Checking in daily to maintain focus #62

And congrats on the 30 days!!! :sunglasses:

Edit: hit the wrong emoji!

4 Likes

Oh I love it! A new vacuum cleaner is always fun! i love getting new appliances or gadgets for the kitchen or whatever :relieved:

5 Likes

Wow!!! Congratulations on 6 months!!!

4 Likes

Oh dear that is so much to handle & on your plate. I appreciate your openness about your experience, and hope you can all find a smooth (ish) path forward whatever that may be. Xo

4 Likes

Oh my today kicked my ASS!

Both kids were up in the night and usually son falls back to sleep easily, but last night he didnt wantbme to leave the room. I understand, because I was away last week and then worked late yesterday and the day before so he just misses me. Today I picked both kids up early, because of the ice storm and got to spend some nice time with him.

But oh man si tired and disorganized. I didnt get the packing done today, andbtomorrow volunteering in thebmorningbthen we head out around 2 for our little family weekend in the city. SIGH LOL

Nothing major but my body sure is tired, and hubby is feeling it too. Its a lot of cleaning with little ones and can feel very circular. I find I am less bothered by it, but he gets frustrated that things cannot stay clean. I feel like one day their lottle messes will end, and then they will be all grown up…these times just go so fast, and I spend SO MUCH time cleaninf I dont want to be in a constant state of frustration things dont stay clean. Its…wasted energy? (Not to say i dont get frustrated at times!)

Im just tired, and I do feel the anxiety of the pending trial. Its like the butterflies in my stomach have gone up. A bit of a ringing in my head. And still not quite wrapped my head around that she is gone, and thats how her life ended. I know life is hard, but I am just a bit fucking tired of the tragedy and the tonedeafness of our federal/criminal justice systems when it comes to domestic issues. There is simply zero understandinf that a system created in the reflection of male power MAY be causing a problem in effectively dealing with how that power poisons all involved. I just want some justice, and one day to know peace. And I know, no matter the outcome in court it will not bring me a sense of either. I will have to find my way towards them.

Keep well & safe my friends xo

23 Likes

55 days in the bank

Checking in a bit early today, have nightshift tonight so safe to say I won’t be picking up.

Went to the gym this morning, sorted dinner for my partner as she’ll be home late after her shift then dropped the kids at their grandma’s for the night.
Will be leading some training for some of the crew tonight so did a little bit of study of the things we’ll be covering tonight.
Looking foward to dinner and maybe a quiet night, unlikely though haha

25 Likes

Day 1133,

Just checking in

Can’t catch my sleep :face_with_peeking_eye:

25 Likes

Nice, can I print that? I am thinking it could act as a good “Do Not Disturb” sign that I could place on my desk once in a while (like today). :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Thank you Cam. Missed you and the rest of the TS family. You are rocking it. So proud of you…keep at it.:yellow_heart:

4 Likes

@cat10 so good to see you checking in on your day 1 Cat. Great thought process to not beat yourself up. We can have our tools but sometimes if we let our guard down or become too confident then we do fall into the addict trap (this has been me many a times) – learn from the trigger and keep pushing forward. Grateful that you do have so much support and recovery tool options. Just take it ODAAT and know we are right here with you.
@steve92 How did your day go Steve? Sorry the anxiety is on high for you. Hoping you are able to find a way to calm your nerves and hopefully get some better sleep in the near future.
@dilettante ½ a year is flippin amazing girl – way to go Kiki!!! SO very happy for you and that we are on our journey’s together :hugs:
@deeh Way to go with your day 5. Hope you have a wonderful time at the concert. Know we are always available if you need support. Make sure to have your non alcoholic drinks available to you so you don’t feel tempted and enjoy the hell out of your concert. So amazing when you can actually experience what you paid for and remember it all.
@anon68572606 I’m sorry friend. It all sounds like a very delicate and stressful / frustrating situation for everyone. Grateful that you can keep the kids together and hopefully you will be able to find some outside help so that you can also focus on your mental health. We are no good to anyone when we are breaking down.
@butterflymoonwoman I am so sorry Dana – I can’t believe they don’t have a better system in place. I do hope you are able to get some rest prior to make the overnight shift easier to handle. Sending you strength and love my friend. :hugs:
@mesober Welcome back to day 1. Great work on getting right back on the sober track. We are here for you. I have found this community to be a great source of support and a wonderful tool in my sobriety. Love the positive thinking. Hoping that the withdrawals ease up on you soon :pray:

Checking in Thursday night
400 days free of alcohol and weed
815 days free of cigarettes
I managed another decent day with a positive attitude. Got the house clean and ran some errands. Am up to date with my computer work. Did my last treatment tonight - she focused on my lymph system and it was a very painful experience. The pain caused me to skip the second half of the treatment (which is supposed to help with the inflammation but i really have not seen any progress so didn’t mind skipping). Hoping that my session with the doctor will give me some insight as to how the last 8 weeks have progressed. Regardless i think i will take a break from this till after my surgery.
i treated myself to a few bites of ice cream tonight - been months without sugar and i said fuck it lol. It really did taste so good!
Well another addiction free day in the books! Feeling good about that. Wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day / evening. Sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

27 Likes

Day 100 woot. Thanks to everyone for the support!

33 Likes

Thank you @Mira_D me too. Time will tell. It’s likely that these kids wouldn’t be here longer then the 60 days we would have had to keep them to have a successful transition to a new home anyway, so in the end it’s still the same.

4 Likes

hey beautiful people just checking in @ 138 days alcohol free, since getting sober and beginning the process of recovering my soul, the transformations and the blessings appearing have been truly divine, i am amazed and grateful for this community without which i wouldn’t be here :sparkling_heart:

24 Likes

Frank!!! Triple digits!!! Good on ya.

I9zBClBaRWY8w

11 Likes

2598 days. I’m feeling depressed after finding out that my son FAILED one of his high school classes. It was a college class he was taking though his HS so he will also have an F on his college transcript. Waiting to talk to the school counselor for next steps, but I am certain he will need to retake it. I am trying to handle it better than I usually handle bad news like this, but bad news can trigger my depression. So I am also trying to be gentle with myself. I am NOT going to drink over this – that wouldn’t solve anything!

21 Likes

Triple digits! Nice!

4 Likes

Day 473

Just another long day. But I’m heading to bed. And it’s not even midnight, so that is a plus!
Love y’all

24 Likes

Dinner was great, as suspected. Definitely ate too much, but felt perfectly content by the time I got home. Kind of annoyed my unemployment still hasn’t come thru. I’ll be back to work in a week. At least I haven’t really needed it. The next couple weeks will be tight, but I’ve had it worse so we’ll get by.

Didn’t have much motivation today. I pulled a rib muscle during my workout yesterday so I didn’t want to irritate it. I wanted to finish and donate the closet stuff but hopefully, after a day of rest, I can get to it tomorrow. The start of my last weekend off. I definitely need to enjoy it since I won’t see another Fri/Sat/Sun off til next year :tired_face:

Pretty tired already, which is good. I hope the moon lets me have restful sleep. Wish the same for all of you! :grin: :heart: :sleeping:

26 Likes

Congrats on your hundred ODAATs Frank.
:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

Day 12

The boredom is getting to me :melting_face:

Everything that ive been doing thats helped keep me sober the past month is wearing off. Doing crafts right now but im just bored with all of my options. Feel the urge more than i have in a while :melting_face: dont know what to do

20 Likes