Checking in daily to maintain focus #68

Checking out early on day 114. Huge day. 3 hours sleep last night with a 1 hour nap this morning after gym. Gave blood for the first time in 10 years too, then had 2 big termite inspections. What a bloody day! Termite system install tomorrow so off to bed early. Have a great rest of your weeke everyone!

14 Likes

Itā€™s addiction that is causing you to fear sobriety. Do not look at sobriety as the big picture right now, itā€™s too daunting. Iā€™m in early days too, and all I want to do is get out of withdrawal and dependency stages for now. Iā€™ve no intention of going back to drinking, Iā€™m just taking my fences one at a time.

You need to do the same. Just handle one day at a time. Get up each day, and say ā€˜today I am going to stay soberā€™, and mean it. Use whatever sober tools you have to make that a reality. Every day is different, but keep up the consistency of checking in here to keep yourself accountable. Some days, Iā€™m okay. Other days really test me, I had one of them recently. The wonderful people in this community came through for me and were able to get me to refocus. Drinking only delays pain and stress, and when it comes back you can add guilt and shame after drinking.

Hang in there, we are here for you. There are better days ahead :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

Thank you so much for your encouraging words. Iā€™m glad to know Iā€™m not alone with my fear.

4 Likes

Wow! Congratulations Joy! 5 beautiful blessed years, that is wonderful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

@binx
Happy birthday beautiful :birthday::partying_face::confetti_ball::tada:. I know you are dealing with a lot these days. I do hope you find time to celebrate how amazing you are today. Remember you are not alone :people_hugging:. Wishing you a day filled with love :kissing_heart:
a5c1e11d207e955ae830f2f7e831ab0d_w200

6 Likes

Awh thanks Jasmine! I donā€™t know how you keep up with us all! Youā€™re such a thoughtful person :people_hugging:

The only thing I wish for today is a closing date for this sodding house!! :joy: I donā€™t do cake, but my 7yr old daughter has insisted that there should be cake, so we will do that a little later. Maybe a takeout this evening, totally write off today diet wise :melting_face:

How are you today angel? :heart:

6 Likes

Congratulations to you @Joy

3 Likes

Asphalt day. Hard. Hot. Industrial districts. Goosebumps. Dirty. Stinky atmosphere. I like it :hugs::sweat_smile:

GIF_20240710_134740_798

11 Likes

Day 149
We had some chemical explosions and huge fire 5 minutes from my workplace today which was quite unsettling. Thankfully no one was killed at that worksite.

18 Likes

Day 382.on call again for work so thafs me working pretty much till tomorrow morningā€¦ A few meetings this pm and I will take it easy in case itā€™s a busy night

Feeling a bit unsettled. Not sure what about. I know it will pass

14 Likes

Day 12. @JazzyS I love water, and specially the Ocean. but I live in inner land. I long to visit the Sea. Itā€™s wonderful :blush:.

6 Likes

Just checking in on day 363. :two: left.

18 Likes

Wonderful to see Joy!! Congratulations on your 5 years!!! :bouquet::partying_face::heart:

4 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1487. I hope everybody has a good one!

16 Likes

Day 131

I have a very good feeling about the days ahead. Watching several pairs of cardinals hopping around my front garden bed. How could I not be happy? Things are coming together. Iā€™m starting to know what to do, that fog is gone. Life is richer and more colorful. I was just thinking I have so much to look forward to. Being someone I always wanted to be. This is freedom. Yes, Iā€™m still not healthy but improving so much.

Itā€™s in-between land. I can relax with it. Iā€™m right where Iā€™m supposed to be today, recovering. Watching some Native tribal dancing to start the day. Then I saw the beautiful birds. My motherā€™s favorites. Mine too. I had a hen turkey come through. She stopped and made a funny purring sound. Almost like a cat :laughing: They donā€™t gobble in the summer, they cluck and purr. It was so cute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: she seemed to recognize me. I always talk to her when I see her. Itā€™s been a great morning for them with the recent rain. Plenty to eat.

Slowly working on things here but stopping to enjoy. When I feel strong Iā€™ll speed up. So hungry for some Mexican food so Iā€™ll be in the kitchen when Iā€™m not talking turkey :laughing:

Enjoy your sober day :heart:

19 Likes

Officially 2 weeks :star_struck:

24 Likes

Day 2301ā€¦waiting for work to start. Just a normal day

Stay sober friends!

16 Likes

Day 18 - having a chill day today, my therapy session coming up, hanging out with the cat and hitting the gym.

Feels amazing been able to enjoy my own company a bit

Hope everyone is doing well!

17 Likes

Oooo youā€™re so close to triple digits!! Congratulations! :confetti_ball:

3 Likes

Congrats on 5 years! :blush: thanks for letting us share in your joy! Cheers! :coffee:

7 Likes