Checking in daily to maintain focus #63

Being sick sucks! Hoping you can get some rest and you feel better soon.

4 Likes

Heyyyyyyy
Good morning from rainy Massachusetts usa
Day
294 no alcohol
225 no vapes or ciggs
96 no thc

Day off from work on this rainy day
Everyone whos working is bound to be grumpy from the weather. I got the dayyyy offfff wooo

Wifey and archer are doing great too. I looooove being a new dad and having this family :heart:

22 Likes

Apparently I suck at all the days. All of them. Every day. All day. lol thatā€™s where weā€™re at

6 Likes

Checking in day 59ā€¦.:black_heart:

Itā€™s cold outside, Iā€™m sleepy, my schedule is fullā€¦ I need more coffeeā€¦

I AM howeverā€¦looking forward to my cheat day on Saturday where I will eat all the food and calories in the universe, combined.

Much :heart_hands: to everyone here. Iā€™ve been so busy I havenā€™t been as active as Iā€™d like but when Iā€™m having a moment, reading yā€™allā€™s posts helps my heart xoxo

25 Likes

Huge congrats Matti! Excellent work friend. Glad to see you and thanks for sharing your milestone.

10 Likes

Welcome Marie! Indeed time to leave the white knuckling behind, and make work of your Recovery. Of which Community is a big part. Talking Sober has been my community for some years now and I hope and think it can be for you too. So welcome here and all success on your sober journey!

PS. Can we see your kitty please? :sunglasses: :heart_eyes_cat: :cat2: Only when you feel comfortable with it of course. Where my cat people? #3

10 Likes

This is a good way to look at things. Thanks for sharing. Today feels broken and Iā€™m not sure why. It just is.

6 Likes

It makes me very happy to see you checking in here. Sending you so much love my friend!

6 Likes

9 Likes

Thank you for the welcome, Mno! Sure, I have a lazy Maine Coon mix that would be thrilled to have the random sober eyes of the world on her ! :slight_smile: Iā€™ll add her picture soon

X

8 Likes

Day 10 sober and day 10 of meetings
Iā€™m grateful for life
Iā€™m grateful for love
Iā€™m grateful for sobriety

26 Likes

@chevy55 Glad you survived the mood swing. You have us here to open up to and hash out the feelings when they get to be too much. I know all about having to keep up appearances in real life and how our own mental health can go neglected. You are doing a wonderful job with your sobriety and all the changes that come with it.
@maxwell I do hope that you reach out and share more Maxine. We are here for you :people_hugging: OMG ā€“ that is a drop in temperature. We got the same weather here and Iā€™m just grateful that snow did not come with the weather shift.
@mrsodh Welcome back love ā€“ so very lovely to see you pop up here. Glad to have you back with us :hugs: Iā€™m sorry that your husband is not doing any better. I am glad that you kicked out your guest and are standing your ground ā€“ that sounds like a very uncomfortable situation.
@tomek Thatā€™s a lot going on friend. I do send you strength and clarity to navigate through all these changes. We are here to listen if you need to vent :people_hugging:
@1in8billion So lovely to see you my friend. You do have a choice ā€“ grateful to see you choosing sobriety. :pray:
@goku2019 oh Iā€™m so sorry for your loss. :pray: :hugs: Glad you are getting some sleep finally. 864+ days and going strong :muscle:
@solareclipse our addict voice really does know how to keep its grip on us. We are here for you friend ā€“ you are stronger than the addiction and can push forward ODAAT!
@scorpn I do hope that you find time to rest and relax soon. New hair color? Ooh ā€“ would love to see :smile: Much love Renee :heart:
@sayu Welcome to our community and a great job on your 4 days of sobriety! Keep this streak going strong :muscle:
@catmancam Congrats on your 3 weeks of no binge-eating! My goodness Cam ā€“ I am frustrated for you ā€“ how insane that the appointment wasnā€™t with a doctor and the response you got (some years??? ) this is pissing me off. Are you able to get a second opinion? I do hope the cream offers some relief and very soon. I canā€™t imagine hearing such a diagnosis and cure. Hoping you get some answers and care soon.

14 Likes

@CLEANHEART Great work on your 3 days friend. It takes time for our loved ones. The one thing we can do is have our actions do all the talking. Showing them that we are serious about our recovery is a great way to start. Keep putting in the effort :muscle:
@shatteredsoul Great to see you back Joshua. We got your back here ā€“ keep stacking on the days :muscle:
@planipennia WOOT WOOT! 2 years is amazing Matti ! Keep showing us the way :heart:
sobriety-sober
@mindofsobermike The nice days with time on your hands can be troublesome at the beginning of sobriety. Are you able to check out meetings in your area? New hobbies that may be of interest? Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday Mike!
@lighter Welcome to the community Marie! So very glad that you found us. 5 weeks is amazing and I am so proud that you decided to tough it out and sleep last night rather than give in to the addict voice. We truly are stronger together and this is a wonderful community for a good solid support system. Here you are among fellow addicts going through similar struggles. Looking forward to seeing you around the threads :hugs:
@button83 Way to go with your double digits! Love the 10 days with 10 meetings ā€“ keep that streak going strong :muscle:

Checking in on Wednesday afternoonā€¦
Today is a bit better day with less pain. Grateful to now be off the meds and handle this recovery on my own. My mother really is an angel and taking really good care of me. Still very tired and sore so will keep relying on my sleep to heal me. Wanted to check in and say hi :hugs:
Wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day / evening. Sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

26 Likes

Thanks Jas,

I think I was just overtired from the late nights at kids games and I bailed a couple times on gymā€¦ guilty conscience when I bail as I only have me that keeps me accountable.
Hit a double upper body today for 1.5 hours and my arms and shoulders are gonna be screaming soon.
My wife leaves me on Sunday, so just me and the doggos here for 3 weeks pretty isolated, so Iā€™m thinking lots and lots of gym timeā€¦

Thanks for the shout out. Itā€™s always appreciated when I know some are watching for me.

7 Likes

2 years 15 days
Today has been fairly busy. Son is home from school for a medical appt so that was the first thing on our list of things to do. Soon we will have lunch and then im taking him for a haircut. I wasnt able to get to the gym today but thats okay bcuz i was feeling exhuasted from pushing myself so hard the past couple days. Will still stay focused on eating healthy though. Not much else going on today. Hope everyone is doing well!!

28 Likes

Checking in day 58 AF :blush:.

21 Likes

@Lighter welcome! This community is a life saver, so glad youā€™re here!
@JazzyS so happy to hear the pain is getting better!
@Jimz enjoy your victory when you hand that menu back, youā€™ve earned it!
@Noshame itā€™s so great when you post about how much you love your little family, it warms my heart!
:v:t3: and :purple_heart:

9 Likes

Thank you Cam.

Hoping the prescription works for you. I hope you enjoy your free day a walk and catching up here sounds great! :yellow_heart:

7 Likes

Checking in. Today was good, I finished all my work related tasks, so now Iā€™m finally free to have a rest. I also thought through my options for the future, and I might be able to stay in my current job. My income fluctuates from month to month, so itā€™s really difficult to predict, but it doesnā€™t drop under a certain level, so thatā€™s good. Working from home would make the separation so much easier, so thatā€™s something to aim for I think. Otherwise the day was good, I was home alone, decluttered some stuff and cleaned a bit, read a book and just enjoyed the peace.

20 Likes

Thank you so much. For your prayers. Your in mine as well. Things are tough but I am hopeful for a future for my marriage.

7 Likes