Checking in daily to maintain focus #62

20240109_065832

17 Likes

13 days free of alcohol
7 days free of THC

Exhausted today and have a headache that started last night after my narcissistic mom texted me again (sheā€™s mostly on something when she does so itā€™s usually inappropriate). I tried (again) all last year to have some kind of relationship with my folks and it was a mistake. It is very hard to leave toxic relationships. I didnā€™t sleep well and this morning sent a final goodbye text. I really hope I can move on this time. I need to start putting myself first and have healthy relationships that bring out the best in each of us. Iā€™m so ready to get off that ride. Insight Timer has great meditations on this topic as well.

Peace and love, :two_hearts:

19 Likes

@mno How did your first day go? Hope the anxiety leveled off and you were able to enjoy your day and your new tasks.
@happyfeet thank you Anne :hugs: amazing how quickly we let our emotions take over and allow others to control our mental health. Will work on not letting that happen ever again. Appreciate you friend!
@wahtisnormal Way to go Zoe on your 2 weeks of sobriety! So awesome to see you stamina and endurance levels increasing ā€“ keep up the amazing work. :muscle:
@maestro great to see you checking in Marty. So sorry about the anxiety. Have you maintained your gym time? I find a good routine helps keep the anxiety in check. Sending you calming energy.
@hillbillychris I am so very sorry Chis. I can not imagine the roller coaster of emotions that you two much have and are experiencing. Really hard when you donā€™t have any answers as to the cause. So impressed and proud that you were able to stay away from the easy out. Glad to hear that you are seeing a therapist and that you are clicking as this will be a great tool in helping you heal. My deepest condolences. What a beautiful name Magnolia ā€“ may her precious soul rest in peace :pray: :people_hugging:
@Chole Way to go with keeping the urges at bay and bypassing your longest streak ā€“ just keep that momentum alive and keep stacking up the days. We are here with you cheering you on!
@soberwalker So excited for you Claudia ā€“ canā€™t wait to see the finished piece. Hoping all went smoothly with your appointment :heart:
@forrestkump Life in recovery can be scary as we are being re-introduced to ourselves and finding ourselves possibly for the first time. It does take some time to find our passions and also have the energy and motivation to pursue them. Gratitude practice is a wonderful place to start. I have found that life without alcohol is so much sweeter and more fulfillingā€¦ hoping that you are able to find that feeling soon.
@mindofsobermike Man that is a lot for your mind to try and process. So grateful that you did not act on the suicidal thoughts back then and are not entertaining these now. I am more grateful that you are seeing a counsellor this week ā€“ please do bring up these thoughts with them as well as with your doctor to see if the meds may be having this effect. Smart work on deleting this app ā€“ love this line ā€œIā€™m never going to be ready for a relationship until I fix myself and thatā€™s not going to be for a long ass timeā€ You never know the time frame but for sure you come first! :people_hugging:
@lile01 A duvet day is so therapeutic ā€“ I did many of those in early sobriety. Sending you comfort and strength Indi! Here if you need to talk about it. :hugs:

11 Likes

@shadowcopy Great to see you working on your sobriety one day at a time. In real life support can be hard to find sometimes. Grateful that you are here with us and that can benefit from all these beautiful people that are in your corner. Have you looked into a counsellor or recovery buddy (from a local recovery group or meeting)? Keep going strong friend ā€“ you are not alone.
@tragicfarinelli I totally feel you on having the tolerance for handling bullshit snap. Sending you strength to get through thisā€¦ I try to find a quiet place to breathe and do mindful scans so that I can find my peaceful center (sometimes this helps). Hopefully you will be able to do something just for you after work ā€“ swim or play with those beautiful kitties. Hope your day gets better!
@ofmiceandroach Way to go with 3 days. I hear you on the urge to drink near the end of the day ā€“ like my mind would say ā€œooh time to relaxā€ and the only way to do that was with a bottle of wine or a stiff drinkā€¦. So important to find ways to retrain our minds. Find other ways to help you relax and unwind. I am so looking forward to seeing your puzzle. Loved Elementary ā€“ enjoy :hugs:
@garry I am sorry for the intensity that caused you to almost cave today ā€“ great work on not giving in ā€¦ each time you say NO you gain strength and let that addict voice know whos bossā€¦ about to hit your double digits my friend ā€“ keep this going strong :muscle:
@catmama23 great numbers friend ā€“ congrats on your 1 week free of THC! :tada: :clap:

Checking in on Tuesday afternoonā€¦
Another blah night sleep ā€“ canā€™t sleep till really late and then in and out of slumber and up by 7 to start the dayā€¦ I am sure I will crash soon LOL. Got a lot of my computer work done so feel less anxiety. Crazy how I already received my results from yesterdayā€™s Mammogram ā€“ just got the message. Found a large mass and need further imaging ā€“ guess since its my first time they check each abnormity to make sure it is not something serious ā€“ so not concerned for now. Heading out to take my mom to her appointment. Love spending time with her (she is my best friend).
Wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day / evening ā€“ sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

22 Likes

It all went well and I like it this time! Now it has to heal and I have a new appointment next month to see if it needs to be thicker lines to adjust with the part of the original piece of the tattoo. Not all has lasered away.

