Checking in daily to maintain focus #62

I like what you have written! Understand it completely, I’m there to. I think if I let go of it I let go my recovery.
Congratulations with your 3 years @Pickles :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball:

Enjoy eachother @RosaCanDo :heavy_heart_exclamation:
Sorry that your overnight trip had to be cancelled, hope you can plan a new trip soon. Ps love your plants! They look so healthy! :seedling:

I’m sorry you feel this way @Catmama23 .
I hope you will have some clearance soon about your health conditions. I understand it makes you insecure ore anxious, I would be too.
But like you I put things in perspective by thinking about someone close by in a more serious situation. A friend of mine is in hospital right now and probably never walks again. She also has a progressive brain degeneration disease.
But still she is her possitive self. I admire her for that, can learn so much from her attitude :hugs:

Congratulations with the 2 weeks @Pamela :confetti_ball::confetti_ball:

Glad you feel at home @Twizzlers

:arrow_up: This above is so important: listening to your body and state of mind. What does it need?
I hope you will have a nice and easy day with loads of rest @TrustyBird

*Day 1965 :walking_woman:
Quick check in, because I have not much to share. Busy day yesterday and happy to have an easy day today. Not going to move much beside for a walk somewhere today :hugs:

Have a lovely sober and clean day today, do something nice for yourself! I will too :sweat_smile:
:raising_hand_woman:

24 Likes

SOL 147

:lock: :unlock: :white_small_square::white_small_square: :white_small_square: :white_small_square: :white_small_square:

11 Likes

@acromouse it works on days the depression hasn’t flattened everything else. The more I listen to my body the more I learn.
Thank you @SoberWalker. I plan rest and a quiet day for tomorrow. I wish you the same. :blush:

7 Likes

I loved it!!! Sooo good!

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement :pray:

Had a good sleep, going to tackle that front garden this afternoon.

Was nice reading around here last night. I miss you all, and I only have myself to blame for that :blush:.
Just glad your all here still :hugs:

I needed reminding that I can’t do this by myself! Enough excuses. My sobriety is most important - without that none of the rest of the magic happens in my life.

Have a lovely day everyone, il check in again later. May even hit the gratitude thread as after all, I do have so much to be grateful for.

:sunflower:

17 Likes

I am so grateful for each of you here and finding this place.

This has also been my best string of sleep in forever. Not great by measurement standards but better than I’ve strung together in at least 4-5 years.

Thank you all for every bit of wisdom that you bring here each and every day :pray:

19 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1330. I hope everybody has a good one!

21 Likes

Checking in day 34 AF :blush:

17 Likes

Day 1142,

Just recently activated my LinkedIn profile again. Got a free month LinkedIn premium, so could see the people who watched my profile. Saw one guy with an interesting trackrecord in healthcare. Contacted him via a message to ask whether we could meet to get to know each other mentioning that I’m looking for a role in the healthcare sector for example as an experience expert. He replied within minutes that he is willing to meet, no answer yet on my proposal for a time. He is supervising a company were there is an opening for an experience expert. So connected those dots already. That head of mine :unamused:.

Screw my re-integration coach, I’m taking over the wheel (sorry needed to let that out :grimacing::joy:).

Have a nice day :pray:

24 Likes

@ELY83 congrats on all the 2s :tada:
@KrissyMae I hope the antibiotics do help until you can get your root canal done :crossed_fingers:t2::people_hugging:🩵
@Shel75 welcome :blush:
@mreeclee welcome back :blush:
@JonB congrats on your year :tada: :trophy: :star2:
@Mischa84 that’s good news 🩵
@Twizzlers stay strong :people_hugging: your true self knows you don’t want to go back there, try not to let the relapse thoughts ruminate, and stay connected 🩵
@Pickles congrats on 3 years :tada::trophy::star2::star2::star2:
@PositiveThoughts congrats on 2+ weeks :tada: sending strength :people_hugging:🩵
@Catmama23 I’m sorry your symptoms are bad :people_hugging: I hope you get answers and a plan asap :crossed_fingers:t2:🩵

11 Likes

@Pamela congrats on 2 weeks and the first hurdle :tada::raised_hands:t2:
@acromouse congrats on your 30 day milestones :tada::tada:
@Chevy55 congrats on 30 days :tada:

1272 days no alcohol.
737 days no cocaine.
252 days no vape.

Checking-in with yesterday’s numbers…

Very relaxed day, my mind was calm and peaceful and I just enjoyed the welcomed relief of that.

Late afternoon my dad called me to say my brother and his family were visiting in the evening as they hadn’t seen him for his birthday yet. He didn’t think I would go because they were getting a Chinese takeaway, and I can’t drive in the dark, but wanted to invite me anyway. I initially declined, but then I thought about it a lot and didn’t want to pass up on the opportunity to see my nieces, as I did reach out to my SIL earlier in the week to ask when I could visit again, but she said they were busy for the forseeable. So I decided to get a taxi to my dad’s to spend the evening with them all, and it was really nice, I was planning to get a taxi home but my dad gave me a lift so that was nice of him. Unfortunately having a small portion of takeaway Chinese, lead to a binge with my diet bars when I got home, I ate 3 instead of 1, nothing major, especially in comparison to my binge-eating history, but I want to stay fully accountable because the familiar feelings of losing control and guilt and shame were present, I had a good streak, I’ll get it back, and more hopefully.

I hope you’re all having wonderful sober weekends. :blush:

🩵

25 Likes

Cheking in. Typical I allways check in when Im having a hard day. Something is going on, and I never know if its Something bad going on or if its just my anxiety. “Just”, becaus its hell no just just. I know I have health anxiety. And no matter what I feel, like fex a little sting some place, my alarm goes of LOUD, and I start to feel Something everywhere. Tired of this. Tomorrow Im going for my first emdr, but now Im scared to because of whats going on in my body.

At least Im sober :+1:

20 Likes

Happy Sunday, all. Checking in on day 207.

19 Likes

Old diggings :sweat_smile:

20240204_182337

15 Likes

Oh my gosh I am sorry to hear that, especially as a parent!

Schools really have a contradictory approach to bullying. They say 0 tplerance and then…8 years of that shit your daughter has gone through. Good for her standing up for herself & good for you trying to guide her through it. Xo

5 Likes

@SoberWalker Claudia, sorry for being late…

Happy Happy Birthday :balloon::balloon::balloon: Wish you the best and I hope your all dream will come true.

Gefeliciteerd!

(Yesterday was big day, right?)

7 Likes

39 days free of alcohol
33 days free of THC
:seedling:

Today the storm clouds are gathering in my head. Telling me that nothing will work out, that I’m dying, that I’m worthless, that I’ll never be free of pain, that I’m a loser, that actually the world owes me, that I’ve been screwed, and on and on. I’ve done all the things I’m supposed to do and nothing helps. So I guess I just have to ride this out. It’s very very unpleasant. I have to remember this will pass even though it doesn’t feel like it. I hate being angry: I feel like I’m one moment away from saying fuck it. Everything has gotten so much harder since I got clean. Why. Why why why.

Thank you @SoberWalker and @CATMANCAM

21 Likes

Hot chocolate is always the answer. Especially with marshmallows. Mmm

7 Likes

Day 35: checking in :black_heart:

Hope everyone has a great sober day

20 Likes

12 or 13 days weed free. I keep forgetting. 2007 days alcohol free. 2 days gamble free. Lost snother pool tournament last night. But played OK so wasnt too upset. Lol

15 Likes