Checking in daily to maintain focus #63

Almost day 6.

Its Sunday. Day off work.

Feet up. Coffee. Youtube. Food. Repeat :laughing:

Feeling good today. Im surprised i havnt had the urge to sleep till 4pm every day so far. Something has changed in me this time around. Im happier. Its good. Im good :+1:

Going to start going to meetings this week. I didnt really stick to them in the past but ive got the urge to give them another shot.

Happy sunday yā€™all :pray:

24 Likes

Hello friends, checking in on day 988

18 Likes

Atta girl April!!

I feel like Iā€™m doing it all ass backwards. I got my 4 years now. And I started going to meetings a couple of months before that. I like the speaker meeting I found on Friday nights around here. And I go to my Al-Anon sponsors Thursday night AA meeting. Heā€™s a double winner like me. I wasnā€™t sure Iā€™d fit in :rofl::rofl::rofl: Iā€™ve gotten a little nugget and can relate to lots of people sharing there. And Iā€™m learning some good stuff.
Keep up the great work!
Congrats on 5 complete days :boom::boom::boom::boom::boom:
:pray:t2::heart:

8 Likes

13 Likes

831 days sober today.

Havent been on here in a while.
Its nice to see familar check names and all the new brothers and sisterā€™s in recovery.

Life still happens and I dont have to drink or drug over it.
Thankful for my life today.

My father passed away in June and I had the honor of holding his hand as he moved along dimensions. My sobriety was a gift then just as it is now.
I thank God I got to be present for that.

Im still working on reconciling more time with my children.
My ex didnt work on his resentments. I continue to work on my character defects but that doesnā€™t mean he had to.
There are days where I wish I had that magic wand to force others to work a program ans quit being assholes but I can only control me and pray for others.

Thankful for my work. I get to help others in the depths of their addiction, homelessness and street life. Its much trauma obsorbtion and such an honor.

God is loving and good and I am undeserving. Grateful yet undeserving.

Today I am ok with me. I can enter the rooms without judgement.
Today, I am comfortable being alone and having selfcare days.
Today, I get to be proud of my present because of my past.

Grateful to be alive, sober and sane today.

God bless.

27 Likes

@butterflymoonwoman so sorry to hear that you been dealing so intensely with the addict voice. Lovely to hear that you are doing better today. :people_hugging: Grateful to see your recovery tools in action. :heart:
@jules000 Way to go Jules! That is a brave move and I am grateful to see you showing up for yourself and looking forward to seeing you flourish :hugs:
@just_laura glad that you are no longer in the mid set of old times to recover from a bad night. I do hope that today treated you well and that you are feeling well rested.
@timetochange way to go with your 8 months friend! Keep that streak going strong :mus
@iamthechange OMG Ami ā€“ this is the best news ever!!! So happy to have read this. Much love to you and your baby girl! Give her much love from me! :heart: :hugs: Grateful that you protected your sobriety throughout this and were present for you as well as your fur baby!
@seamusicnerd Welcome to the community! Lovely job with your sobriety timers! Wishing you luck with the lozenges.
@chevy55 Way to go with 50 days Nick! Canā€™t celebrate this enough. Glad that your sons team did so well! A double victory :tada:
@cleanheart Glad to see you get right back on track to beat this addiction. Keep working the recovery my friend, lean on your support systems when you need help. This is not a easy road but it is worthwhile.
@k_s great to have here with us ā€“ wonderful job with your sober time! Keep up the amazing work Kenny! :muscle:
@lisa-b Great work on your timers Lisa. Sorry to hear about your therapist ā€“ wishing you luck in finding a new one who works better with your needs. Grateful to hear that you will be getting right back into your routine.

Checking in on Saturday night
430 days free of alcohol and weed
845 days free of cigarettes
Doing well in my recovery - pain and swelling but that is to be expected. So grateful for my mom :pray: She really has been my rock for my physical and mental health.
Wishing everyone a wonderful addition free day /evening - sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

21 Likes

Day 57. I turned 55 years old today.
Thatā€™s my check in: Older and still sober without any major desire to drink that shtoof.

My friends took me to an Ethiopian Restaurant I introduced them to. Still no non-tiny tastes. I do appreciate that I have that tiny one and that my mouth is still set on fire with spices I canā€™t taste. Whoop!

21 Likes

Happy birthday! Glad you enjoyed a lovely meal with friends :hugs: :birthday: :tada: :partying_face:
R

6 Likes

Late night Saturday check in - day 37.
Iā€™m on day 2 at a 3-day conference. I stuck around the events until 20 mins into the dance party. Did my seeing and being seen, chatted with people I wanted to, and then headed to my room. Did some pushups, and going to bed sober. ā€¦Nice to feel good about my choices before I end my day.

Positive vibes your way, and thank you for being here.

18 Likes

Feliz cumpleaƱos, amiga! Im glad you were able to celebrate with friends and enjoy some tiny tastes and mouth feel of your spices. Glad youā€™re here with us and happy to celebrate you, too!

5 Likes

85 days in the bank
Work day. Did plenty of training in amongst some interesting jobs. I like how now that Iā€™m not hungover at work I have the energy to do the extras, things I could likely get away with not doing.
Have a big day at work tomorrow. So Iā€™m glad to be sober right now.
Came home and had dinner with the wife, then played some games with the kids.

