Checking in daily to maintain focus #65

Today was unexpectedly wonderful! I again slept very good and started off the day with my morning hike and saw an eagle. In the afternoon I got a phone call with unexpected good news that after 8 years I finally have permanent residency status! So no more crazy visa hassles and passport issues. I’m so relieved with this news and never thought I’d get it. I had nearly given up on it and was so surprised to get this news today!
After I had a very brief moment where I thought ‘I will celebrate with a drink later’ but it was fleeting and passed without much thought. I feel relief and like a big stress is off my shoulders. :blush: tomorrow my friends and neighbors will throw a celebration for me. I’m not a big fan of large groups or parties in general so I tend to get anxious about that but I’m just excited to finally celebrate this with everyone.

Anyways hope that everyone else is having a good sober day!

14 Likes

I really love the time zone differences here. I can chat with people god know where in the world at all times of day and night and feel connected with all humankind.

8 Likes

How exciting. That is fantastic news. Congratulations :partying_face:.

3 Likes

Thank you, :blush:

I’m working on it hard for sure… it was already pretty good, but now I’m just trying to increase the positivity as I age and enjoy my later years.

3 Likes

That is great news… congratulations :tada::tada:… grateful that you are celebrating the news in a sober fashion :grinning:.

2 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

3 Likes

Yes me too!:partying_face:

2 Likes
  1. Body is calm, mind is full of Vit C today…over a third of a year sober 🫶🏼
    No going back. No intention to ever feel less than I deserve again. No matter what, this is the best me. I show up, I feel, I breathe this air daily with shoulders ready to do the work and hold my head high. :hugs:
10 Likes

Its always evening time for me. Usually 7pm-ish, and a day ahead of everyone.
Except now its 430am because I’m up to walk the dogs before work

3 Likes

Day 59 Proper

More wicked insomnia. I’m not even functional. I am going to take a page from the Twizzlers playbook. Wear out. It’s like my brain is doing road construction in the middle of rush hour! I don’t want to go asking for sleep meds, I want to learn to sleep again.

It’s messing with me perhaps because of my milestone. I know damned well alcohol would not help my sleep, so no thoughts there. I’m going to clean until my head drops into the dirty mop water! :grinning: I’ve gotta get nice and tired and get ready to sleep then take myself out for another bracelet. Idk, 60 days? What is appropriate? Do I get a taco, a pack of gum or a gelato? A kitten? :black_cat: What do I get? :laughing:

Lots of love and delirium

:frog: :heart::heart:

9 Likes

I’m sorry :people_hugging: I’m no one to give advice on this issue but have you tried any of the natural things? Melatonin or magnesium or the tea’s? I get not wanting to take prescription meds for it.

2 Likes

Get two black kittens :black_cat: hahahahahaha

6 Likes

Thanks Steve!

got some chamomile tea this morning and will see how I do. Supplements not helping much, Benadryl did not touch it. This is probably the worst it will get, though. Keep reminding myself this is temporary. I just want to be functional. I’ll keep trying and if nothing else time will help.

Appreciate you!

5 Likes

Day 16

Woke up sober

Kind of just want to curl up into a ball thinking about my schedule this week.
Trying to be kind to myself and give myself words of support and encouragement. I am grateful I have a short shift tonight.

12 Likes

They’d just snuggle with me and purr and make me sleepy, right? That would be their mission, right? :thinking: That’s exactly what two kittens would do. Of course they would :laughing::laughing::laughing:

8 Likes

My wife is away for 2 weeks! In the past that would have meant all kinds of indulgence.

I couldn’t resist some chocolate today even though it makes me feel really rough! I just needed some naughtiness!

I’m 532 days sober and no intention of that stopping!

13 Likes

Day fifty one :sparkles:

Sober & smoke free

All good :+1: its only Monday knackered already

11 Likes

Hoping your shift goes quickly and you can enjoy a few days off

4 Likes

You got it. That’s all they do. Therapy cats. :black_cat::joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

This is inspiring love :hibiscus:

7 Likes