Checking in daily to maintain focus #64

Day 259. Late check in for me. Will not leave it so late again.

Relaxing day
Watched the first lord of the rings again. Great film

20 Likes

Thank you,my brother came for a surprise visit with his family.
My husband and sister in law had planned all week and I didnā€™t even suspect anything.

So I mostly spent my day with my niece and nephew. I can honestly say that I was just as happy when they left as I was when they arrived.

Iā€™m to old for toddlers, they have so much energy :laughing:

Hope your day was good too.

8 Likes

Yeah you ever want to be social but dont play well with others? Thats me today

10 Likes

Happy birthday!!! :partying_face:

4 Likes

Me too! Middle half of the day today. Turns out I was hangry. It happens. I hope tomorrow is better for you!

4 Likes

Unfortunately too often. Hopefully it passes soon.

4 Likes

Today has been a mixed bag but mostly good, if Iā€™m being honest. Sometimes a period of upset emotions takes the forefront of my thinking and spoils the whole day, but Iā€™ve done well to feel the feelings and move on. Boy oh boy, when I was drinking heavily that was not the case at all - not only would I be triggered into anger/irritation/bitchiness/meanness by the smallest thing but it would always derail me completely for the rest of the day. Iā€™m grateful to be learning (always learning) about managing my emotions and being curious about where theyā€™re stemming from. I am also grateful to be at a place where my husband no longer has to feel like he is walking on eggshells in his own home. I remember when he used that expression with me and it was like a punch to the gut. Itā€™s such an accurate analogy and it hurt to hear, but of course it was true. No more.

I finally got a full nightā€™s restful sleep last night! I needed that so badly. Iā€™ve jumped head first into organizing my dressing room/closet after making half assed attempts that end up getting piled on again and Iā€™m making good progress. Still plenty to do but itā€™s feeling better. Iā€™ll be switching gears and cooking dinner in a bit but have laundry to fold first. Iā€™m back to being able to take a meditative approach to chores like folding laundry, ironing (which I have to do for the first time in 7+ years now that Iā€™m working) and washing dishes. Though sometimes itā€™s fun to put on a podcast or some tunes. I feel like Iā€™m wrapping my brain around my new life situation and am more and more settled in a new routine (when migraines donā€™t disrupt it). Itā€™s starting to feel natural and thatā€™s a good thing. It hasnā€™t even been a month at this job so Iā€™m sure with more time Iā€™ll feel even better about things.

Sending best wishes to you out there!

26 Likes

Oooh, happy to hear of the good sleep. I think half the worldā€™s issues would be solved if we all collectively slept well at night.
Best of luck on that closet/dressing room.

8 Likes

Youā€™re absolutely right, Iā€™m sure of it. People would be a helluva lot healthier and happier, too, though itā€™s, of course, not that simple. I wish it was!

3 Likes

You ainā€™t lyinā€™. Thatā€™s for sure. But we can wishā€¦ someday maybe theyā€™ll figure it all out.
My wife is asleep when her head hits the pillow. Sleeps like an angel. Not a worry in the world. She has me for thatā€¦ haha

4 Likes

Same in my house with my husband. More than one night envy keeps me up in addition to worrying!

3 Likes

Checking in on day 497 AF.

Hope you all have a great sober weekend.

17 Likes

@just_laura Oh no ā€“ hope the cat is ok. The nap sounds exhausting :astonished: haunted couch does explain it ā€“ hope you were able to get some decent rest after your chaotic shift. Glad to read update that cat is ok :wink:
@juli1 Hope the meditation helped :pray: Sending you calming vibes my friend :heart:
@acromouse Glad that the check in daily practice has been helping you ā€“ so sorry that you woke up feeling depressed. Hoping the day turned around for you friend and that you did get to finish the day with your anime series
@miindofsobermike So grateful it is not Covid Mike ā€“ hope you get some days off soon to rest and recoup
@jasty2 hope you are enjoying some of your time off as well Joe ā€“ glad you are getting some work done. Any luck with house hunting?
@finallytime Way to go with 50 days! Keep that momentum going strong :muscle:
@trustybird When that happens to me ā€“ I gotta remind myself that at least I didnā€™t miss it due to being too drunk or hungover. Hopefully you wonā€™t beat yourself up over the missed obligation. :hugs:
@tifflynn07 way to get to that ab challenge. I usually have a hard time getting physical activity done on a lazy day ā€“ Kudos! :muscle:
@catmancam Thanks friend ā€“ I do need that reminder. Big hugs my friend ā€“ Iā€™m sure today was super draining for you too. Give yourself a lot of love and compassion today. :people_hugging:

Checking in on Saturday night
444 days free of alcohol and weed
859 days free of cigarettes
Not much to report today - still same symptoms but trying to keep pushing forward. hoping that i am able to sleep without any trouble tonight.
so very grateful that i have not had any cravings or major urges during this time.
Wishing you all a wonderful evening / day - sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

27 Likes

5pm here on a Saturday. It feels great to be sober and tired from nothing other than a very productive day. Cheers everyone! :slight_smile:

15 Likes

I hope youā€™re able to sleep too. Have you been getting any? Or is it broken up because of being uncomfortable.
Howā€™s hunting is a process :grin:. Then if we find something Iā€™ll have to sell this one. :person_shrugging: Process

5 Likes

So because of the spring forward time change tonight, I get an extra hour of sobriety! I think you do too :wink: Unless youā€™ve been sober a while and they owe you an hour. Them. The time people.

17 Likes

Checking in. Another emotionally difficult day. Nothing happened, itā€™s just like sometimes I donā€™t seem to be able to get out if this rollercoaster of feelings and overthinking. I hope it will fade out soon. Otherwise I enjoyed working and being with my kids, I think this is the age I can bond with them the most. I started to focus on eating healthier. I really donā€™t like to cook, I could live on pasta for months, but today I made something else and Iā€™m planning to have a more varied diet.

18 Likes

Thanks friendā€¦on and off with the sleep ( more off and staring at the ceiling). Iā€™m sure Iā€™m due for a long crash :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Aah yes ā€¦I can understand that process and the anxiety that goes with it. Wish you sanity and luck.

4 Likes

Checking in Day 80! I hope everyone had/having a good day. I feel good, another day of not giving up. Another day telling myself no matter what happens today good or bad it is not worth drinkingā€”for the bad, drinking will only make it worse. For the good things that happen in lifeā€” I can now celebrate without alcohol having to be involved. As I get closer to 90 days, I reflect on a time when I couldnā€™t go 12 hours without having a drink, and I say look at me now, maintaining a conscious connection with my HP, continuing reading and learning about the diseases, being active in AA meetings, taking my time with the 12 steps, and being of service. Thatā€™s all I have tonight. Keep on keeping on, everyone. :heart:

22 Likes

This made me lol thanks for your humor @Lighter glad we share this journey

3 Likes