Checking in daily to maintain focus #65

Continuing the discussion from Checking in daily to maintain focus #64 - #2582 by Whereswaldo.

Previous discussions:

2 Likes

That’s why we’re here Amy. Together. Sober and clean. One day at a time and all that. Love you and forever grateful to you all.

11 Likes

@billy85 Hey Billy – so good to see you checking in and way to go with your 26 months of sobriety! :muscle: life can be challenging at times – glad that you are staying positive and finding a healthy way to deal with it – ODAAT :muscle:
@goku2019 Way to go friend – 900+ days and stacking em up like a champ! Looking forward to celebrating your 1k with you soon :muscle: :tada: :clap:
@twizzlers WOW what a difference in price. That is exciting for sure. :smile:
@juli1 Fuck that guy! What a utter asshole he’s being. I do hope you take up your friends offer to help and I am hoping the legal advice helps you gain a foundation. Hope you enjoy the swim Jules :hugs: :heart:
@suechu welcome to the community Susan and great work on your 5 days of sobriety. You are absolutely doing it right … keep coming back and as often as it suits you. I enjoy reading everyone’s check in’s as well as posting my own in order to stay accountable.

This is impressive and I can hear your excitement and pride over your accomplishment – keep up the amazing efforts. Solid plan you have as well. I see you doing amazing work on your sober journey. :hugs:

WOW i love how active this thread has become. Its harder to stay on top of things but i’m trying :laughing:
It has been a day for sure. I tried Tai Chi today (thinking it would be nice slow movements) well it stretched me wrong and now i’m in more pain. I know i will get past this. Made an appointment with my doctor for next week and reached out for other appointments / treatments. I did not get done with my accounting duties so am going to buckle down now and get that done.
My sister is coming to visit this weekend which will be nice - haven’t seen her in 6 weeks or so. Also found out that we will get 98% visibility of the eclipse on Monday so looking forward to that.
Hope you are all having a wonderful addiction free day - sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

25 Likes

Checking in again on Day 34 because there is a fresh new thread :heart:. All is well, I’m getting a lot done. Summery weather. :ballot_box_with_check: :white_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark:

18 Likes

IMG_4135

And after 2500 posts we start a new one.
So here ya go.
Congrats on your 5 days Susan.
Glad you found us.
:pray:t2::heart:

13 Likes

2y1m22d
Im so beyond tired of being tired. I cant seem to get over this and its really starting to effect me mentally. I forced myself to get dressed. Then forced myself to vacuum and do dishes. Now im having an iced latte to see if that helps give me some energy. I dont really even have the energy to check in but i thought i should. I had a horrible using dream last night too so i probably didnt sleep well. I might have to stop myself from laying down during the day and do my best to be productive so that i keep my momentum up. Ill keep at it and ill get out of this funk eventually. Hope everyone is doing well :heart:

30 Likes

@Amy30
I’m sorry to hear you’re having such a rough go lately Amy, and of course that treacherous little bugger, addiction, is always right there to try and take advantage of us when we are low… what a great friend eh??

Happy to hear you are pushing aside and working through it, but I still hope that brighter days are lying just around the corner for you. I know they are…

Best wishes
:pray::heart::peace_symbol:

9 Likes

@MikeA welcome :blush: congrats on 86 days :tada:
@Twizzlers thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: that means a lot 🩵
@JazzyS thank you :blush: yes, I am being pleasantly surprised by this other doctor I seem to keep getting appointments with at the minute. I’m so glad you’ve got an appointment scheduled with your surgeon next week, I do hope you have a positive outcome and some pain relief options too​:crossed_fingers:t2:🩵
@beachmouse congrats on 2 weeks :tada:
@K_S thank you :blush: I’m glad your boy is doing better 🩵
@james83 congrats on 3 weeks :tada:
@Chevy55 congrats on 90 days :tada:
@john_connor1337 congrats on double digits :tada:
@Billy85 congrats on 14 months :tada:
@GOKU2019 congrats on 900+ days :tada:

8 Likes

@suechu welcome :blush: congrats on your days so far :tada:
@Rookie congrats on 2nd place :clap:t2: :2nd_place_medal:
@Amy30 I’m sorry for your many stressors and the panic attack :people_hugging: sending strength 🩵
@Butterflymoonwoman sending you some energy :battery: :people_hugging:

1333 days no alcohol.
798 days no cocaine.
313 days no vape.
0 days no binge-eating.

I mde it until both local shops had closed, but my addict found a way to still get crisps, by ordering from a grocery store on the delivery app. So I binged late last night, early this morning, and at lunchtime. I’m determined for that to be the end of this ED relapse now.

Other than the ED chaos. I read one chapter of the new book I’m reading, meditated, played Pokémon for the first time in 5 days (I rarely miss any more than 2 days in a row), and now I’ve caught up here.

Tomorrow is a brand new day.

🩵

23 Likes

Checking in today :slight_smile:
663 days sober
4 days cocaine and weed free
It’s been a while
I see twizzle had named me in you are missed. Thank you :heart:
I’ve been through a rough spell of addiction. I’m sad about that but I’m glad I didn’t pick up a drink during the madness.
I want to stop now. My daughter is coming to stay soon for a few weeks to help me. I’m thankful for that x
I reached out to my sister today. I’ve not told her what’s gone on, just that I’ve been in a bad place. She’s making me dinner on Sunday, a classic roast mmmmm, and I’m really looking forward to it. I haven’t been eating much and have lost a lot of weight. I actually look terrible. She has a box of family photos we’re gonna look through. It will be a nice day. I’m glad I reached out. Stronger together. And I’m reaching out here again if that’s ok? If I can get through the weekend i think I’ll be okay.
It’s good to be back :heart:
Thanks

29 Likes

Thanks so much for checking how I am doing. I only have one more night in the hotel. I am out to eat dinner right now. Will video chat my wife when I get home. after work tomorrow then it is time to head home. I am glad to be doing alright although temptations are up. I revamped blockers on my phone I feel are the only things stopping me right now… but hey I am sober. Trying to think good thoughts.

6 Likes

Welcome back! Glad to see you reaching out.

5 Likes

Glad you’re here. Welcome back!

6 Likes

So glad to see you back :hugs::hugs:
I’m happy to hear your sister is going to spend time with you too. Really good see you check in :star:

5 Likes

glad to hear that you are doing well friend. you are doing all the right things and remember we are here if you need us… you don’t have to be alone fighting your urges. I find the “just for fun” threads really help me stay distracted and also provide a laugh. Keep up with your good thoughts :hugs:

4 Likes

I have spent soooooo much time lurking on the memes thread this week. Gives me a quick laugh and it is enjoyable.

5 Likes

Hi all! Checking in. 87 days AF.
Life’s a bitch, but taking it ODAAT.
Take care all!!!

19 Likes

I ordered some nice pale -ish bluey/green outdoor wood paint for the catio.
I need a few tools - most I have but some stuff I will need.
This is my project :cowboy_hat_face: to keep me busy and in the next few weeks and ready for summer it will be all nice out there for the kitties.
Add a few big established plants and all done.

It’s all I can think about now I know the wood will be here Saturday. I need to get the other bits in order.

:sunflower:

21 Likes

@AyBee loves fun numbers.

34 Likes

fNDMd3cfmqre0

12 Likes