Checking in daily to maintain focus #63

2 years 16 days
Been an insanely busy morning. Got my son on the bus and then rushed to the gym. Had a good workout. Went and ran an errand afterwards, grabbed a sub for lunch, and came home to take a phone call. Now to do lundry and dishes lol ugh it never ends haha My husband got his tax refund today also and id be lying if i said i didnt have a few thoughts of using. But not today. I love my life clean and sober :heart: Hope everyone enjoys their day! Congratulations to those who have reached a milestone today!

21 Likes

I think I maybe tried to watch the mini series years ago. Or maybe I’ve just seen bits of it. I actually went on a hunt through the bookshelf to find shogun and found I’ve got another Clavell book Tai-pan, which I don’t think I’ve read. They’re both quite long books so I probably decided to get to it later and then forgot all about it.
Anyway, the first 2 episodes of the new series are good. Bit of a slow burner, but thats to be expected given the style

Edit to add: @Mno read 30 pages of Tai-pan last night and realised I have read it haha. Can’t remember how it plays out so may just persist with it until I can find a 2nd hand copy of some of Clavells other novels. Its loosely a series of novels I think.

8 Likes

Checking in day 59 AF :blush:.

16 Likes

Thank you so much Lauren! How are you doing? Thinking about you :people_hugging:

7 Likes

Checking in. Today’s therapy session was really good (as they usually are), it was a bit exhausting and gave me a lot to think about. Otherwise it was a lazy day, but that’s ok, because I’m going to get a bunch of work soon, so next month will be full again. I rarely do this kind of job that I just took, but I like it a lot, it’s refreshing and creative and at least it gives me a chance to learn how much income I can have if I work with full schedule and I can check out which clients can give me tasks more regularly.

17 Likes

Hi all, I feel tired. I’m struggling. I’m struggling to see a way through a financial challenge I’m in right now. I’m also in a struggle to stay sober. The two are related I am sure.

I am still in touch with my sponsor and my friends from group. I think I need to dig into this more deeply.

24 Likes

Sorry for the circumstances but good to see you checking in Matt. Back to basics friend. One day at a time. Hang in there.

7 Likes

Hi Matt,
I can relate to what your feeling. I have been dealing with some financial challenges lately that have been very overwhelming. I tackled one thing at a time, used my resources and made sure too check in here and.continue to put my recovery first. Praying that your circumstances work out soon. All the best!

8 Likes

Day 170 cocaine Free
Day 52 Alcohol Free
Day 1 Ciggarette free

Hi all,

Checking in on this cold Thursday… Feeling tired today. Allowed.myself time to rest and not feel too quility about it. I know soon I won’t have these opportunities always! Paying attention to my body.(HALT)

Increasing my water intake and upping my fruits and vegetables. The desire to.nibble is strong especially now with me breaking up with ciggarettes for good. As I start the process of rebuilding and loving myself I dont want to harm and.destroy myself with unhealthy habits anymore! ODDAT!

Strong and Serene 24 all :pray:t5::yellow_heart:

22 Likes

Today started good. Still is. It’s just my friend called in a panic. Her client at work fell and got hurt. He’s in the hospital. Poor friend. She’s so upset. I hate to see her this way. I drove 30mins to see her and be there for her. She’s feeling a little better. I’m gonna stay even tho she’s at her second job I’m gonna make sure she’s OK and support her. This is when I have to learn that even tho I wanna be home watching TV and relaxing, my friend needs me and its about her rn not me. I love her too much to allow her to go through this alone.

14 Likes

In other news, I’m apartment hunting!!! Found some available units for rent move in ready!!!

