Checking in daily to maintain focus #62

Hey hey hey! I know it’s been awhile my friends! How’s everyone doing? Well, today’s my big day… one year clean and sober! I did it… I fucking did it!!! Not one relapse after a five plus year addiction. I overcame so much in one year and also accomplished so much. Got my license back after 19 years of not having them. Got my own vehicle. Moved to another city. Met my daughter for the first time. Adopted an amazing doggo who is now my best friend. We go everywhere together so I guess it’s safe to say she’s my service animal. I’m blown back by just how much life has changed for the better. So many of you helped me in the beginning when I was questioning everything and everyone. I just want to whole heartedly thank you all. Seeing your stories and accomplishments fueled me to want to keep going and do better. Going to get a sobriety tattoo today to remind me of just how important this date is and how important it is to keep it going! I know I haven’t been on this app much but that’s because my life is BUSY busy right now. Please just know I am aware of how important this app is and was to my sobriety. Here’s to another year, a great year! ODAAT!!! Peace and love to you all!!!

31 Likes

Oh Billy…i have tears in my eyes reading this…im beyond happy for you :heart::pray:

5 Likes

So good to see you Billy!!! Omg- 1 year sober is amazing friend.
So happy to hear all the positive changes that have occurred in this 1 year for you. So many more to come my friend.

A tattoo? Love it- please do share a pic with us when it’s completed.

Much love to you - grateful to be on this journey with you :people_hugging:

6 Likes

Congratulations on such an amazing milestone and life turn around.
You are now living the life of inspirational story for others to aspire too. Very well done!

6 Likes

Wow, great job. :clap:t2:

4 Likes

20240203_115822

:key:

10 Likes

Checking in on day 39…first big family weekend (since sobriety) in the books and I did great being AF. Now begins a week with a new boss at work. Wish me luck! ODAAT

18 Likes

Day
3.74 no cbd
202 no ciggs or vapes
271 no alcohol
72 no thc

Very nourvous for the wife. Dr appointment today and baby is very ''sleepy" and not moving for a few days now. She was told shed be induced this week at 39 weeks pregnant
Im at work but if she needs me ill leave early
Please god let our baby be ok

Her appointment is in about 5hours

20 Likes

Thank you so much @JazzyS. Your encouragement is always so warm and personal. I truly do appreciate you, you are an amazing person! :two_hearts:

7 Likes

IMG_2318
Happy Cake Day Billy

What a great inspiring wonderful share. I love these stories. I’m so happy for you and that you popped in to tell us. One of the best things I that I heard on TS is protect that sober date at all cost!! That’s what you’re doing. Keep that shit up and enjoy life on life’s terms.
:pray:t2::boom::heart:

7 Likes

Thank you friend! You are one of the ones who was there and helped pull me through at the beginning! How are you doing? I hope all is well. I’ll always have a place for you in my heart and memories jazzy!!! Thank you for being such a great friend!

7 Likes

Thanks brother!

2 Likes

Absolutely!!! Thanks for the kind words!

3 Likes

I’ll be keeping your wife and your precious little one in my thoughts today. Wishing you all a healthy and happy outcome :pray::pray::two_hearts:

5 Likes

It’s day 208 for me…

17 Likes

Day 36 AF…

I hate Mondays lol Friday Tiffany must have hated Monday Tiffany bc our schedule is off the chain today…

I hope everyone has a great sober day today. :black_heart:

17 Likes

I did it!
I successfully stayed alcohol free while visiting…
LAS VEGAS
We’re here one more night then on to the Grand Canyon.
Now that I’ve gotten past the doubt I’m confident I can stay on my path.
ODAAT
143 days af

21 Likes

Day 40. Yay :grin: so happy.

20 Likes

Day 5 is here! I’m still feeling really great and motivated. I’ve been getting a lot done lately, but try to remind myself to slow down when I need to. It’s always been hard to listen to my body, but I’m trying. Less coffee, less nictotine, no drinking and taking things in stride- without obsessing over any of it. So far, it’s been a really nice combination that eases daily stress. Writing is helping a lot too. I find myself having small epiphanies throughout the day and I write them down when I can. I hope everyone is having a great day today!

Stay strong, lovlies! :muscle::green_heart:

20 Likes

Day 242 gambling free. I’ve started dating my daughter’s father a.k.a. my ex again last year and now we’re looking into moving in together. Today we went to see one apartment and we’re thinking of taking it. This is a big step for me and I’m really excited. Looking forward to this new (and old) chapter.

17 Likes