Checking in daily to maintain focus #62

Good they take abnormalities serious, better safe than sorry. Here we get mammograms at the age of 50, but Iā€™d rather get it sooner :thinking:

So nice to hear you have such a good relationship with your mom! :heart:

6 Likes

Well done on your 2 weeks, not getting complacent is a wise choice but itā€™s still a huge achievement as many donā€™t make it this far.

4 Likes

1206- Doing it for me makes life better for everyone. A better life for everyone makes Doing it for me easier.
Thatā€™s the simplicity of sobriety.

16 Likes

Checking in on day 168.
:heart::v:

20 Likes

Day 695
Its the evening of another day clean and sober. The weather here is brutally cold so I have been inside all day. Thursday its supposed to be even colder at -41Ā°C :cold_face:
My day as been okay but alittle off. I had another day of healthy livingā€¦ I exercised, took all my supplements, and ate well (but I had to stop myself from taking 2nds of supper). This evening i have been moody. Just feeling irritable so its taking extra energy for me to keep that in check and not project my irritability onto others. Im looking forward to a nice hot shower and going to bed. Hopw everyone is doing well tonight!

22 Likes

@holysquid I do hope you were able to find a good meditation to help you out. Wishing you a lovely evening and a better tomorrow :hugs: Meditation for serenity
@naomi I love this for you ā€“ so great that you are feeling so great! Thanks friend ā€“ yeah, I am learning that they should be done sooner in age. Sorry that you have to wait so long for the mammogram.
@soaronward 2 weeks is amazing Gary! Keep working your recovery in the way that works for you ā€“ we are here for you! Keep on trucking! :muscle:

Checking in Tuesday eveningā€¦
384 days free of alcohol and weed
799 days free of cigarettes
Was a decent day - went by way to quickly. Another day added to my addiction free streak - feels so good in living this awesome life without being bound to my urges.
Wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day / evening - sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

20 Likes

Checking in, tickā€¦

16 Likes

Pretty typical day. I slept better but still tired. It was snowing heavily when my daughter left for school, but then it got warmer and turned to rain. Weird winter. Glad I havenā€™t had to shovel yet :+1:

Had our weekly trip to the library, and then went shopping. I was actually shocked at what $120 got me today, bc recently thereā€™s been times it was alot less. So that was refreshing :relieved:

Off to find a horror movie to watch before bed. Have a great 24 yaā€™ll!

21 Likes

First day as an experience expertise worker went great actually. Sort of like my normal work as a nurse, only a lot of the boring routine stuff removed from it. Much more time to spend with my admitted fellows, as well as be a bit closer to policy making as well. Thanks for the positive thoughts @acromouse, @CATMANCAM, @JazzyS. One day a week isnā€™t enough :upside_down_face:

For today itā€™s back to my normal job and nursing duties. Which is fine as well. But very glad I took the plunge. On we go, on my road of Discovery. One day at a time. Have as good a day as you can all friends. Weā€™re in this together. Sober and clean. Love.

26 Likes

39 days in the bank.

Chilled out day today. Lunch out with some family. The island weā€™re at is famous for its vineyards. Lunch today was at a vinyard and distillery. Stayed clear of the distillery and ordered an alcohol free craft beer with lunch.
Then home for a nap and then evening swim.

20 Likes

I think talking to the doc about the new med is a must, those thoughts popping up are not normal and need to be taken seriously. I also think youā€™re correct about working on yourself and not worrying about dating. Routine and structure are a good building block. Good on you for coming here and opening up.

10 Likes

49 no binge, no sugar
5 UPFs
5 dairy

Today is supposed to be a chill day. Looking forward to coding all day long :grin: Really want to crush this one stupid bug. It probably has something to do with wrong signalling order.

We have been invited to a birthday party this evening. The host is a very thoughtful vegan chef and I am looking very much forward to the buffet :blush:. Usually I would be wary of the food at a party but this one should be safe.

My addiction is singing the song of ā€œitā€™s not that bad, you are blowing this out of proportion, why are you spending all this time with those addicts, you donā€™t belong there, these people have serious problems, you are an impostor, start doing something usefulā€¦ā€

Nah, not falling for it today. Peace to yā€™all :peace_symbol:

15 Likes

Day 14

Going to bed too late is taking itā€™s toll. I need to sort that out. Grateful that I am staying up late knitting and not drinking but still. By the time I finish work, make dinner, go to a meeting, have a bath or shower and tidy up a bit it is already about 9pm. I pick up the knitting and I think I am pushing myself to try and get as much done as I can. I need to slow down and enjoy the craft rather than rush for the finished object.

17 Likes

Day 200. Just need to relax and stay focusedā€¦ Working 8_5 today. Woke up tho at 7.55. Bad nights sleep about my exs infidelity and all that fell from that.

23 Likes

I think I lost ability to cry. Itā€™s so weird. Maybe I reached a limit of tears in my life already?
After my parents death I noticed that itā€™s very difficult to make me sad. I donā€™t cry when Iā€™m sad. Even if someone die, I feel sad but I donā€™t cry. I was crying a lot when I was extremely tired first 2 years when twins were born. I didnā€™t sleep much and I cried almost every day. Then I was crying after fight with my husbandā€™s, when I was feeling hopeless and unfair. Or when kids were extremely annoying and I lost my shit and was mean to them (sometimes Iā€™m talking stupid things to them I very much regret later).
Since some time, I would say maybe a month, I noticed I canā€™t cry anymore. Even if I want to. Its not that I donā€™t have a reason. I feel all emotional and shaky but from outside Iā€™m like a stone. Now Iā€™m home alone, I had vary bad morning with kids, I want to cry and scream in a pillow, let it out, but I canā€™tā€¦ I feel like emotions are eating me from inside but I have some blockage I canā€™t let it out.
Wellā€¦
At least Iā€™m sober.

18 Likes

Good morning! Checking in on day 40. I hope everyone has an amazing day! :v:t3: and :purple_heart:

20 Likes

Hello. Hit my two weeks this morning and very glad about it. The community here is wonderful I donā€™t contribute alot but just to come on and read helps so much.

Thank you everyone :two_hearts:

20 Likes

Checking in with 4 days sober from alcohol. Mild headaches still persist but last night i didnā€™t have any cravings for wine. Proud of myself for that!

22 Likes

Keep going everyone!!!
Everyday sober is a step in the right direction
One Day at a Time :v:t2:

26 Likes

Day 361.

Sober. Here. Alive. Tired.

25 Likes