@EarnIt happy birthday. 57days and 55yrs so close to some nice symmetry. Both still a great achievement
@PositiveThoughts way to protect that sobriety

17 Likes

Planning on not doing much today. Did a long :bike: ride yesterday through the cold and the wet. Physically a bit tired from that. Happy to stay in and do both some useful and useless stuff. Watch sports on TV, read, hang around the internet, pet Luna, cook something healthy for myself. That should about do it. Maybe just a little stroll around the park to breath some outside air. Sober and clean.

Have as good a day as you all can friends. Clean and sober. Love.
@EarnIt Happy birthday JenƩ!!! :people_hugging: :bouquet: :birthday: :tada: :birthday: :bouquet: :heart:

18 Likes

Happy birthday @EarnIt :confetti_ball: and what a lovely picture @Jules000 :heavy_heart_exclamation: It breathes spring to me!

*Day 1984 :walking_woman:
Went to a concert yesterday evening and it was such fun. I always get so much energy of good music! I never used drugs, but if I would imagine the feeling it would be like this.
Happy to get such a boost from a concert and can enjoy all of it sober. No alcohol ore substitutes needed. Just me and loud music :notes:

Today? Visithing a crystal shop with my son as a late birtdaypresent. Getting the secondhand tree trunk table we bought in the afternoon. Itā€™s big and heavy :face_with_peeking_eye:
Have a good sunday all TS people! :raising_hand_woman:

20 Likes

Happy birthday! :balloon::partying_face::balloon::partying_face:

4 Likes

Late night after the usual Sat night out with the work buddies. It was fun but my stomach has been kinda off. Bubbly and sour. I feel like Iā€™m hungry now but Iā€™m not sure if I should eat or just go to bed. Maybe just some bread. Hopefully itā€™s fine in the morning. I want to be able to do my usual Sunday cleaning before picking my daughter up. Hope you all have a great 24!

18 Likes

@PositiveThoughts To making good choices :muscle:t2:
@EarnIt Happy Birthday :partying_face: :tada::confetti_ball: Numbers looking good.
@MrFantastik Job training sounds interesting. What do you train in?
@JazzyS Glad to hear your are doing well. Wishing you a speedy recovery :mending_heart:
@PaigeTurner Nice meeting you! Great attitude there :smiling_face:
@Jules000 How sweet is that!? :blush::blush::blush:
@apes2020 Wishing you a good start with meetings!
@Lisa-B Hope your morning routine will be back up soon. I feel really unbalanced when mine gets disturbed. And good luck with finding a better therapist.
@Hesmyportion I had jaw pain from sugar withdrawal for quite a time. I hope yours will pass soon.
@tifflynn07 Sending your immune system strength :muscle:t2::muscle:t2::muscle:t2:

95 sugar
51 UPF
13 overeating/binge

Itā€™s the end of the week and time for my weekly review. Looking forward to a walk in the afternoon. I hope my energy gets better today and my hormonal fluctuations stabilise. Weā€™ll see.

Have a day of peace, kindness and freedom friends :peace_symbol::people_hugging::dove:

17 Likes

The dawn of sixty days again, oh how I see your sweet round numbers.

Ok time to cut my own veneer. I was in a bad mood all of yesterday pretty much, though I truly tried to rationalise this and to keep jumping into the hoop of hope throughout the day.

I didnā€™t really want to eat, but I managed some toast at four pm. It was a necessity as was feeling pretty crap after not eating for twenty hours and doing some chores. I made lasagne then didnā€™t want it.

My partner snapped at me as we were doing the office room and it seems I may have thrown my works keyboard away by accident (I said I had definitely seen it so my other half searched for about an hour :woozy_face:). Iā€™ve been using my own one that I preferred for years. I only realised this as I checked my SIGNED office equipment and property form that I was looking for a HP board. Jeeps, they will probably charge me. Anyway I got really fucked off about it and all the anxiety bubbled disproportionally and created tension. We argued because I then started being snappy. Solution? Iā€™ve threw in a non descript Dell keyboard and hope they donā€™t notice. It feels a bit like giving less than the asking donation at the museum box. Itā€™s not even the simplicity of this situation that bothered me, itā€™s the held anger and anxiety, I had a million counter arguments for them planned ā€œIā€™ve used my personal phone as my work phone for five yearsā€ blah blah. A true waste of energy worrying myself into discomfort. How me.

So although we made up I felt resentment all day, and probably foolish and stupid. Then I stayed in this for much of the day. Feeling bored and then starting a campaign of hatefulness towards our Saturday being boring. Believe me, I can be quite unreasonable and childish in these moments. Iā€™m not proud of the person I am sometimes. I think this was where drink always created escape. Even boring things would have been acceptable with drink. One more, one moreā€¦until I swing from the chandeliersā€¦

So I stood firm in boredom. Ate a little homemade chicken curry and naan in the evening as the lasagne seemed a no and something that I should eat when truly happy. Watched a movie, drank water and cucumber tonic and sleepy tea with sage.

I also need to remember I have stopped my long term antidepressant two days ago and have started Sertraline two days ago. It could be that making my chemicals pop. Patience, little grasshopper.

Iā€™ll try to do better today. Anyway, thatā€™s me. It wasnā€™t rosy. :rofl:

18 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1351. I hope everybody has a good one!

19 Likes

Good morning all! Checking in on day 86. Looking forward to a great day with the family whatever we decide to do!! I hope everyone has an amazing day!
@EarnIt Happy Birthday!! :balloon::gift::tada::birthday:

18 Likes

Checking in sober 105days today been sick over the weekend just taking it easy sure it will pass soon couldnā€™t meet up with my sponsor today so will be catching up next week hope
Everyone is well taking it odaat

18 Likes