Checking in daily to maintain focus #64

Day 277 second check in

Thanks for the different ideas re non alcoholic beers.

Trying to avoid pop drinks as I don’t like them

Trying some teas and ginger cordials with ice.

Weather is constantly a surprise. Sunshine then hail today

20 Likes

Checking in day 86 AF :blush:

18 Likes

Jim, I like that. Not even wanting to go into the pub. That way lies pain. Nothing good for me over there! I can hear the joy in your words. Thank you :people_hugging:

6 Likes

Thank you everyone for being here, not far off completing 3 days. This is where I kept falling down when trying to do it alone without a real plan. Still not sure I have a real plan, but am checking in here which is progress.

18 Likes

Thank you. I look forward to feeling that way. One of my danger zones is the grocery store, and the first time I went I was scared beforehand. Then when I got in there, the store was crowded, I glanced at the displays, and the alcohol bottles could have been baby formula or canned corn — they did not register as being relevant to me, so I went very quickly past. It will get better. Thanks for sharing- a lot to look forward to up ahead!

4 Likes

It’s always good to see you Jenny. Glad you’re here. You read this one? If not it might be helpful :people_hugging::heart::people_hugging:

If you did maybe read again :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

@DresdenLaPage happy birthday Josh!
That was some good reading, thanks, I needed that laugh :slight_smile: Enjoy your day
Ps: you share bday date with Quentin Tarantino, Spanish Paella Day and Manatee Appreciation Day!

5 Likes

I use it constantly. I hope it works for you. If you get confused, or it just isn’t working, reach out to me again and i will do my best to guide you. Drug free is worth the wait

2 Likes

Thank you, I have read it before but definitely need to read it again! :grin: It is good to be back :people_hugging:

5 Likes

I moved into Talking Sober and tend to hog the best recliner. But when I get up to get more coffee, which is often, someone grabs the good chair and I have to sit in a plastic one. Like a noob should :grinning: Glad you’re here. Reading here helps me a lot. And finding the similarities in people’s stories to my story. Motivations has some excellent posts on it too. Take good care - you’ve got this!

8 Likes

2y1m14d
Good afternoon TS fam! I am sooo happy we are home!! Had a bit of a rough sleep last night tho, just with coughing so much. I think im getting rid of a cold too. But i did manage to get more sleep than I had the previous 4 or 5 nights when we were in the hospital. I had a late start to my day. Needed to drink 2 iced lattes to get me going. Managed to get some cleaning done before my sons medical appt. Its beautiful outside, so the windows are open and fresh air is entering our home. Its lovely! Feeling very grateful today :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Hope everyone is doing well on their recpvery journies!

22 Likes

Haha, I like that. At least you are not having to sit on the floor like we had to as kids when we were younger! I saw a lot of similarities in your post earlier about work. I have previously let it get to breaking point and a hospital visit before quitting my job and reassessing. It all worked out for the best for me. It was work this time too that contributed to my relapse, although this time it was the stress of a promotion I desperately wanted. I prioritised that over everything which was a mistake. I would also love to be a park ranger, not sure what the UK equivalent would be!

7 Likes

Wow what a beautiful place and picture.

4 Likes

Yes Jenny, I waited way too long to leave. Because work was most important. Learned a painful lesson. I got the promotion I thought I wanted. It went ok for a few years. But when things went south, I dug in instead of leaving. It was right for a time, but the time passed and I needed to grow. Now, who knows?

I want to be a tour guide kind of park ranger, rambling about flora and fauna and making up stories. With the flat-brimmed hat and the off-road vehicle. Living in that brick house at the park :grinning:

Nice to meet you

5 Likes

Stay strong JennH…you can do it. It does get easier.

4 Likes

Checking in 29 days. My Sober ap tells me my 1 month is today. I thought 30 days was a month but none the less I am celebrating Sobriety. New sponsor is challenging as she gives out assignments with 10-15 lessons… I feel like I am back at school. Review is full details of homework. I accomplished and completed the first assignment and received another… Sponsor has been sober 43 years. Who am I to discourage lesson plans. I want to be sober 43 years…although I would be 104…You never know.

20 Likes

Tailee, I think you get a bonus because February had 29 days instead of 30. Regardless, congratulations on one month!!! :partying_face:

3 Likes

Thank you for clarification… Aren’t you on the ball…

:grinning:

2 Likes

Checking in on day 90! Feeling good and thankful for this community that always helps me out, every single day.

28 Likes

Checking in on day 184. Went to my home group today, got my 6 month coin. I’m amazed !:wink: Before that I got my work out in. So today was a good day! Thanks to all of you fine folks, that I can come to when not at meeting! I truly appreciate it. Hope you all had a good day!

22 Likes