Checking in daily to maintain focus #66

Yes Mike :+1: Yes, yes, yes
You rock it!
Congratulations on your soon to come milestone :hugs:

6 Likes

Day 4 :sun_with_face:

Have a nice day everyone :four_leaf_clover:

14 Likes

Day 342. Off to the Albert docks this morning, then coffee with a friend, lunch with my parents then out this evening with my wifeā€¦

Liverpool is an interesting city, lots to do and lots of good places to eatā€¦ Hotel is cheap, cheerful and has parking. Which is good for going out and about in the car to see folks

12 Likes

Sorry about that Aga, have you made a big change in your food intake lately?
Just wondering. Read an article about the influence of food on the intestinal bacteria. When they are way out of balance they can couse deppresion and other mental issues as well they said.

2 Likes

Tadaaaah!! :confetti_ball:
There they are Sarath, your double digits!
Congratulations and have a nice day at work :facepunch:

3 Likes

Thank you @SoberWalker.

Staying sober gives me more positive thoughts, Iā€™m thinking why should i try to apply for other jobs in my field.
Iā€™m trying to change my way of living. When i was drinking, only thinking about alcohol.

5 Likes

*Day 2081 :walking_woman:
Muscle pain is getting a bit less so I hope I can train next sunday. A co worker of mine said: thatā€™s just like who you are ā€œall ore nothingā€ and so it is :smiling_face:
Itā€™s a quality but also a pitfall.

Picture from my ā€œevery day treeā€ :green_heart:
Today? Work and goldsmith class.
Have a good day ore night all TS friends :raising_hand_woman:

18 Likes

Yes, sober living is like opening a box isnā€™t it?
I felt like living in a small dark box and coming out of it and discovering so many things I didnā€™t notice ore felt too insecure to do because I covered it by my addiction.

6 Likes

Day 74.
We were advised the house we were potentially putting an offer on is not going to be for sale off market, so weā€™ll be going ahead with our knock down rebuild! Exciting and terrifying times.
Have a great weekend everyone.

12 Likes

@JazzyS thanks for the good advice. Itā€™s hard when cravings show up from nowhere after a good time sober. But Ai guess that no pain no gain

6 Likes

I do get these kinds of problems when I take antibiotics. But right now I assume itā€™s a combination of my hormonal perimenopausal shennanigans combined with a change in meds. Kind of a transition. Thanks for caring :mending_heart:

4 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1447. I hope everybody has a good one :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Day 181
Off on a bit of a road trip down the country to see the inlaws. Have stopped overnight in a provincial town. Took the kids to a tour of a glow worm cave. It was pretty awesome, they thought it was cool and I was happy to learn all about glow worms haha.
Afterwards we stopped at the supermarket and got some microwave dinners and went back to the motel.
Currently the family is sleeping and Iā€™m just having a quick read and check in here.
Driving again tomorrow morning

10 Likes

Day 2261 Af. Sitting in my hobby room pondering my lack of ā€œabilityā€ to go sugar free. Trying to figure out why me trying to be sugar free just isnt working. Some times the answer is as easy as looking at the ā€œartā€ on my wall.

I guess I just need to figure if I am going to ā€œDo or Do notā€

9 Likes

@Tetrax congrats on triple digits :100: :tada:
@Laner proud of you for talking to your friend, Iā€™m glad it didnā€™t trigger flashbacks and you felt okay after, that really is huge progress šŸ©µ and your plan to take one trip at a time, and to bring a friend along, sounds like a good way to do it.
@Vikingsfan congrats on 500+ days :tada:
@tailee17 sorry to hear that, no wonder youā€™ve been struggling :people_hugging: I hope the surgery goes well :crossed_fingers:t2::four_leaf_clover:
@Davina_Davis congrats on 5 months :tada:
@CleanHeart congrats on 90+ days :tada:
@Lile01 enjoy Greece :greece: :sun_with_face: :parasol_on_ground:
@Mno I hope your talk with management went okay. Sorry about the self-doubt :people_hugging: I personally really admire you and all that you do šŸ©µ
@DogtoothCowboy congrats on double digits :tada:
@SussexGuy congrats on 2 weeks :tada: just beware that AF drinks do usually contain a small amount of alcohol, like 0.05%.

9 Likes

@Greg27 welcome :blush: congrats on 23 days :tada:
@Thumper1213 welcome back :people_hugging: I hope you can let go of that shame and refocus on those simple things šŸ©µ
@happyfeet congrats on 10 months :tada:
@Leveller sending well wishes for your wife :sparkles: so good that youā€™re noticing health improvements already :raised_hands:t2:
@Lighter congrats on 90 days :tada: I hope your trip goes well :blush:
@Englishd congrats on 2400 days :tada: sorry youā€™re going through stressful times :people_hugging: sending strength šŸ©µ
@Foxy8 welcome :blush:
@Just_Laura Iā€™m sorry about your ex, your PMS, your art project, and your rent :people_hugging: hope it goes well on Friday atleast :crossed_fingers:t2: :four_leaf_clover:
@acromouse Iā€™m so sorry for how youā€™re feeling :people_hugging: Iā€™m there with you. Sending strength šŸ©µ and congrats on 40+ days no dairy :tada:
@Mischa84 congrats on 11 months :tada:

6 Likes

@Amy30 congrats on 500+ days :tada:
@Bunto congrats on 1 day :tada:
@Juli1 congrats on 4 months :tada:
@Seizetheday congrats on 150 days :tada:
@suechu congrats on 60 days :tada:
@john_connor1337 welcome back :people_hugging:
@sarath_unrelax congrats on double digits :tada:
@Noshame congrats on 50 days no marijuana :tada:

1389 days no alcohol.
854 days no cocaine.
369 days no vape.
0 days no binge-eating.

