Checking in daily to maintain focus #62

Nice Lys…My cravings have been on the increase last 24 hours, but I can still identify my progress so far. I can now walk past my fridge without my arm instinctively reaching for the handle to go pull out a beer. That was weird the first couple days.

-Solar
Day 11

16 Likes

The day started off pretty slow, but I got things done this evening. Was able to finish the dishes before my hands said no more (idk why I don’t just wear gloves :woman_shrugging:), cleaned up some clutter, and started in my daughters room with her. Then she said she wanted to do it herself! She chose to get rid of quite a lot easily. Really proud of her bc up until now, she’d never let anything go. I’m going to go thru her clothes and books this weekend but I’ll leave the toys for her to decide. Can’t wait to see the finished product, as there’s some parts of the floor we haven’t seen in a looong time. Nothing much else here. Hope you all have a good one :heart:

25 Likes

Day 10:

I’ve been laying low and haven’t checked in for a while, but things are going well. Keeping to myself for the most part, besides my kids. Started an 8 week challenge at my gym which has been good. Go to my bootcamp every morning, ride my Peloton after work and for the first time ever I’m tracking what I eat. It’s actually helped a ton. I’ve cut out most processed food, eat mostly healthy proteins and vegetables. I’ve actually enjoyed exploring new foods to make instead of eating out. Feeling better physically, now just need to get more emotionally healthy. Work in progress, but progress is the key.

29 Likes

41 days in the bank.

Holiday over. Unpacking half done😂
Had a few errands to run once we got home.
Ease back into routine tomorrow with a trip to the gym in the morning.
Thank you @JazzyS and @CATMANCAM it was a great little summer break. Made even better by not straying from the path.

24 Likes

Well done Jimz, I’m on day 12 myself. Sleep is getting better. Fridays,I just want to get through Friday evening.

17 Likes

51 no binge, no sugar
7 UPFs
7 dairy

It’s still cold outside but finally the heating caught up and the flat is getting warmer. I hope to get shit done today. I’m always so giddy when a new project starts, and get very resentful at everything and everyone that gets in between me and my project. This is a dangerous path. It only leads to anger, binge working, burnout, and a very convenient ‘reason’ to get the pressure off by using. Let’s see how it will work out this time with my new understanding about addictive behaviours.

Peace to y’all :peace_symbol:

21 Likes

Hi
Day 202. Stayed ok last night . Working today. Will be OK. I think i have such a work oriented life and mind set that I feel like I’m missing some just fun and friends. I will try and work on the social bit somehow. I am thinking of doing another masters degree on line, that may be good for me.? Or maybe I need to build a new social life which is a bit hard for me as my social chit chat is a bit rubbish. My days are i turn on the laptop, work, turn off the laptop and then its the evening. Other than seeing folks walk past where we live that’s it. I probably read the news too much which means my chit chat is also a tad serious

23 Likes

My weekend is here. Too bad the sunny weather left together with my work week. Well. Got to stay in most of the day anyway as there is some electricity person coming in to install a new breaker box. It turns out to be rather complicated to switch from gas to electrical cooking, especially since the first electrician that came some weeks ago made a mess of it.

Small fry. I had a pretty good work week, will have dinner with some friends tonight and think of some nice stuff to do tomorrow and Sunday. All sober and clean. Have as good a day as you can all. Love.

Pic is a memory from 2017, when after a very wet drive the sun finally came through. Highway 101 in Oregon. First day I saw the Pacific :heart:

30 Likes

Day 363.

Last night I had this really unpleasant emotional outburst and crying fit. It’s most likely the womanly monthly hormonal thingy but it’s no fun in the slightest.

As my workload has been thin since Mid-december I took on some platform work. These come with short deadlines, they’re research heavy, but the pay is not bad. And I just… couldn’t. I struggled putting anything coherent together, got overly perfectionist, took too many procrastination breaks, and spent most of yesterday getting nowhere. By 11 pm I was tired, frustrated, angry and sad.

Anyway, I asked for an extension and now I have the next couple of days to figure it out. It sucks feeling so… dumb and incompetent. Like there’s a switch in my head that keeps the lights off. It’s making me question if I am even capable enough of going back to school in the fall.

Today I’m doing another workout, some chores, and trying to get some work done.

Hope you all a nice addiction free day. Stay warm out there. :heart:

26 Likes

Checking in on day 42. I hope everyone has an amazing day!! :v:t3: and :purple_heart:

23 Likes

Checking in on 6 days

22 Likes

Checking in still sober.

I’m glad it’s Friday! I’m slowly getting into a routine with the new job. And overall feeling more positive.

I’m realizing that I’m suffering from PMDD every month and get really depressed for a few days. I keep putting off talking to my doctor about it because I’m so close to menopause, but I will make a point to talk to her about it.

OFDAAT

23 Likes

Checking in with 6 days - almost a week! Had a horrible headache all last night and this morning. I’ve taken some Anadin for the pain but it still sucks and its quite painful. Did anyone else deal with bad headaches upon quitting alcohol?

24 Likes

Day 3 checking in :slight_smile:

23 Likes

& @Garry We also have a thread where we discuss our sober Friday and weekend plans :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

Oh, I know that feeling of being totally incompetent and not being able to focus, no matter how hard I try. You’re not alone … Sometimes I feel like an idiot, procrastinating endlessly, getting sidetracked after every three sentences, thoughts drifting off … Then I take a break and tell myself I just need to clear my head, get some fresh air, a cup of coffee or so. Aaaand the struggle just continues. :face_exhaling:

I hope the extended deadline helps and things look brighter today! Wish you a clear headed and productive day. :heart:

4 Likes

I really like your attitude towards ultra-processed foods. I still eat unhealthy and can’t get myself to quit, why not see it as the addiction it is? As of today I am going to set a day counter for UPF free days for myself too. I started calorie counting again to lose some pounds, but I also want to get back to healthier eating.
Going to read Food for Life and Ultra-Processed People. Did you read those by any chance?

5 Likes

Thank you for mentioning those books, I just ordered them!

3 Likes

Day 1,309 clean and sober, day 2 no social media. Yesterday I slept a lot!!! The amount of stress at work really takes a toll on me I guess. I did nothing but read and sleep all day which means I have to spend today doing the chores I didn’t get done yesterday :rofl: Oh well. I hope everyone has a great day today, love you guys :sunglasses::metal:t2:

22 Likes

Yes, I had horrible headaches as well. I believe it could be related to the loss of all the sugars in alcohol??? @Mno probably knows more about this for sure. I know that in the beginning having some sweets on hand really helped me through the first couple of weeks. Great job! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

5 Likes