Checking in daily to maintain focus #64

Day 58.

Made it to the sea this weekend. I love the sea, and the coast line, and well, any body of water really…lakes, rivers, ponds, a glass of water :ocean::sweat_drops:. I feel a very strong connection to water. I grew up in Cornwall, right next to the sea. And I miss it all the time, so I am super happy to see it when I can. This is a piccie of Bigbury in Devon. We spent the night in Plymouth (also Devon) on the way to pick up my mum, who still lives in Cornwall. It felt good to make the most of the long weekend.

The last two weeks have been crazy. I was sent to the Ivory Coast on a press trip last week. Wow, what an eye- and mind-opening place. So much beauty, long stretches of tropical coast and also thick dense jungle enveloping everything. So glad I got the opportunity, as it’s not somewhere I would have typically considered going on holiday.

Today we will make some good food and take it easy. Happy Easter everyone! X

20 Likes

62 days AF yeahj :cherry_blossom:

Feeling quite good. Had some dangerous thoughts yesterday, not a craving, but thoughts of drinking wine would be okay, as I am doing good. Thoughts that are giving permission to drink, fuck off. Drinking will bring back depression and weakness.

Got a bit back into yoga practice this weekend, paused for like 6 weeks. It was nice. And somehow different. Enjoyed meeting myself.

Looking forward to a swim tonight after pausing 3 days as I was at our house far out there lol. Sleeping good there always. Enjoying socializing with mom and had lot of fun with 11yo niece. She is just crazy. I drove her back home in the evening and she was singing and dancing (seated and fastened seatbell of course lol) her heart out in my car for 20 minutes. Hugs always included. Sweetest girl :cherry_blossom::purple_heart:

Tomorrow the study / education goes on :woman_technologist:t2::nerd_face:

Love you guys!

23 Likes

Hopefully it lifts today for you Marie. If not perhaps a self care indulgence day. Read, hot drinks, blanket, or some tube… whatever it is, just focus on you and your healing :mending_heart:

3 Likes

Well, it’s a beautiful Day 87 AF

Lots of options for the day, but none of which will happen unless I get out of this comfy chair, with a beauty view and begin.

Wishing everyone of our TS family a fantastic sober day!
:pray::heart::peace_symbol:

22 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1387. I hope everybody has a good one!

23 Likes

Me 4, day 8.

19 Likes

One week sober from daily cocaine use yessir!!! :saluting_face::smile:

Feeling good today!!! I haven’t truly hit one week sober for a long while until now!!! Even when I was in active addiction I’d hit like 5 days at most before relapsing usually, but today I finally broke past that!!! Woohoo!!!

Finally back at work today, it’ll be a bit challenging keeping my sobriety while working, but I have a plan! I’m going to set a hard boundary where once it’s 5pm I’m done working for the day so that I don’t overwork myself and end up slipping into my old habits!

17 Likes

Checking in on day
327 no alcohol
258 no vapes or ciggs
129 no thc

Have a good day everyone
As for me
Ill try to as well
Work as always
My plan? Play it by the books

21 Likes

Thanks so much Nick. It is one of those ick days. I can’t wait to be more sober, and not all over the place. I’m sure it will get better. Appreciate you!

6 Likes

Devon is amazing, we where in Buckfastleigh in December to ride the Polar Express on the South Devon Railway.
We stayed at the Abbey Inn.

Past some amazing Coastline on the train ride back to London. Everyone we met was more than lovley, extremely helpful.

Good food. Absolutely lovley in every way.
Just sad that we where kinda in a rush. We booked Thursday-Saturday just for the Polar Express ride Friday night.
Which also was Magical in every way.

But if we go back, we’ll definitely have more time to explore the surroundings and Especially Dartmoor. :smiling_face:

7 Likes

Ok so yesterday i had a anxiety attack at work. Completely stunned me. I hounestly got very little done.
Today is a new day and im here at work ready to clock in to give it my all today. I can try again today

I just got word a lovley but elderly woman that works here passed away yesterday. So sad. Like, she wascso kindbto me. Always asking about seeing the baby but i never got the chance to show her :frowning:

I showed her pictures and she bought him a outfit with dogs on it. She was one of my favorite people here :frowning: im actually really sad abouf this

But im here and i can try to have a active day at work. Im totally blessed

Take care everyone

16 Likes

Oh my gosh, stunning view! I don’t blame you for having a difficult time leaving the chair!

