Checking in daily to maintain focus #66

Woooohooooo!!!
Way to go my friend.

2 Likes

90 days!!! Pure awesomeness :ok_hand::clap:

5 Likes

Yeah I think if I can make some good plans and have a friend there it will go better. I guess I don’t know till I give it a try. Today I made a call to see more about who I need to see and talk to there and I am happy to hear it is mostly woman I need to meet with so maybe that’ll help.
Today I sat down and really worked on some ways to cope on certain situations that could come up. I just want to be prepared. The trauma work book has been going well it is difficult going through it but it has already given me more understanding of what is happening and ways to help cope. It has also made me see more that what I feel and how I react is normal on my situation which makes me feel better.

Hope you are doing well. You really do very good at responding to so many people in this group. Wanted to thank you for that

6 Likes

57 days
I worked more on this trauma workbook this morning. I have seen I am getting more into a routine these past days of having a time in the morning focused on working on this followed by some time after to help me unwind.
I also thought a lot more today about this work trip. I’ve decided to do the Uzbekistan trip with a friend and to go with plans in place to try to help me cope. I’ve done this Uzbekistan trip so many times with no problems and have always loved visiting there but I’ve never gone while in this more stressful time like I’m in now. It is strange to be uneasy about going to a place I love so much. Anyways…I’ve written out some coping skills and am planning certain ways to get space or be able to step away if I need to. Honestly it is hard to plan these things here…it is a culture where there is no time line or schedule or set plans. So it’s more difficult somehow. The biggest change I’ve made is making plans to stay in a guest house where I can have my own room to go away to…usually I always stay with a local family. And will fly instead of hitch hiking like usual. I will go next week on the 5th. I’m feeling a bit anxious about it but also ready with some plans in place. I even made sure to get internet access so I can use this group while away.

9 Likes

Thank you :pray: you too :smiling_face:

@Butterflymoonwoman @Soberbilly
I am going to spend my evening catching up here.
Had a busy few days!

:sunflower:

2 Likes

Day 599.42

Tonight will be 600 days clean.
Today I am at the mechanic making sure everything is in working order before my trip, and then I’ll be working for 8 hours.

It’s crazy that this “boring” kind of day is what is getting normal for me. I am happy that my days aren’t what they used to be.

Waking up feeling like crap, and going through the day waiting until the time I can go get high. Staying up all night, and being broke. Not even possibly thinking of taking a trip. Let alone a whole week in Florida on a vacation with the whole family! It’s remarkable what has changed in 600 days (almost)

My life is busy, and not perfect, but I am grateful for my sobriety :heart:

Here’s to one (more) day at a time

15 Likes

Day 1 Again, how many Day 1s can you have untill you just give up ? Day 1 again … i dont want to give up .

11 Likes

I love you lady!!! Im so proud of you!!! Youve come such a looooong way. Im excited for u and ur trip! Hope u have fun :slight_smile:

4 Likes

As long as you keep trying, You’re not failing. Day 1 is hard, but break it down further, an hour clean, a minute clean, a moment clean. You can do this! And we’re here to cheer you along :people_hugging::heart:

7 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Don’t give up! You can do it

5 Likes

:joy: It’s Scottish slang for being a bit needy/wanting cuddles…my mum would say come and sooky in when I was a kid…or come and get a bozie, meaning a cuddle…idk maybe it isn’t Scottish and she made it up​:joy::person_shrugging:

3 Likes

Aw thanks Jazzy, she is very cute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and a little challenging…she eats everything - carpets, shoes, cables…digs up the garden…the list goes on. She’s very loving though and I’m sure all the chewing and digging will calm. I’m glad you got a good move and shake and got over your urge for wine! I hope you have a nice Friday night!

1 Like

Lean on us, we gotcha. :heart:

5 Likes

2y3m18d
Checking in. Having a decent day. Managed to get to the gym this morning to do an hour of cardio. Came home, finished off my fondant cupcake toppers for next week. They need to dry and harden up so that they hold their shape on top of the cupcake.

Then had a nice healthy chicken breast wrap for lunch. I really feel like im getting the hang of this fitness/healthy living lifestyle. Im grateful for that. I have struggle soooo long with losing weight and had such a toxic relationship with food, that now its such a freeing feeling to not be trapped by that. I do a monthly review at the end of each month to plan goals moving forward and to see where i can make improvements with my health. I did that today and i was pleased that i have lost 10lb in 1 month! Just going to do some cleaning up and then relax the rest of the afternoon :butterfly:

13 Likes

Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

Checking in day 151 AF :blush:

5 Likes

Day 10.
Just catching these 24hours everyday and letting them rack up. Had no cravings or thoughts on drinking.
Wife still in hospital, they think it may be addison’s disease caused by the immunotherapy. All we can do is wait.
Im keeping busy at work then busy at home.
Will be hoping for some quality relaxing time over the weekend or next week as im off.
Hooe you are all having good days.
:slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Checking in Day 40. Happy to be sober on a Friday night​:heart:…away to watch Eric on Netflix. Hope you’re all well sober friends! :pray:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies. Continue discussion at Checking in daily to maintain focus #66 (Part 38).