Checking in daily to maintain focus #62

Yes, this happens to me usually 3-7 days after quitting alcohol, although sometimes they make an additional appearance. The headaches are constant and nothing helps. But they do go away and I remind myself it’s part of the healing process and I never have to go through them again if I stay in recovery. I’m sorry you’re going through this, sending a hug :people_hugging:

8 Likes

@Ofmiceandroach @Catmama23 All I can say is that they are common and they can be bad and until now there is little that can be done about it. Research points at mast-cells and the immune system that’s out of whack through quitting alcohol :mortar_board:. But a remedy is yet to be found. It should end after not too long, like a week or so. Stay hydrated and keep going!

10 Likes

Checking in on day
247 no alcohol
178 no vapes or ciggs
17.73 no form of pot

17 days came quick

Work soon
Just keeping it chill till then :slight_smile:

Have a good day everyone

18 Likes

Day 12
I will have no alcohol today!
ODAAT
-Solar

:heart: “Glad you reached out to this place, there’s so much love and support here it’s literally a family in your pocket!” Jwfletcher4792 :heart:

23 Likes

Good morning friends, day 8. Came down with a cold but that’s what one gets for kissing on grandchildren so much! There are worse things.
In the office this morning… Fridays are pretty empty. I’ll get through today and push on to tomorrow.
Have an awesome day!

26 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1307. I hope everybody has a good one!

23 Likes

Day 2263.

Confucius say “a smart man learns from his mistakes, a wise man learns from the mistakes of other”

Well maybe he didn’t say that but it’s definitely true in so many ways.

No matter how smart something thinks they are it doesn’t matter when it comes to sobriety. If someone with burns on their hands tells you the stove is hot and you touch it anyway you have no one to blame but yourself when you get burned.

If someone with sustained sobriety doles out some wisdom it might do ya well to listen because they probably got the wisdom the hard way.

24 Likes

Checking in Day 3.

Still here. Still trying.

Wishing everyone well today and the strength to face whatever comes their way.

:two_hearts:

27 Likes

Congratulations on 40 days!

4 Likes

You’re awesome Menno thank you!

5 Likes

Checking in on day 184. Happy Friday!

21 Likes

I read “Ultra-Processed People” and boy was that an eye opener how these foods are actually products specifically designed, produced, marketed and pushed with only one goal: to make you addicted to them. They are basically like cigarettes. Get them hooked and keep them coming back.

I also read “The Hungry Brain” about the neuroscience behind overeating. This one is far more scientific if you want to dive into this side of things.

I am curious how you’ll like the book and where your journey will take you :smile:

10 Likes

Day 333 :pray:t2:

22 Likes

Day 40
During my walk today I listened to Matthew Walker on the Joe Rogan podcast, a neuroscientist specialized in sleep. I knew sleep is important but this talk was mind-blowing.

My sleep improved immensely without alcohol and I’m working on better and more sleep, but it convinced me to prioritize it even more. Every night 7-9 hours, no excuses!
It’s not only the long term but also the short term effects. I learned a lot of new things.
Can’t recommend it enough!
(If you don’t like Rogan saying “wooooow” every couple of minutes, there are a lot of other interviews with Matthew Walker available on YouTube or other pc platforms.)

13 Likes

Day 365 sober. Feels so great to be able to type that. After years of attempts and relapses. Sometimes a new milestone brings a false sense of security and temptation can catch us off guard. That would happen with me at 2, 4, 8 months. With each relapse, it gets more difficult. Can’t afford another one. Alcohol has no healthy place in my life. Thanks for being a safe place to drop my thoughts.

33 Likes

Congratulations, what an amazing milestone! :coin::tada:
Its really reassuring and inspirational that after years of trying you were able to reach one year of sobriety. Thanks for that! I wish you many years of sobriety!

8 Likes

I was so enthousiastic about the podcast I forgot to write some non-important stuff I wanted to share too :see_no_evil:
Sooo, this morning I woke up a bit meh, tired and not feeling like doing anything (pms incoming!). But after a hot shower and a long walk I got my groove back. My son’s GF has left the building. We’re gonna miss her but she probably will be back next month. I am happy we had the opportunity to spend some time 1-on-1.

I politely declined the goodbye cake today as I just started my non-ultraprocessed food ‘challenge’. I made some fried rice with veggies and pork instead. Not the healthiest meal, but it’s progress…
I haven’t had any cravings for alcohol but I feel like I replaced drinking with junk food, as a pacifier. I’m feeling optimistic, but we’ll see how this week goes.

Have a sweet sober weekend beautiful people! :lotus:

13 Likes

Congrats on a year :clap:!

5 Likes

Woohoo, congrats man one year. Your killing it so proud of you

5 Likes

Day 818 AF

What up, gang.

Not a whole lot going on over here. I’m on PTO today. Waiting at the pharmacy to pick up more antidepressants. My anxiety and acid reflux are back. I fucked up over the holidays by eating a lot of junk food. I’ve been eating chips, chocolate, spicy foods, and drinking soda. SMH. Gonna go back to my heathly ways. Time load up on some greens.

I turn 35 tomorrow. Getting old, amigos. Where is the time going? Geez. We’ll have a small celebration with the fam.

Gonna do laundry and chill with the kiddos today.

Hope everyone’s doing well.

ODAAT

23 Likes