Checking in daily to maintain focus #63

Good morning sober fam! Checking in on day 98. I feel tired again today, I’m sleeping at night so not sure what that’s about. Hopefully as the day goes on that feeling will diminish. I hope everyone has the most amazing day!!!
:v:t3: and :purple_heart:

16 Likes

It’s exciting for sure. I’m not a GrillMeister but my husband loves it.

Don’t know anything about overeating/binge and I’m allergic to dairy so my tip might not help. But a common weight loss tip is usually to eat enough during the dayamd have a satisfactory supper/ dinner with dessert and all if that’s what you like. That way you’re supposed to be less likely to eat something extra, like snacks later.

Hope you’ll get a wonderful weekend.

5 Likes

You rock Jazzy :heart:

6 Likes

Checking in on Day 7 with stormy weather. I feel so happy to have made it a week! Now let me go get everything charged up. I didn’t drink all of the power outage coffee yet, good thing. Haha Every big Storm usually knocks our power out but maybe this one will behave.

I want to tell you how good I feel this morning. Soon as this passes. :smiley:

Love y’all!

17 Likes

Congrats on a whole week! It’s wonderful to hear you’re feeling good. Stay safe in that storm!

3 Likes

Great work doing one week.
The good thing with that is that you’re always prepared for a power outage. I live off grid in one of the few places in my country who still has overhead power lines. It goes right outside our house.

It doesn’t matter what season it it, summer thunder will lead to an outage, fall storms, winter blizzard,spring hurricane,you name it.

Stay safe and have a great weekend.

4 Likes

Hi Jazzy,

Sending you love as always. Thank you. You are right. Learning self compassion is a practice. I am doing the best I can with the tools I have right now. Still learning, still building. Self compassion is the key. You keep at it girl. Hugs :hugs:

3 Likes

Welcome back. It is amazing how in your head you know what works, like you said, a routine, full of the things we all know, yet it can be so damn hard to actually put into practice. I think many of us struggle with it at times, and to different degrees. Hope to see regular check-ins letting us know how you are doing. :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Day 63, and no slips down the stairs… small victories!! Yah

Finally, a decent nights sleep again. I tell ya, I try to hard I think. It’s something I think about laying in bed every night… will this one be good?? I’m really trying to shut those voices off. They think and talk too much at night. They seem to make a hell of a lot of plans for what I need to still do, and my lists seem to be ever growing… I digress

My stats last night were solid with an 86/100 sleep score!!

18 Likes

Ugh, that sleep anxiety is so real! Bedtime meditations have helped me a whole lot. If you haven’t tried, it might be worth it. There are anxiety specific sleep meditations, or just relaxation ones, too.

7 Likes

I’ve said a couple times but also am a professional procrastinator, that I need to look into meditation… I really do and will, I swear! One of these days…
:pray:

6 Likes

Day 114. Good morning sober fam, ugh man I just feel like shit. I tossed and turned all night which has been the first in a while, I just couldn’t sleepy. Body sore, sneezing, clogged nose, throat hurt. Idk I think I finally fell to sleep around 3 ish. Woke up at 540 got up and ready and came to work. Sprayed my cologne only to realize I couldn’t even smell it. I just can’t wait to be home, just to be here tomorrow lol. But it’s all good I’m grateful, and proud of myself for getting up and getting through. It was a beautiful morning, sun was out, birds were chirping. Can’t beat that. Much love

16 Likes

Dude! If you’re sick you need to stay home and rest! And not share that sick with everyone else. Don’t you get sick days? Hope you feel better soon.

5 Likes

Day 264. I keep getting myself worked up over stupid things. I don’t know why I care. I wish I could be a happy person.

12 Likes

Congrats on the great number John.

3 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1363. I hope everybody has a good one!

13 Likes

Hey sober family :heart:

With sobriety, must come transparency and honesty… Last night I relapsed. I mentioned before I have crippling anxiety, it finally got the better of me and I caved. I’m really stressed out at the minute, so much going on.

I am NOT going to drink again, I won’t let it spiral. The threat of alcohol had been looming over me, a quick fix for raging anxiety. Well, I’ve made it worse. In a weird way I’m glad it happened, because it was the slap in the face that I needed.

Day 1 :muscle:

19 Likes

@IamThechange @Misokatsu @JazzyS

:heart: Thanks guys, really appreciate your messages!

I’m definitely committed, and won’t be going anywhere! You’re a gem :people_hugging:

3 Likes

Keep going binx your a strong one :muscle:you have given me hope at my lowest :heart:you got this

3 Likes

Thank you.

3 Likes