Checking in daily to maintain focus #68

@catmancam Thanks friend to get back out for the lake walk! Sorry your back is acting up and causing you pain. Don’t focus on the time it took you to take the walk. You will get your pace back – just listen to your body’s cues and take it easy. LOL – I hate the cliffhangers that make it easy to watch that one more episode. I do hope you got to bed and were able to get some good sleep.
@misokatsu Thanks friend. Appreciate you :pray: So true that anything is better than a hangover. Great to hear from you – hope you are doing well.
@twizzlers That Next Door App was making me paranoid and I found myself checking in every few hours to see what new thing was happening in my neighborhood. It was maddening. I finally muted it and still found myself checking in so I had to delete. Hope you were able to find that light and positivity in your day :hugs:
@scorpn Sending you sleepy vibes friend – hope you are able to get to bed on time and sleep. :sleeping:
@jules000 I’m sorry you are sick and feeling lonely. I do think that sleeping would be a good idea. Maybe meditate before sleeping. It may help calm and change the mindset and help you wake to a brighter outlook. Are you able to video chat with your friends? If you can’t see them in person it may help to somehow stay connected. Remember we are here too – reach out on the site – do some reading :hugs:

9 Likes

Checking in day 27! Woke up early to squeeze in a workout before work. Today was the first day of an 8 week program I’m committing to :muscle:t3: Work was so busy today and flew by. I had a rehab appointment this afternoon. I saw a new provider and he was impressed with all the progress I’ve made in such a short amount of time. Came home and cooked a healthy dinner for me and the fiancé. Happy to be sober :v:t3:

16 Likes

Day 100 :blush:

Was supposed to leave for Peru today (original flight was for yesterday, this was our re-booked flight) but Delta is having so many issues we even got as far as boarding the plane before they told us there’s a two hour delay. Ended up re-booking a new flight for tomorrow. So third times the charm I hope :smiling_face_with_tear: long and stressful day and its also impacting arrangements and changes we need to make since we’re losing 3 days of our trip. Ultimately glad to be home and cozy with my cat after a long day. Probably going to shower and go to sleep super early so I can get a long night of sleep before doing everything all over again tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well :pray:t2:

17 Likes

Oh man, I know the feeling (or at least to an extent. Obviously dont know everything you’re going through). If there’s one thing I know, it’s that SH isn’t going to help solve how you’re feeling. Often sleeping absolutely can help. Or it might not. But regardless, tomorrow is a new day, and if you’re well rested, you’ll be better equipped to make the decisions that are right for you. I’m so sorry you’re feeling this way. Know that you’re not alone. And know that these feelings, no matter how long lasting, are temporary :pray:t2: I’m rooting for you and I hear you, I hear your pain. You are not alone. One breath at a time :blue_heart: when I’m feeling stressed or urges for SH i have to remind myself that what I need right now is care. If my friend was feeling this way, what would I suggest for them to do? How would I talk to them? My go-tos are a relaxing shower with the lights dim, and a candle, maybe some other good scents like my favorite lotion. Then curl up under a big comfy blanket, and let myself cry if I want to or can (and if not, that’sokay too), maybe watch a comfort TV show. There’s lots of different ways to care for yourself. If you’re feeling more energetic maybe a light workout or a walk. You’ve got this, and I hope you feel better soon :blue_heart: Having these feelings while being sick has got to be extra stressful :confused:

7 Likes

Day 401 AF

The desire to drink carried over into the weekend. The addict mind tried playing tricks. “ what would one glass of wine hurt? No one would know……”. Feeling fortunate I was in LA on Saturday with my brother who is sober. I flew in for the day and flew out after getting my hair done. Not enough time at the airport to even think about drinking and too tired once I got home to even think about it.

Much needed quiet day at work but racing thoughts about all of the tasks still to do. I’m a bit panicked that it’s all on me to get everything ready. It will work out, it always does.

Sleep well everyone

16 Likes

Checking in sober on Monday evening. I went for a nice long run today. I’ve found that running has become another tool in my toolbox. The weather has been lovely here lately. Not too hot. Have a great day or night wherever you find yourself today :blue_heart:

16 Likes

I didn’t get the job that in the end I didn’t want either. It’s not always necessary to go for the most complex, the most challenging, the very hardest thing to do. As this job was. And I learned that in a way I was trying to emulate my father, by going big and hard and complicated, instead of listening to my heart.

I should do what I want myself. And right now I’m fine in addiction care which is a hard enough job as it is. Have as good a day as you all can friends. Make it sober and clean or nothing will come of it. Love from my sister’s garden where I had dinner last night.

