when you’re still ingesting nicotine like you do, expect it to take a bit longer as you still feed your physical dependency to nicotine. The mind games -breaking the habit of smoking- continued for quite a bit longer with me. But it’s so worth it! It’s the first addiction I tackled and it changed my life. No joke.

As for tips, practising the 4 D’s when craving helped me big time early on. Here they are:

• Distract. You can do that in a 100 different ways. Reading this thread can give you some distraction (and is really helpful too): Grumpy A-holes (quitting cigarettes/ nicotine products)
  • Discuss. When a craving hits, discuss it with others, instead of giving in.
  • Deep breaths. Doing some breathing exercises helps you relax and also mimics inhaling , which will help lessening the crave.
  • Drink water. Drinking lots of water when a craving hits helps. Really!

There was a fifth D too, but I can’t remember what it was right now. Wishing you all success! And here’s my numbers, not to boast (well a little bit maybe) but to inspire. I hope. :upside_down_face:

18 Likes

Congrats on 500 days that’s fantastic :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Huge congrats Anne!

5 Likes

Very inspiring, thank you so much Menno!

4 Likes

Day 219. Working 8_5 today. On call on Thursday… So a busy week.

I need to stay focused and keep coming on here. I think my mistake (one of) years back was becoming complacent and not visiting here. Today I will be sober. I will deal with tomorrow when I get there

26 Likes

Good morning everyone! Checking in on day 59. I hope you all have the most amazing day.
:v:t3: and :purple_heart:

21 Likes

Checking in on day 456 AF.

Have a great sober Monday everyone :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

24 Likes

And couldn’t happen to a cooler person. You’re so cool! I’m here for it, I’m sure plenty of others are here for it, too. No time like the present and all that jazz.

6 Likes

6 months!!! Congrats!

5 Likes

Checking in day 28 AF :blush:

19 Likes

@Hollieberry Congratulations :clap::tada::clap:!

@happyfeet Amazing achievement! Well done! :purple_heart::trophy::purple_heart:

5 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1324. I hope everybody has a good one!

24 Likes

136 days af!
Rolling right along

24 Likes

9 months weed and alcohol free :muscle:

What a way to wake up and celebrate my time clean than day 1 of workout and sugar free :face_exhaling:
Blessings to y’all 🫶🏻🫶🏻✨

32 Likes

Day 29
Waking up alert and motivated feels good on a Monday. No drinking needed
ODAAT
-Solar

28 Likes