@john_connor1337 congrats on your one week :tada::raised_hands:t3:

5 Likes

I can understand why you may be questioning wether u have switched addictions. I actually went thru this many years ago when i tried to get clean at that time. To me… it doesnt sound like youve switched addictions. It DOES sound like you have a strong passion for healthy living though, which isnt a bad thing.

For myself, i knew that I had a problem and had switched addcitions, when i would get extremely irritable if i couldnt workout (almost like I needed my fix), or when id workout for 2 hours a day, 7 days a week and still wouldnt feel satisified with what i did during my workouts. Id push myself so hard that Id injury myself and then not take proper care of my injury bcuz i still wanted to workout. Now with my exercise, i can still get addicted to it but im more aware of where that could take me so try to find balance instead :slight_smile: I would try to just focus on balance and finding a good routine that works for u and ur schedule. I think ur pretty self aware and if you notice that “unhealthy” obsession creep up, you can then do something about it :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Yes!!! Huge congratulations to you on ur 1 week! Super proud of you :smiley:

5 Likes

In my opinion, even if you were replacing your addiction with exercise, I don’t really see it as a bad thing unless you’re exercising so much that it’s causing issues in your life that outweigh the benefits. Exercise can be a healthy way to get dopamine, good for the body and mind! Obviously don’t overdo it but I wouldn’t worry too much about it unless you were like overtraining or if it was affecting you more negatively than good :slight_smile:

Also, about overtraining, I used to be really hard-core into bodybuilding. It’s actually rather hard to overtrain the body to the point where you’re damaging the muscles more than benefitting them. That only really happens to like elite high-level bodybuilders, I’ve never gotten to that point of overtraining even when I was lifting for 2-3 hours every day to failure. You will know if you’re truly overtraining because you will be getting a ton of injuries despite perfect form and probably getting a condition where you’re like pissing out blood, I forgot the name of the condition but it’s basically when the muscles are breaking down way too much.

If you’re simply getting injuries without that condition of dark pee/blood, then it might just be a matter of reviewing your form. Improper form or doing exercises that are considered outdated is one of the biggest causes of injuries.

Again, I’m not a doctor or physiotherapist, so take my advice with a grain of salt, but this is just my opinion :slight_smile:

8 Likes

2y1m19d
Gooooooood morning TS fam! Hows everyone doing this fine Monday morning?? I slept like a baby last night and feel quite rested this morning. My inital plan was to exercise bright and early but I couldnt get down to the gym bcuz of a different nurse that was with my son last night. I didnt feel comfortable leaving her alone in our home. So ill be doing an at home leg workout later today. Going to be playing some games with my son in a bit (Monopoly) and doing some tidying up. Not much else to report. Beautiful day here and Im grateful to be alive!!!

23 Likes

Checking in day 575! Been a bit since I checked in. Things are going well- moved to a new apartment started with a new fitness trainer. Feeling very tired and low energy today (probably because we’re having really dreary, rainy weather) but pushing through at work.

Wishing everyone a magnificent sober Monday :sparkles:

21 Likes

Checking in on day 264​:v::heart:

19 Likes

Day 282. I am ready to go back to work tomorrow. Too much time on my hands and lousy weather.

Ordered some new trousers and some smart tops. Trying to smarten up :slight_smile:

Cold here. Listening to Coldplay…

Probably making pasta with black pepper and parmesan later with a bowl of salad.

20 Likes

I appreciate your knowledgeable insight Eric, thank you.
I don’t suspect I would be so hardcore focused to the points you describe (urine in blood); at least not for a far bit down the road of ever. Just putting in a solid foundation currently is the plan, then start back in with increased intensity next fall/winter.
I’m always just looking ahead and wanted thoughts on replacement of one thing for another, but as you’ve shown, I’m probably still quite a ways away from being that hardcore.

Thanks for sharing some helpful advice.
:pray::peace_symbol:

6 Likes