Checking in daily to maintain focus #64

Just wanted to check in. Today I am starting my 361st day clean and sober. So happy, so proud, so Blessed!
So this Thursday will mark my 1 year anniversary of not using methamphetamine. I was a daily user for several years and nearly a year ago I decided enough is enough. I FINALLY wanted that change, to better myself, to stop living in decay mode and move toward growth. I wanted better. I did it!!! It’s extremely hard, but with ODAAT, it IS possible.
I have really been thinking long and hard bout what else I need to do to beome healthier. That would be to drop my other bad habit and give up my cigarettes. Ive smoked since I was 17. I am nearly 39. I believe I’m ready too now. I believe I want to and so I think I’ll share my sobriety anniversary with being TF
Have a great sober Saturday y’all!!!
☆☆☆☆☆

22 Likes

I’ve been thinking about an air fryer for some time now. Especially after friends of mine told me all the kinds of foods they can prepare in it. On the other hand it’s a bulky and expensive machine :thinking:

6 Likes

Congrats on being so close to a year Ashley :tada: I never knew your DOC. Very impressive :clap: Sending you extra strength to kick those cigarettes to the curb too! ODAAT! :heart:

7 Likes

Day 273. Really felt like a beer today which was a horrible feeling. Came home and put the grand tour on to watch cars. Need to regroup I think and read all the mess I caused when I was drinking as a reminder. I have an immense sense of failure. Work,finances, and everything today. Which I know isn’t true, it’s just hard to shake off

19 Likes

Thank you!!! I am Blessed to have the support of you and the others in this community. Yes, ODAAT!!!

6 Likes

5 days is great! Those were the hardest for me. Yes everything will work out. Keep that mindset and avoid the Google :wink:

5 Likes

Day 75 AF
Day 193 cocaine Free
Day 1 ciggarette free

Happy Saturday TS family. Hope you all have a good day!

Strong and Sober 24,:pray:t5::purple_heart:

18 Likes

Really good words of wisdom. Thanks for sharing.

9 Likes

@Will3 congrats on 1400 days :tada:
@Butterflymoonwoman I’m sorry your son is so poorly :people_hugging: sending well wishes for him :sparkles: and strength for you 🩵
@Lainenicole96 welcome back :people_hugging: congrats on day 1 :tada:
@JazzyS thank you :blush: I hope you get some answers asap :crossed_fingers:t2:🩵
@Jasty2 yep, moving is up there with the most stressful life events, wishing you luck with it all :crossed_fingers:t2::four_leaf_clover:
@Steve92 congrats on 60 days weed free :tada:
@Seb congrats on 40 days :tada:
@Zse congrats on all the 1s :tada:
@Chevy55 safe journeys :red_car: enjoy the games :blush:
@Mindofsobermike congrats on the great feedback at work :clap:t2: :star2:

8 Likes

@Deelzebub happy to read you made a connection :grinning:
@Rookie congrats on 40 days :tada:
@CleanHeart feel better soon 🩵
@SobrietyForMe congrats on 2 weeks :tada:

1321 days no alcohol.
786 days no cocaine.
301 days no vape.
46 days no binge-eating.

I woke up early. Read one chapter of the book I’m reading. Meditated. Then managed to declutter the hallway and the entrace to the spare room. Then I broke down all the empty boxes and took them out to the recycling bins. I also managed to hoover the whole flat.

I am planning another early night, then tomorrow I will clean the bathroom and kitchen.

I feel so much better about it now, it is such a relief when I’m actually able to make myself do stuff. This is going to make it so much easier to clean ready for my tenancy inspection on the 9th of April, because it wont be as bad as it is now, by then.

I hope you’re all having wonderful sober weekends. :blush:

🩵

21 Likes

Made it to 2 weeks!! :tada:

Not much to say today as I am utterly exhausted so have been sleeping on and off all day. Gutted to have missed the sunshine and feel guilty for not being productive enough, but my body obviously needs the rest.

Happy weekends all!

25 Likes

Congratulations on your 2 weeks :fireworks::sparkler:

5 Likes

Home alone. Not thinking about drinking. Keeping occupied. I burnt the homemade granola. Damn. Watching England v Brazil and being good! :joy::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::joy:

17 Likes

34 days sober

25 Likes

Checking in day 82 AF :blush:

16 Likes

Congratulations on 1 year!

5 Likes

Congratulations on 2 weeks! :raised_hands: Hoping you get the rest you need and feel fresh tomorrow.

8 Likes

Thanks @noshame. I think the beautiful thing about life is conrinuing to learn, good or bad. If we deny the lesson, i think it just keeps presenting itself to us xo.

Hope work was okay & sending lots of good vibes to the family :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Checking in. Today I just had bad mood with anger and sadness, so just tried to distract myself. I finished my first smoke-free week yesterday, and I feel a lot better physically, I have more energy, I can focus on work, I can think a lot more clear. It’s not easy, but worth it.

22 Likes

It was that way for me, too, this time! Did some damage that will take much longer than a hangover to recover from. I’ve seen enough. So glad to walk with you on this path out of misery!

Have a great weekend. We’ll both be out of this early stage soon. :slight_smile: Ready to start counting the months

8 Likes