Bit of a stressful day Tuesday; I received an email that the company I returned the oat flour to had received my return, but it stated that they received 3 bags when I returned 9, so evidently the big boxes got separated during transit like I predicted they would, and so I wasnā€™t going to get a refund for the other 6 bags. When things like this happen, I usually compare the money Iā€™ve lost, to what I used to spend every day in active addiction, and really itā€™s no big deal, just annoying. The stressful part was trying to communicate with the company via webchat which took an hour and got me nowhere, the same when I tried to arrange the return. Anyway, the other boxes must have made their way there, because yesterday I received a refund for all 9 bags.

Tuesday night didnā€™t go very well, I binged all my remaining snacks for the week plus 2 lots of toast. I also binged again Wednesday morning by having breakfast x3, and I also had an extra sandwich late Wednesday night. I donā€™t think Iā€™m going to buy anymore groceries, but will reasses when Iā€™m running out, I still have some dayā€™s worth of ingredients for sandwiches and evening meals.

Wednesday I went for a Spirometry test re Asthma, so I showered before that. I was anxious I wouldnā€™t be able to do the test properly and the nurse would get frustrated, and that I might have an Asthma attack. Anxiety is not much fun. It was all fine. I told her about my bad cough when Iā€™m laying down in the evenings, which seems to keep getting worse and has been ongoing for months without relief from the blue inhaler. She went to speak to the doctor, and he said to try an anti-histamine and make an appointment to see a GP if it doesnā€™t help, so I bought some to try. I was coughing badly still, but I tried the steroid inhaler instead of the reliever, and that did help. I will monitor this.

I hate how Iā€™m feeling at the moment. I donā€™t know how Iā€™m eating so much and still feeling insatiably hungry, itā€™s just like alcohol, cocaine, and vaping; the more I have, the more I want, and Iā€™m anxious about having food in my fridge. Iā€™ve gained 8lbs too and feel bigger than ever. I wish I knew what was going on with me under the surface, driving me to binge. Iā€™m so disconnected from my emotions and feelings, Iā€™m just extremely anxious and depressed all the time, thatā€™s as far as my awareness goes.

I hadnā€™t received a reply to my email about postponing my current therapy yet, so I followed it up with a text message yesterday morning. Then I did receive a reply a little while later, stating that itā€™s their policy when a client ends therapy, they have to wait 6 months, then be added to the bottom of the waiting list (4+ years). This has really upset me mentally, doesnā€™t seem fair at all, they knew before I started this therapy that I was waiting for some form of treatment re my eating disorder. Regardless, Monday will be my final session.

I keep having waves of really intense emotion rushing through me, and my eyes fill with tears and I feel like Iā€™m going to cry, but nothing comes out. Meditating lots.

šŸ©µ

15 Likes

Thank you. 94 days sober and off to surgery. Be back tomorrow

6 Likes

Day 198. You know how like the first 3 months of sobriety sometimes were on a pink cloud. Today im grateful bc honestly this past like 6 months has been nothing but good, i cant express how good it feels to be alive well and safe. I have an amazing mother. An amazing job, two beautiful amazing girls. I sit here and try to think of things that may be bugging me just to get them out and for the most part there never really is much. Much love everyone

16 Likes

Day 26 :white_check_mark:

Each day I have been working out how to join the catio to the window and tunnel etcā€¦ just did half an hour today. Itā€™s raining on and off and I need to use the jigsaw and it gets dusty so I did a little bit. Glad I did that bit.
Iā€™m at the stage where its more brain work and making sure click locks are all mathematically lining up. Brain work lol. Not today hehe.

Going to spend the rest of the day having a tidy around and cook a nice meal for dinner.
And just take it easy :thinking: I think.

I can do a little bit more tomorrow late morning I need to drill 4 holes. Just not got the motivation today to do it and the brain work to make sure I donā€™t make a mistake - so that tells me today isnā€™t the day to keep trying.

Itā€™s been a busy week, had a little health scare with my son the past few days up to hospital and then the drs and everything is okay so I feel rather blessed right now as it was either nothing or it was something very serious Iā€™m grateful he is healthy :pray:.
So I think a relaxing weekend is a good idea and itā€™s okay. I keep having this feeling like ā€™ you should be drilling those holesā€™ etcā€¦ a work in progress to learn stuff can wait there is no rush.

Have a lovely sober day all
:sunflower:

18 Likes