Checking in daily to maintain focus #64

@Juli1 congrats on 65 days, Julia!

@dzmm congrats on day 27! You’re right it does get better. Wish you the best on this journey! :muscle:t4::metal:t4::fist_right::fist_left:

Checking in on day 106! Not a whole lot going on today. I’m blessed, I’m sober and I’m happy! Hope everyone has a great day! #ODAAT :heart:

17 Likes

Cheers Kenny. :heart:

4 Likes

Checking in day 94 AF :blush:

13 Likes

Hi trying to connect to checking in daily thread, bet I’m doing it wrong… Anyhoo, tomorrow will be 5 days for me. In the spirit of over-sharing, has anyone else found their body odour went through the roof in the early stages of detox?. Mine has! So that’s nice…

17 Likes

Thanks you aswell

3 Likes

I dont think your doing it wrong at all day . that’s awesome keep it up.

4 Likes

Thanks Chase

2 Likes

Thanks homie, I hope you’re having a good day too :smiley:

Yeah for sure! My sponsor and I will go through the resentments soon once I reach step 4 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Congrats on 94 days! :metal:t4::fist_right::fist_left:

6 Likes

@k_s Thank you Kenny! Glad that you son is feeling better. Hang in there friend – I know living situations can test us at times. Hopefully you can find a space for yourself to relax and unwind at home.
@button83 great work friend – good to see you checking in at 45 days and a healthier happier you :hugs:

Absolutely love everything about this remark. Good for you Sophia. Grateful that you are finding and and re-creating yourself to fit with what you need and who you are :hugs:
@james83 way to go with your 3 weeks of sobriety James! Situational addiction makes so much sense and grateful that you are seeing it and addressing it – re-wiring your brain so those situations are no longer linked to drinking.
@acromouse Have a wonderful and safe trip. Hopefully some pictures on the travelling thread to follow :wink:
@chevy55 WOOT WOOT can’t celebrate enough – 3 months is amazing Nick. Glad to see you thriving in your new healthy lifestyle. The muscle growth could also attribute to weight not showing reduction – you are looking good and feeling good and that is key. Keep doing what you are doing friend. Another beautiful picture :heart:
@mischa84 WOW – I love that you are seeing the results of your hard work in your body. Glad you will have some alone time – I hope it is peaceful and joyous. :hugs:
@jasty2 just remember to breathe friend. I know how stressful it can all be (especially with a deadline). Hoping you get some dry sunny days so you cn enjoy a bike ride or two :wink:
@cleanheart How are you doing? 39 days is impressive my friend. I know the hotel got you last time too. Are you able to go for a walk? Do something to occupy your mind so that you can be distracted from these thoughts / feelings? Read more on here perhaps? Sending you strength :muscle:
@john_connor1337 Double digits! Woot Woot :tada: :tada: Totally not worth thinking about your ex – total ass he was. Glad that you are able to see it and not focus on him. You are finding yourself in sobriety and going to be living a healthier and happier life and you will find someone who fits with you and compliments you. Who knows if this guy is actually happy. Don’t give him a second of your time – he’s taken enough. Now its time for you to shine!

12 Likes

I feel you, yeah that’s probably just your body sweating out your drug of choice. I remember the first few days of being off of cocaine, even though I used the neti pot thoroughly after my last time using blow and gargled water and brushed my teeth and whatnot, I still kept noticing that food and cigarettes (quitting cigarettes soon, after it’s been a while off cocaine btw) had a bit of a ‘cocaine taste’. I remember kinda thinking “why does my cigarette have a faint taste of cocaine” lol. It’ll pass though and you’ll be okay :slight_smile:

Congrats on 5 days btw!!! That’s huge!!! The first few days are the worst, but it gets easier :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks homie I appreciate it :smiley:

Yeah fuck going back with my ex tbh. I’m looking forward to the future :slight_smile: My life finally isn’t on pause anymore now that this coke problem is finally getting solved over time!!

Once it’s been enough time off of cocaine, I can finally focus on other issues in my life which will be good!!! My coke addiction took like all my time and energy and focus to work through it, but it’s finally starting to go away :smile_cat:

Like for real, this 10 days is the longest I’ve been sober from blow for like a couple months!!! :DDD

5 Likes

Thanks Eric. I quit cigarettes couple of years ago, every time I had one I would say out loud how disgusting it was, I got some funny looks but it worked in the end. Also not being able to smoke just about anywhere in the UK helps of course.

3 Likes

Checking in on day 522 AF.

A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed hopeless failure may turn to glorious success (Elbert Hubbard)

12 Likes

Day 52

Got beat up by the wind today. Got 2nd in my golf tournament …. My husband says “2nd is first loser”. Maybe next time. I am feeling pretty good despite the pollen here in the south. Much love to my sober friends.

17 Likes

Hi all, checking in with 11 days now. Been busy today and trying to catch up. I am now in clean pjs, with freshly washed and line dried covers and my lovely candle. Had a few cravings an hour or so ago but so content here they have gone. I keep washing my bedding for this feeling :rofl:

Some amazing progress being made here, well done everyone :clap:

13 Likes

Day 446.

Today I thought about drinking for the first time in a while. It was a fleeting thought I immediately dismissed, but it was there. Right now, I’m stressed, anxious, on edge, and got a lot of shit on my plate. This morning, another stressful thing got added to my juggle list and it gave me a mini-panic attack. That’s when the idea to check out of my responsibilities with alcohol hit.

So… here I am. Checking in sober. There’s no problem drinking won’t make worse. And thinking about wine doesn’t mean I have to act on it. It means I need to stay mindful and vigilent and protect my sobriety at all costs. I didn’t come this far to only go this far.

18 Likes

Sending lots of love and energy your way. I know how it feels to be stuck and everything is an effort. I hope this passes for you soon and you see all of your energy and life return.
Lots of love :heart:

4 Likes

Double digits hell yeah! I think I’d be drinking again if I didn’t have this app and this daily check in thread lol. It has helped alot.

Checking in day 18 today! Finding consistent moods, great sleep thanks to these natural pills, less thoughts about drinking and more energy and positive attitudes each day.

11 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies. Continue discussion at Checking in daily to maintain focus #64 (Part 36).