Checking in daily to maintain focus #68

Day 3 today. Not going to lie I don’t feel good mentally. I feel like I have made an absolute twat out of myself and should move away.

16 Likes

94 days sober.
Really enjoying being in the mountains with my kids. We had a super busy, but fun day yesterday. I love being in nature with them.
Today I’ll remain sober. Today we will explore more nature and hopefully enjoy each other’s company.
I hope you all have a good one.

13 Likes

You got this! I’m on a day 2 and I’m feeling completely lost, sad, anxious and fearful. This is terrible, but I know it will get better after more sober days. All the best to you!

7 Likes

It’s been a while! My son just turned 2, I’ve been able to have a fulfilling amount of time each week to be with my horse, as a fam we’re heading to Scotland in September, recently found out I’m having baby #2. Life is good. As usual, sobriety has allowed me to leave an abundant life. :heart_hands:

27 Likes

Oh wow!!! Exciting!! Congratulations!! Thanks for the update, happy for you and your family!!!

3 Likes

thanks @SassyRocks! hope all is well sister!

3 Likes

:last_quarter_moon: -11-

Keep searching, question if this light ends

7 Likes

@Scorpn big hugs Renee. This will pass. I hope it passes soon so you can start feeling more like yourself. We are all here for you. Sending love and strength and hugs!!:people_hugging::people_hugging::people_hugging:
@wahtisnormal coming up to 3 months is amazing Zoe. Sometimes the milestones can zap our energy and leave us unmotivated. Keep working your recovery and be gentle with yourself. It does get easier :people_hugging:
@MrsOdh good luck with the job. The librarian gig sounds awesome too. Glad you all enjoyed your sunny day yesterday… hopefully some more to come before summer is over.
@joy congratulations on your amazing 5 years of sobriety. Cheers to you as I hold up a cup of masala chai in your honor. Love how well you are doing – keep the momentum going strong :muscle:t4:
@MrMoustache I see this post was 9 hours ago. How are you doing now? Totally normal fears and symptoms as you go through the early stages of sobriety. Drinking/ smoking will not take the edge off…they will keep you addicted. Stay vigilant friend. Find things to keep you busy. Do you have a support group or therapist or both? Reach out and seek support. You are not alone​:people_hugging::people_hugging:
@binx thanks love. I’m doing well enough. Keeping myself moving. Hope you enjoyed your special day with takeout and cake. A birthday without cake :thinking: I just can’t imagine it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Wishing you luck with the home closing… hopefully very soon :pray:t4::crossed_fingers:t4:
@seb omg! That is very unsettling. Grateful noone was hurt.
@timetochange sending healing and calming vibes your way. You seem to be working more these days and odd hours…can that be the cause? I do hope you find time for yourself and are able to practice self care.
@Bomdhil ooh I do recommend it… hopefully you will get a chance to visit the ocean side soon. 12 days strong :muscle:t4: :tada: :pray:t4:

11 Likes

@SKhan congrats on your 2 weeks. Glad the strike is over and you can get your routine back.
@TheWolf sorry friend. That is an awful feeling. Sending you hugs and love…you are here working on your sobriety. Getting back on track and that’s huge. You shouldn’t let the guilt of the relapse keep holding you back / down. Should be proud of yourself. ODAAT …you are kicking ass with day 3.
@claire-lo impressive time and so happy for the joys of sober living. Congratulations on your pregnancy. :tada:
@CHASE.E.U how are you doing Chase?

Checking in on Wednesday afternoon
The day has gotten away from me. I started off with my morning walk but since it was spitting I decided to take a longer route as I wouldn’t be able to swim anyways. Well it started to downpour and I absolutely loved my 8 mile walk in the pouring rain. Not a soul in sight. Got to spend some time with Mom afterwards as well.
Did another mile walk in the rain as I’m waiting for my car to be diagnosed. Need new shocks and possibly brakes too :exploding_head:. Not much to report…hope you all are having a wonderful addiction free day. Sending you all so much love :heart::heart:

16 Likes

Day 831

Today is going pretty well so far. Getting a lot done and caught up with my work notes so I can actually just stay on track and do each day’s at the end of the shift.
Have been trying to keep my eating habits under control again, still rough at times but getting a lot better.
I really want to start tracking again but my lizard brain always takes things too far and makes it a limitation challenge lol. We’ll see, because it does really help too, on the other hand.

Finally, finally getting my first paycheck in 6 years Monday the 15th. The entire thing is going to my car. I need to get a new set of tires put on that I’ve had sitting around and the alignment needs to get done.
It’s funny how I’m actually thrilled to be able to pay for that versus me a few years ago would have been distressed over not having any money left to buy drink, weed, etc.

After getting the alignment done I’m slated tentatively to get a full engine servicing next month which is going to be a stiff $900, but still has to get done because this Subaru is my bread and butter.

Going to turn in the rest of the paperwork I need to submit and wait for the final mortgage offer next week. Once I turn in the documents then the wait can be anywhere from a month to 3 months.

In the midst of all this I’m probably going to be adding another 16 hours to my work schedule once the kids start school. The company I work through is fantastic and are 100% willing to accommodate my particular schedule. This means 90% of the time I’ll be working when the kids are in school, with the exception being one client twice a week I already have that I love working with, it’s 2-6pm, that’ll stay the same.

All in all, not bad, getting through it, and trying to stay sane and okay. Have a great day everyone

17 Likes

Thank you Jazzy

2 Likes

Thank you MrMoustache

3 Likes

Hi JazzyS! Thank you so much for your concern. I’m still sober, struggling but determined to stay away from booze and drugs. I’m feeling extremely sad and anxious, but I know these feelings will pass.

I have a therapist, but groups are not my thing because I don’t like to be around people. I sometimes attend to Zoom meetings, but I believe my therapist and for example this community are enough for me. But if I’m in danger to relapse, I’m gonna join a live support group because in rehabs the groups have been a good thing after all.

6 Likes

Checking in day 191 AF :blush:

15 Likes

Congratulations on 5 years. Thanks for checking in

3 Likes

Quick check in before bedtime. Dreamed about consuming two time this week. Feels always a little scary but also a nice way to start the day full of relief that nothing happens in reality. Maybe I should do my reading here in the morning instead of the evening. Good night or day to you all!!

15 Likes

Checking in day 115.

Doing check ins and outs for now. I’m out of sorts at the moment, mostly because work has been busy but also our little man has been struggling with sleep. I think the check ins and outs help ground me.

Also I’ve had two nights in the last week where I’ve dreamt a nuclear bomb is coming. Could this represent the fact our second child is coming in the next 4 weeks or the fact we’re knocking our home down in 8 weeks with nowhere to live yet :melting_face::melting_face:

Have a great day everyone.

21 Likes

I read your post and then read it again. So sorry about bomb dream. However new baby #2 coming. Seems you got this event down from experience. Home “digs” uncertainty I am pretty sure will work out soon enough. I will pray for you. You got LIFE coming from all directions. I am a bit envious. Take care my sober friend.

7 Likes

Glad you are here doing your check ins and outs. Your son not sleeping well, a new baby on the way and home renovations with no concrete place to stay can all be troublesome individually but together are like a bomb going off. Remember to find time for yourself. Breathe and keep connected. It will all work out and you will get through it. Just take it all One Moment at a Time. :hugs:

4 Likes

Thank you :heart: a sober life has helped ease alot of anxieties and stresses. I don’t think I could do this if I was still drinking.

6 Likes