Checking in daily to maintain focus #64

Sleepy evening of day
329 no alcohol
260 no vapes or ciggs
131no thc

Today was my day off. Woke up at 8:30am to errends. Got bsck at 2pm and fell asleep till 4 then laid in bed till now 7:30pm. I was up and down a little in between those hours but very lazy late afternoon into early evening today. Im over 10hours no nicotine loszenges which means 0mg of nicotine entering my system. Ive been tired all day and a bit grumpy but ive been biting my toung because i know its just the nicotine withdraw

Thats all for now
More later

19 Likes

Day 45 AF
Day 45 of working out
I’m down 15lbs since I quit drinking. Feeling pretty happy about that. :grin:

26 Likes

Congratulations on your 45 days!! 🫶🏻

6 Likes

Thank youuuu :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Borrowing this prayer @tailee17

4 Likes

Checking in day 52
Had the first day of two for a golf tournament. It was super windy but pretty. I have 2 strokes to make up tomorrow. Enjoyed a nice visit with my son. He told me how proud he is me…. I told him about ths site and how much it is helping.

Tomorrow is a new day, have a good night friends (maybe morning for some of you). :blush:

20 Likes

3am
I can’t sleep, I had a proper routine going on before I relapsed weeks back.
15 Days sober but it’s like I switched that part of my brain on that was used to be up all night.
It could be other stuff as well but yh totally recked my sleep routine. Bit of effort and exercising to tire myself out and hopefully my body will slip back into it’s sober self over the next few weeks.
I’m really relaxed and kind of enjoying it relaxed, cosy, listening to a podcast while it’s so quite and peaceful but know it won’t help me during the day il be a snail :snail: :joy: haha

:sunflower:

18 Likes

Checking in on day 97. Feeling strong, love to see the community on here. Helps a lot.

17 Likes

Work was brutal. There was a funeral for a very well known man in our city. My dad grew up with him, he was my elementary school principal, a member at the club, and did so much for our community. He had pancreatic cancer for a lot longer than most do. It was rough seeing him in that state for so long. After 2 failed rounds of chemo, he decided to stop treatment and move to Florida to enjoy the time he had left. I was told he did, so that’s nice. Anyway, huge turnout. I was almost as exhausted as I was after Easter. My coworker who was sick before me said she’s been more fatigued than normal ever since. Maybe it’s residual healing from the sickness. Hopefully tomorrow is easier bc I still have a lot to do after work. Better rest up now :sleeping: Enjoy the journey :pray:

20 Likes

I’m here, I’m alive, I’m sober and I’m happy.
Day 37

We’re expecting a new Blizzard today.
It’s supposed to start snowing within an hour.

Husband is going for his x-ray around lunchtime.
There’s 1,5 hours one way drive to the hospital.
Our city council is working to change that so we will be able to go to the closest hospital in the future. Which will be around 40 min one way drive instead.
But we’re not there yet.

Still haven’t gotten an appointment for my 14 y/o either. It’s crazy.

Enough politics for today.
As usual when I sober up I have this idea that I should re-create myself. Finally be the person I want to be, and so what I want to do.
It’s been multiple attempts to do so, but this time I think I actually know where I’m heading.
Without any second thoughts, and without a care in the world about other peoples opinions, especially my mother’s.

It’s freeing,and peaceful over here. I enjoy it.

Wishing you all a wonderful Thursday. :heart:

21 Likes

Thank you.
Adhd meds can do so much, our oldest (she’s 21 now) become like a whole new girl when we eventually found the right meds for hr in her teens.
She did stop taking them for a while when she turned 18, but now she’s back at it again.

It’s always nice to see when your kids are feeling better, and doing better.
Your Mother in law sounds like a lot.
I know my Ma is a lot to me, can only imagine how my husband feels :laughing:
One of my fav. Tips when things is hard is to pretend that I’m the main character in a movie or tv series, and that this is the dramatic turn. It’s going to be hard before it gets better, but since it’s only acting I’m not wearing myself out emotionally for real doing it.

Wishing you the best of luck with everything.

10 Likes

Thats awesome congratulations. Great consistency

5 Likes

Day 285. Busy day ahead.
Work is OK at the moment

Weather tho is horrible. Very cold. Feels more like winter than spring. But it will improve at some stage :slight_smile: I am working 7.30-3.30pm today

21 Likes

Checking in on day 13. Feeling good and bad. Feeling good because im getting better sleep and mood is okay but not doing so good as in the cravings I have. Im keeping busy on my day off though

22 Likes

It’s interesting how on some days most people on this thread feel bad, and on other days they feel mostly good. While today (or last night) seems to be an overall inbetween one. Goes for me too this morning. I slept OK, but woke up with sinusitis above my eyes. Sitting up and tylenol helps a bit. Another rainy day so have to plan some indoor activities. Homework for writing class tonight I did yesterday. I could edit it ad infinitum but I think it’s OK for now.

I’ll keep you all posted on what I’m busy with. It won’t be smoking or drinking or anything like that. Never again. Have as good a day as you can all. Sober and clean. Love.

@acromouse Hoping for some better weather for you soon. Enjoy the Veluwe.

32 Likes

21 days, 3 weeks today! I’m reading a booked called “Atomic Habits” which has been recommended by multiple people. It’s kinda interesting though not the best book I’ve read BUT it has some unexpected things to say about addiction. Many of us know that addiction is somewhat situational - I.e. if you used to drink in a specific bar with certain friends, avoiding that environment makes breaking a drinking habit easier. What I hadn’t realised is just how much those environmental triggers matter. I thought it was maybe 10% but it’s more like 50% of the battle (actually, 90% in some cases if the author is correct).

I’d been seeing my battle this past year in part as breaking one bad habit at a time by just doing the thing multiple times. Good example would be alcohol and flying - I spent 20 years associating getting on a plane with getting drunk - but this last 2-3 years have eliminated that habit successfully to the point where it is not triggering at all. Lunch with a client was always an excuse to order wine (expensive wine) at lunchtime to get started. Now I feel the opposite - I have a client I need to see who loves a drink at lunch and I’m going to have to navigate that so I haven’t booked it in yet.

This doesn’t mean that I can let my guard down, but what it does mean is that in a lot of situations that I unconsciously associated with alcohol, that is no longer the case and I would have to consciously choose to order it rather than being triggered into thinking about it by the situation.

Have a great day all (and yes it is cold, windy and rainy here in London still. One day spring will come)

24 Likes

134 sugar
32 UPF
5 gluten
5 dairy
5 overeating/binge

I’ll be on a trip for the next three days. Only short checkins then. Slept well. Waiting for train. Soon to be in Arnhem.

16 Likes

Really interesting, thanks for sharing. I have had that book recommended to me a couple of times and sounds like now would be a good time to read it!

5 Likes

Morning all, checking in on Day 11. I have nothing to say which is quite nice :grin: My husband is off work and I am feeling a little better so hoping for a nice day.

Hoping you all have a good day too!

19 Likes

*Day 2024 :walking_woman:
Worked in another store yesterday more up north in my country. The needed help for getting 10(!) containers of new stock on the shelfs.
We started at 8.30 and had it fixed by 2 o’clock with 4 people, worked hard :facepunch:
Today? Having the day off so doing some chores around the house. Rainy day here so planning around the rain showers :hugs:

Wikkel has a day off too :upside_down_face: She crushed on the couch, my own orange couch potato.

This thread has become very active and it’s hard to catch up with everybody. But just wanna say it’s good to read you all! We all heading for the same direction: a sober life
All here to add another 24 houres to it.
So let’s do just that.

26 Likes