9 Likes

Thanks sm, I appreciate everyone’s support

4 Likes

Day 59, stressed today. I did not sleep well. I had a terrible thought occur to me last night and I worried myself something awful. I couldn’t just call and ask my loved one that I was concerned about, if they were doing something I felt could be very dangerous, even life threatening, because they don’t use regular cell service and are only reachable periodically when they have wifi to use WhatsApp. I did send a message to get clearer info on their plans and it seems they are not doing what I was so worried about. That is a huge relief! I told myself last night that I didnt have the facts and even if I did, I probably wouldn’t be able to talk them out of their plans. My mind can go to such dark places but I also have been through a lot. I sometimes feel as though I’m just waiting for something bad to happen and that’s a terrible feeling. I need to get some things done that will reduce my stress and hopefully will have a good night’s sleep tonight. Just typing these feelings out has my heart racing. I need to breathe. Sending healing to all of us.

18 Likes

You know what I just saw? Someone said they might need to check in twice…I was so happy to hear that, because I’m feeling that too! Like tragic F was saying in her post, someone I used to drink with is coming to visit tomorrow, and I’m nervous. So I’m going to keep my new self close to these threads! I like what I see. I’m making a decision to get through this sober. It’s less than 24 hours with an old friend and I feel antsy because it’s a test. I don’t have to be all cocky and confident at 5 weeks, right? I’m going to make a plan and maybe go on over to the ‘What’s your plan?’ Thread and talk too.

I’ve been very isolated lately during my first 5 weeks so that is a factor. So glad to have a safe place to get better all around. I know I’ll learn and grow here. Is it ok to take 2 baths in one day? Might as well if I’m posting twice! :wink: When it’s cold and gloomy, and I’m feeling off I love a hot bath. I got out for a short hike in the woods. I’ll try a little calming now.

Thank you, I appreciate you

21 Likes

2 years 16 days
I am feeling incredibly alone right now. I just got off the phone with an organization that supports kids with cancer. I thought i would try to sign us up with the program so that we as a family can meet other families that are going thru a similar thing. Id love for my son to meet other kiddos going thru tough times too. And here they tell me that we may not be accepted into the program bcuz my sons brain tumor isnt malignant. We were in the hospital for 6 months straight dealing with this diagnosis. He had to undergo years of chemotherapy and multiple surgeries to improve his quality of life. And here they are telling me that we may not be able to get support? This organization does amazing things! Lots of support for the child and the family. And i feel like we were shunned. Im hurting inside. I actually cried over this. Bcuz being a medical parent is HARD. And im struggling to find others who are going thru similar things (doesnt even have to be cancer related, just in having a kiddo with complex needs). Im hurting and grieving over the things that could have been for my son. I feel alone. I feel tired. I feel like this medical journey has isolated me and my family. I know i have medical ptsd bcuz of everything my son went thru (as im sure he does too).

I went on facebook this afternoon and tried to join a few support groups for parents who have a child with a brain tumor. Just waiting to see if i get accepted. I have recently been trying to get more involved with a group for moms who have a child with cancer. Its a support group for moms and they have this weekend get away in april thats just for the moms and id love to go but i cant bcuz my son needs me. Im really feeling down right now :cry:

29 Likes

Check in as many times as u like :slight_smile: theres no set limit. I just posted my 2nd check in (sometimes i check in 3 or 4 times lol) cuz we all know that the day can change in an instant lol i also am a huge fan of hot baths and showers. I have at least 1 a day, sometimes 2. Its a self care thing. Im glad ur staying strong and close to the threads. They do help!

6 Likes

Good luck to you. You can do this. :+1:t3:

5 Likes

I’m so sorry. I can’t imagine how isolating that can feel. I hope these Facebook groups accept you and you can find some families that relate. I can’t relate exactly but I am always here if you need a friend. My heart hurt reading your post :heart_hands::heart_hands::heart_hands:

6 Likes

Oh Hun. There should definitely be some group you can join with everything that you have gone thru. I hope you find it, keep fighting :heart:

7 Likes

Yes!… stay close to these threads, there is always someone around to bounce your thoughts off of. We get lucky having all time zones on here… no matter the time of day it’s comforting knowing theres someone available.

8 Likes