6 Likes

Thank you. My sleeping pattern is all over the place but Iā€™m still working out every couple of days.

4 Likes

So happy to hear that the appointment went well. Iā€™m sure itā€™s gonna look fantastic once itā€™s all touched up.
Hope that you are having a fabulous day

4 Likes

Sleep deprevation does increase anxiety. Glad you are still able to get in your work outs to release some of it. Wishing you good solid sleep :sleeping:

2 Likes

Day 309

Iā€™m still not feeling quite myself mentally, but I am aware that it could be a lot worse. So I take it as a win that I made it through another day. I accomplished this day, it is enough :relieved:
I think Iā€™ll have a go at meditation. So if anybody wants to share their favourite guided meditations, itā€™ll be greatly appreciated.

Love, peace and strength to you all
:squid:

18 Likes

Checking out on day 37 :raised_hands:
Feeling damn good this past weeks. Even with some lesser moments today (emotional talk with mom, freaking cold, stress from work and a short nightā€™s rest), I havenā€™t felt this happy in ages, also not in my previous sober periods.
I think one of the biggest differences, next to sobriety, is my new dog. He is here 2.5 months now but he is a part of our family. Everyday I catch myself smiling, life is so much better with furry friends :paw_prints:

I wish you all a good sober day/night!

21 Likes

Checking in day 8. Feeling pretty good today. I wish I hadnā€™t taken the month of December off from sobriety but I am grateful I stopped Jan 1 as I told myself I would. Keeping to that started Dec 31st when I chose to not go and get another bottle of wine. I probably wouldnā€™t have finished it and most likely would have drank the rest on the morning of January 1st and then who knows from there. Grateful also that all was not lost with 13+ months of sobriety, I learned a lot, especially that sober is better!

21 Likes

Day 14, two weeks!

Got here several times before, so not getting ahead of myself. Been doing my recovery work but not so much here and i know community is important :blush:

Keep going everyone. I appreciate you all :heart:

22 Likes

Good they take abnormalities serious, better safe than sorry. Here we get mammograms at the age of 50, but Iā€™d rather get it sooner :thinking:

So nice to hear you have such a good relationship with your mom! :heart:

6 Likes

Well done on your 2 weeks, not getting complacent is a wise choice but itā€™s still a huge achievement as many donā€™t make it this far.

4 Likes

1206- Doing it for me makes life better for everyone. A better life for everyone makes Doing it for me easier.
Thatā€™s the simplicity of sobriety.

16 Likes

Checking in on day 168.
:heart::v:

20 Likes

Day 695
Its the evening of another day clean and sober. The weather here is brutally cold so I have been inside all day. Thursday its supposed to be even colder at -41Ā°C :cold_face:
My day as been okay but alittle off. I had another day of healthy livingā€¦ I exercised, took all my supplements, and ate well (but I had to stop myself from taking 2nds of supper). This evening i have been moody. Just feeling irritable so its taking extra energy for me to keep that in check and not project my irritability onto others. Im looking forward to a nice hot shower and going to bed. Hopw everyone is doing well tonight!

22 Likes

@holysquid I do hope you were able to find a good meditation to help you out. Wishing you a lovely evening and a better tomorrow :hugs: Meditation for serenity
@naomi I love this for you ā€“ so great that you are feeling so great! Thanks friend ā€“ yeah, I am learning that they should be done sooner in age. Sorry that you have to wait so long for the mammogram.
@soaronward 2 weeks is amazing Gary! Keep working your recovery in the way that works for you ā€“ we are here for you! Keep on trucking! :muscle:

Checking in Tuesday eveningā€¦
384 days free of alcohol and weed
799 days free of cigarettes
Was a decent day - went by way to quickly. Another day added to my addiction free streak - feels so good in living this awesome life without being bound to my urges.
Wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day / evening - sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

20 Likes

Checking in, tickā€¦

16 Likes

Pretty typical day. I slept better but still tired. It was snowing heavily when my daughter left for school, but then it got warmer and turned to rain. Weird winter. Glad I havenā€™t had to shovel yet :+1:

Had our weekly trip to the library, and then went shopping. I was actually shocked at what $120 got me today, bc recently thereā€™s been times it was alot less. So that was refreshing :relieved:

Off to find a horror movie to watch before bed. Have a great 24 yaā€™ll!

21 Likes