@Jules000 Don’t isolate friend. Nothing good comes from trying to do it all alone. I’m glad you’re here.
@wahtisnormal Fingers crossed you’ll fly today :crossed_fingers:. And huge congrats on 100!!! Big milestone!!! :birthday: :partying_face: :tada:
@Button83 One day at a time for all of us Julia. You’re not alone. We got you if you let us. Big hugs. :people_hugging:

22 Likes

23 Likes

Thank you!
Happy for you that you realized what you want to truly be happy. That takes a lot of self reflection. Its so true, you gotta do whats right for you and what makes you happy. Life is too short to break our backs working the hardest job we can. Gotta enjoy it a bit. And that’s a beautiful garden!

@Chevy55 congrats on 200 days! That’s so awesome :raised_hands:t2:

7 Likes

@Button83 Welcome back Julia :blush:

@Vanessa8 Those are definitely doable! I was the exact same way for a very long time. It’d be a miracle to go 24 hours without a drink, let alone 2 days. Now, everyday sober is another day further from it’s clutch. You got this :muscle:

@Scorpn You’re sober, so you’re doing great :heart: I’m in the same boat with sleep. Too much I think I need to get done that isn’t getting done bc I’m too tired. But the chores aren’t going anywhere :face_with_diagonal_mouth: I think some decent sleep will help things fall in place, for the both of us I hope :pray:

My thoughts exactly (the night I relapsed). The next day I actually thought it hadn’t hurt anything, but girl, was I wrong! That belief led me to drink a few more. Which also seemed fine, until the next day when I drank 15! Then I realized what I had done…too late. I’m glad you didn’t listen to that voice :pray: It’s a fucking idiot.

Sleeping in was nice :relieved: Still woke up pretty stiff and tired, but it got better as the day went on. Happy to be going to bed sober. Another day won :sparkles:

15 Likes

Checking in day 10 so happy to have reached double digits had a bad day yesterday with cravings and head was just all over the place I came out the other side and I am ready for day 11

12 Likes

Sorry to hear you didn’t get the job, but it’s great experience to go through and you seem to know what is best for you long term. :heart::heart:

6 Likes

Day #233
Last night I took late the antidepressants late also with the pill for sleep and today slept till 11.30 am. Its not good to do that :grin: now im sleepy and don’t know from where to start my new job - housewife :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :joy:. Since 28th June im staying at home during the day and sometimes im going crazy to stay at home and do all home stuff.
Its good that on Sunday we will go to the seaside for one week. This time we choose to go to Kiten Kiten, Burgas Province - Wikipedia
So these days I will prepare the needful things for the vacation.
Have a great sober day also week :wink:

12 Likes

244 sugar
108 UPF
115 gluten
14 dairy
10 overeating

It’s a bit of a cloudy and rainy day today here in Utrecht. Mostly drizzle though. I’m going to explore the city.
Last time I was here must have been about eight years ago. I’ll hop on my bike and look out for Nintje.

Let’s stay in peace, kindness and freedom friends :peace_symbol::people_hugging::dove:

11 Likes

Day 15. Today I met my doctor and he made a nasty remark how I have gained weight. I was like wtf? Like I didn’t know it? Now I feel like a total loser and I feel like I need to smoke weed and drink beer, I have serious cravings. My doctor really insulted me. Shit.

13 Likes

Congratulations on your :100:

5 Likes

@wahtisnormal look at that! Triple digits :muscle:t4::tada::confetti_ball:. Sorry about the long unfruitful day. Sounds exhausting. Hopefully you will get on a plane today and enjoy your getaway :smiling_face:
@DanaM56 snuck in with 400+ days. Great work friend. Sorry the addict mind is going hard right now. It knows you have a lot going on and this is prime time to attack…that little fuck! Glad you maintained sobriety and remember to take time for relaxation and self care. It will all get done …we don’t want you burning out in the process
@mno seems like it was a good process to go through and a good thing that you didn’t get the job. Learned a lot of what you are seeking and wanting from the job and in life. Yeah to listening to your heart :heart: :people_hugging:
@Chevy55 congratulations on your 200 days Nick. So happy to see you doing so well in sobriety and living your life to the fullest. Keep the momentum going strong :muscle:t4: :tada: :tada: :partying_face:
@MrMoustache I do hate going to the doctor LS and doing the weigh ins…it’s such a depressing time for me. Do not let his remarks bring you down. You are doing fantastic with 15 days and with your new lifestyle you will have more energy. I find that our health and weight all start to improve as we dive into sobriety. It does take time and effort but I know drinking and smoking will only make our weight worse. Stay on course my friend.

Checking in on Tuesday morning
Didn’t sleep well. Feel off still and still hurting but need to move. Gonna try and go for my morning walk. It’s a bit chilly and windy - may be what I need.
Wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day… sending you all so much love :heart::heart:

18 Likes

Thank you for your kind words.

5 Likes

Thank you, my friend. Yeah, I know everything’s gonna get better as sober days goes by. And last time I was sober for 5 years, I remember that I lost lots of weight.

5 Likes

Congratulations @wahtisnormal @Chevy55

6 Likes