Checking in daily to maintain focus #64

Day 79 AF
197 cocaine Free
Cigarette free

Hey all, Happy Wednesday. Early morning check in. Feeling ok. Keeping it Simple. Feeling grateful for today and the positive possibilities that lay in store when I maintain my soberity and continue to do the next right thing.

Love and blessings to you all. Happy 24. :purple_heart::pray:t5:

22 Likes

Happy Birthday Josh :balloon:. Wonderful read. Keep at it your doing great!

3 Likes

@JennyH welcome back Jenny. Youā€™re doing so well jumping back into recovery after slipping. :heart:

Day 438.

The job search isnā€™t going so well and Iā€™m trying really really hard not to let it get me down. If things donā€™t turn around, I might need to switch gears and think of something else to do with my life. I do plan to go back to uni in the fall, I have an idea on the type of degree I wanna go for. Might try getting into something more lucrative like translation/interpretation or even look at teaching English. A degree would make those career options within reach.

My current situation isnā€™t sustainableā€¦ so yeah. But like everything else in sobrietyā€¦ one fucking day at time. Right now, Iā€™m grateful to be fed, warm, and have a nice memory foam pillow to put my sober head on each night. Itā€™s not much and Iā€™m basically broke, but itā€™s enough.

19 Likes

Good morning friends, day 17. At the of the office nice and early to keep the economy runningā€¦ Work should be about as busy as I let it be.
Have an awesome day! I am going to do mine sober!

18 Likes

Good to see you posting, Jenny, and happy some good things are going on for you. Please do read here when you need to. I definitely get a lot out of reading and do it more often than post lately, similar reasons. :heartpulse:

7 Likes

I have several family members who went that route, training and working in interpreting/translating as a fall back when their careers had to shift and itā€™s been very lucrative for them. My cousin also taught English in Japan and India before the interpreting work. Itā€™s worth a shot and always something to lean on even if you donā€™t switch careers. Good luck on the search for now!

7 Likes

Day 82 AF

Well the boys lost 3 straight to lose series 3-2 after going up 2-0 to start. Very disappointing. The highest scoring offence in the league couldnā€™t get a goal. We scored 2 goals in 3 games all by my sonā€™s Defence partner. Not a goal from a forward wonā€™t do it at this stage. Three late midnight nights in a row, Sat. Sun. Monā€¦ was tired.

Slept 11 hours last nightā€¦ that said my sleep has been spot on the past week or more. Battery levels are bouncing up to 99% last night. All my tracking has been in a solid sleeping scenario and getting rested well.

Today will be a good gym day hitting weights as well as hopefully some boring cardio. Raining hard since yesterday through to Saturday so, gym gym and more gymā€¦as I attribute that to this amazing sleep Iā€™m getting, oh as well as sobriety.

Hope you are all doing well in your sobriety journey as well TS family :pray::heart::peace_symbol:

20 Likes

Checking in on day 7. :hibiscus:

16 Likes

49 days sober - Iā€™m researching for a new job and Iā€™m really anxious Iā€™m not going to get it because of my lack of experience. It sounds like the perfect job for me and academically Iā€™m qualified but I know Iā€™ll be disappointed if I donā€™t get it.

The application needs to be submitted by Monday so will be working on it for the next couple days and see if I get picked for an interview at least.

Fingers crossed - it would be the best job for me.

20 Likes

Day 3 feeling better today and i slept great last night my body didnt hurt and ache like it has been. I am so grateful that i have found some new friends that are willing to help me in recovery. I only pray that each day gets better

19 Likes

Day 26

Feeling more human this morning. Maybe Iā€™ll become an alien again, so it will help to have had this experience. :slight_smile:

Ya know I want to fast forward to Day 555, but itā€™s ODAAT. I have no idea whatā€™s going to happen with me, and for once let me stop worrying and trust that Iā€™m on the right path. A little mystery is good for us. I need a clear mind and body. Thatā€™s my goal now. Everything else is taken care of, so I can let go and focus on that. I have a home and everything I need for a while.

Sobriety and health didnā€™t always come first. It was my job that always came first. So the other two went away. I learned we canā€™t get by with that. Guess it seemed like I did. Until I was too sick to continue.

I didnā€™t go to the doctor until after I resigned. Not sleeping, constantly worried, eating poorly, binge drinking, vaping. My heart pounded day and night. I was just done. I quit vaping first, right after I got my physical back. Now Iā€™m eating well, exercising and nearly 4 weeks off booze. Takes time. I have always had good bloods and heart tests. Till I didnā€™t this year. Itā€™s a blessing, really. I mean, what if I dropped dead at the staff meeting? That would be a shameā€¦:wink: Seriously, I knew in my heart that something was really wrong. Drinking and the whole culture around it was going to end me. It kills. Now I get to live and repair it. And go back to work healthy and sober. A drink is not worth your life.

Thanks for listening. I didnā€™t realize I was going to write a long post. :grinning: I need to stock the house before the Easter shoppers get there. Too late! And then the eclipse is coming so you wonā€™t be able to navigate the traffic. Itā€™s coming right by here.

Have a great sober day my friends

24 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1382. I hope everybody has a good one!

24 Likes

Hey Marie,

Similar thing here, I resigned due to being broken in every respect apart from work going well. Iā€™m fixing myself now before I reenter the work force again. My counselling starts 11th April, Iā€™m on new antidepressants and started a new walking regime. 90 days sober again for me today (had over a year previously). Iā€™m eating fairly well and with intention and trying to be kind to myself and practice sobriety every day.

Keep going. You are doing so well :+1:t2:

18 Likes

Day 133. Rode my bike to work and of course its pooring out now and i forgot my cover for the bike. Idk all is well, one on one at 530. Not much to say take care

27 Likes

Checking in day 87 :black_heart:

I hope yall have a wonderful sober day xo

25 Likes

Thank you TragicF for sharing that. Sorry it happened to you too. Iā€™m here if you ever need a chat. Itā€™s kinda disorienting right now.

Hard to see it right now, but itā€™s probably going to work out for the best. I may leave the field permanently and become a park ranger! Who knows, I love the outdoors and really want to wear that hat to work every day :grinning:

Seems like you have a great plan and congratulations on your 90 days! Sober and strong

10 Likes

Checking in day 44

Going to get in a good sweat. Hope it loosens my achy joints. Have a blessed day everyone.

21 Likes

Glad you made it back Jenny :blush::heart:

5 Likes

Hey Jen, nice to see you here again :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Just checking in. 259 days of freedom! Happy Wednesday, all!

19 Likes