Checking in daily to maintain focus #65

Thanks for sharing. I was very similar in the making of rules and doing ridiculous things to hide it and in the end breaking them all. Heck…stupid things to hide it. I’d put on a disguise and take my horse to a village farther away to buy in a place where no one would know me and burry bottles in a pit so no one would see. It was too much and all just so ridiculous. I don’t want to fall into that again. I once became so lost in the mountains trying not to be seen and realized how much danger I also put myself in doing these things. It scared me and was something that helped me decide to talk to my best friend about my problem.

7 Likes

Congrats, @seb! 60 days is an important milestone. :star2:

5 Likes

Oh friend, I feel your pain. And I e been there many times myself, but what’s important is you get back on course. You will get stronger one day at a time. Sending strength and peace of mind.:lotus:

3 Likes

Checking in 9 months sober today. So grateful for TS. Knowing I’m doing this in the company of such wonderful people is so incredibly encouraging. I tried and tried for years doing this on my own. It’ means so much to me!:pray:

16 Likes

Since ive been here i have not seen one of my co workers get one of these. I am very appreciative of it but i do worry some co workers might lash out over it and target me. I hope not but the worry is still there. But it always makes for a good day and i love going the extra mile to make sure people are safe and comfortable

18 Likes

Congratulations Pattycake!! :heart:

2 Likes

Day 73 short checkin
TW “eating bla”

Busy bee studying and moving stuff…
Last time I relapsed at 77,
after 4 days of strict diet shake fasting.
So - I eat.
Regularly, healthy and what I want.

Love you guys :heart:
Ah by the way will be at the pool later after one week no swimming :swimming_woman:t3::8ball:

16 Likes

Checking in day 5.

Out of the hospital but feeling sick and dizzy so have spent the majority of the day in bed.
Just taken my medication and am hoping that an early night will make me feel better.

Have a good evening all x

13 Likes

Day 293. Second check in. Nice walk along the beach this morning

17 Likes

Day 34 no alcohol & smoking

Had the urge for ale earlier but it passed, yep it was the Friday night finish work for week drink session pattern

But all good now, had a herbal tea that tasted like horse piss :joy:

14 Likes

God job not giving in for that craving.
My oldest refuse to drink any herbal/green tea with the motivation that “The all tastes like green grass anyway” :laughing:

7 Likes

Checking in on day 106!! Caught whatever bug my daughter brought back from her vacay, feeling pretty pretty miserable. But at least I’m sober! Hope everyone has a great weekend. Xo. Congrats on 9 months @Pattycake !!! Amazing work

13 Likes

2y1m30d
Happy Friday everyone! Hope you all are doing well!
I just finished running some errands after an intense gym workout. Im exhausted and its only noon. Im extremely proud of myself tho. I know its still very early on but i actually have been consistent with my exercise and healthy eating for 5 days in a row now. I feel AMAZING!!! Even yesterday when i wasnt able to workout, i had a good walk pushing my son in his wheelchair to his appt and STILL ate well and within my calorie range. Usually if i dont workout, my eating is poor. They sort of go hand n hand, sort of an all or nothing kind of thing. I either have a healthy day or I dont. No in between and im working on retraining my brain to allow for more balance. Weekends are usual hard for me when it comes to being consistent, but i prepared a nice salad for lunch tmrw and then sunday when my parents arrive for our visit, i have looked over the menu for where we are ordering out from, so that i can plan my meal properly. Not much else to say. Im just excited to see my parents and to celebrate my husbands birthday. Should be fun!!! Have a great Friday everyone!

17 Likes

Day 7 and I had completely forgotten about it. I was busy all day, did some family visiting, the sun was out and I was just sitting down to check the app and realised I was only a few hours off 7 days since I last drank!

I’m so thankful and grateful for this group and the help and support ya get even if you’re not interacting.

17 Likes

giphy

16 Likes

Hi all, checking in on Day 12 AF for me. Bit of a test as on my own tonight as son has gone out and it’s Friday - woo hoo - start of the weekend - crack open that bottle. Or not I’m glad to say. Happy sober Friday everybody xx

13 Likes

Congratulations on ur 1 week!!!

3 Likes

Checking in day 103 :heart_hands:

16 Likes

Absolute preciousness!!! These moments just blow your heart open. Wishing you and your boy so much love on this ground breaking day. Also wishing you both the MUCH deserved supports that children and families with ASD deserve to have! This made my day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Checking in and its not bedtime! Son finally got off to daycare today, and I feel I pushed a bit there but I am so over all of these “outbreak” protocols. Our little ones need to be around each other when they are somewhat sick, and we need to bring back some commonsense (he is on a high dose of antibiotics because he had an ear infection/strep, which had him home ALL last week - absolutely understandable. But antibiotics CAUSE diarrhea. He has been cleared by his doctor, nothing is wrong with him and the health unit needs to get back to reality or we’re going to be trapped in an endless loop!!) Ive always been the parent more then ready to keep my kids home when sick with one of the three - fever, diarrhea or vomiting, or of course anything serious hell even super run down! I will even keep them home an extra day or two just to let their systems rest and treat it as time I get to spend with them. FULLY support that. But Im watching this shit drag on where parents are called every other week for runny noses and little coughs, and its gotta give at some point. Bring back the common sense for Lordts sake! Okay rant over LOL.

Got to have a lottle date with hubby and get a few things done. I need to get a full ass work week next week, and look forward to that HOPEFULLY happening. :slight_smile: Navigating the summer which is always a lot of moving pieces, but looks like its shaping up. Not sure how we are going to deal with my nephew moving in to care, but our family has no choice and my hope is that we will be able to work cooperatively with CPS (fat chance) and I will be there to advocate every step of the way. This process and legislature is completely problematic, and one day we will be called to reckon for the displacement of children with disabilities from their families…I’ll continue to push for that in my country like a bat out of hell. All for now and so grateful and happy to be sober, feeling a bit tired but I think as parents that just a constant state of being when the kids are small :slight_smile: Oh and farmer allergies kicking in so that could be it too! Bring on the tractors :tractor: XOXO

8 Likes