Checking in daily to maintain focus #65

Yes, I’m gonna have to adress that first and foremost.

Also, I might need some time to get to a therapist.

After my car accident in 2022 I just stopped showing up to therapy.

Which of course is now part of my medical history.
So I’ll have to see if I can get a place.

Maybe I’ll have to write an appeal or sth.

6 Likes

When I still was using, I quit and ran away from any therapy and therapist. Left the last one without paying the last sessions. Never made a secret of it when I tried again sober. Nobody was bothered.

Most important IMHO is you find a therapist that clicks with you. More important than any actual therapy they give. Oh, and stay sober of course.

6 Likes

Are you contacting your kids as well and initiating contact? I don’t know the whole story around this, but just wondering if you are trying to contact them and meeting no response?

1 Like

Hi
On the back of my divorce my kids. (23 and 18) blame me for not giving their mum a chance after she had an affair. So have pretty much sided with her and cut me and most of my family out. I have tried to keep in contact, offers to meet up or visit me here but no takers. They do know where I am when it’s birthdays. And Christmas. But I think I’ve not received a Christmas, birthday or father’s day card in over four years? All of it is sadly not something I can blame on drinking and nor can they as I wasn’t drinking at the time
It’s mainly down to I didn’t want to stay with their.mum and their mum actually has alot more money than me (inherited)

4 Likes

Hard one, sorry to hear. All I can say is that it can be really hard on a kids mind to translate adult actions and if it’s not explained explicitly then it leaves a whole space for their own narrative to fill in gaps. Who knows what they REALLY thought around that time. I would honestly say don’t give in, keep sending the supportive messages and cards and being there. You will need to do this with no thoughts of reciprocation (which I can imagine is really horrible for you, sorry). But you send out what you want to attract. Maybe one day they are ready to fill in all those blanks. I know they are adults, but really inside and around family units the brain can be a child still, a really hurt child.

If you can, resolve to be the relentless dad. You love them. Sending good wishes. I know this is hurtful to you. :heart:

6 Likes

Thanks. I find it hard as I’m so close to my parents and see so much of my new partners family and mine are just invisible. It’s time none of us get back

Anywayw have a fab day

7 Likes

That looks Soo nice, now I have another thing to try :blush:

4 Likes

So true. This forum is amazing in that way (and many others) :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Yeah it’s good that here im Germany most serious therapists don’t work with someone who is still in active addiction.

They just say it doesn’t make much sense due to all the manipulative behaviour that comes with it.

Exept for addiction centered therapists of course.

So yeah staying sober is the only way in which I can actually make progress. Otherwise it’s just a huge waste of time.

5 Likes

I was good at begging

6 Likes

Day 99 AF

Nothing new. Be well.

19 Likes

Checking in on day 6 :blossom:

I am still so drained. Dizzy, lightheaded and nauseous. I suppose it’s to be expected after everything I’ve put my body through.

No plans for the weekend, so I get to relax until I feel better :pray:t3: I would like to go for a walk as the weather is so lovely, but my dizziness has escalated to a point where I feel like I’m going to pass out even when I’m in bed. I don’t it would be safe for me to go for a walk by myself at the moment.

Have a lovely weekend all.

18 Likes

1 year and 2 months booze free :raised_hands:t3:

19 Likes

Punishment for your alcoholic sins, Laura lol

7 Likes

Day 910 AF
Day 32 Caffeine Free

What’s good, gang?

Been sleeping a lot since quitting caffeine. Crashing out by 10 pm. It’s 5 am here, about to go for a walk.

I’ve been playing video games a lot more recently. I think I need to take a break or find something else to do.

We went out to the 99-cent store a couple of days ago before they close down. Pretty bummed out that they’re closing. That was our spot :cry:.

Not doing a whole lot this weekend. It’s supposed to rain in the afternoon. I need to declutter my apartment.

Have a great day, everyone! Keep pushing!

ODAAT. Take care. :heart:

19 Likes

Hey did you have headaches after quitting caffeine?

5 Likes

Yeah. I had some nasty headaches in the beginning. It was a b! The withdrawals subsided after a week or so. I had to stop cuz it triggered my epididymal cyst pain :disappointed:.

4 Likes

@james83 Huge congratulations on 30 days!! Great work :slight_smile:
@danny81 great job on 1 week!!
@Dan.h84 fantastic work on 2 weeks sober!!
@BrOKenWolf Hey Richard! Always nice to see you checking in friend :slight_smile: Hope ur able to get some rest after not much sleep.
@Joyce19 welcome back :slight_smile:

8 Likes

2y2m0d
Good morrrrning TS fam! It is a BEAUTIFUL day here in Alberta! Just on my way to work now. It was really nice to be able to do a little reading on here today. I miss that. I find things get sooo busy during the week, but Id like to make the time moving forward to make sure I get my reading in.

Today consists of work and then home to make supper and get things ready for tmrws visit with my parents. Im super excited to see them. Hope the visit goes well. I find i can get overstimulated with too many people around or too much noise, so I may need to take little breaks during their visit. We will see.

Health wise - I have planned my meals for work today so that I am eating healthy. I also left my wallet at home so that I didnt have money to purchase anything on the go.
Recovery wise - I am doing well. Will make sure I pray this morning and focus on gratitude

Have a wonderful day everyone!! Much love :heart:

19 Likes

Checking In 48 days.

Sick again but this time with aches and a fever. No other symptoms though. Took off work yesterday because I could barely get out of bed. Feels like sweated most of it off though. Feeling better today though!

16 Likes