Checking in daily to maintain focus #68

Thank you Jazzy :heart: I appreciate your support. Everyone here has been amazing.

4 Likes

I am doing great at Day 108. On step 3 in my step work. A group of buddies and I have decided to start a youtube channel devoted to motorcycles and recovery. Calling it #riding4recovery. Its been a busy couple weeks but life couldn’t get better

19 Likes

Oh i love this for you. So happy to hear that you are doing well and stacking up the days. : :muscle:

1 Like

Checking in 134

@JazzyS You know what? I am loving this place. I am having a really good time going through topics years back and finding so many folks still here. I even read some of my posts from last year and don’t even recognize them as mine.This sober journey starting in February 2024 is completely different from last year’s. I’ve included GOD in all moments. It has brought such a wonderful addition to my toolbox for sobriety.

AA Meeting this morning and have been actually relaxing all afternoon

17 Likes

Girl I love it! It is crazy to re-read our own posts and not recognize the words. I do that often and think – huh, that was me? Its a wonderful journey of our recovery.

So very grateful to have met you and have you here with us. I have and can see the changes in your recovery approach this time around and i know its the key for your success. :people_hugging: :heart:

6 Likes

What a cool picture :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

2y4m27d
Kind of been an emotional day. But in a good way. Came to a realization when it comes to my unhealthy relationship to food. Was determined to go buy some icecream initally (which I knew full well I wouldve binged on) and instead wrote about how i felt, cried a bit, prayed, and then made the choice to not buy that icecream. I have had issues with food since i was a child, and then at age 15 drugs entered my life and food was no longer the issue (mainly bcuz i rarely had the urge to eat). Its amazing how it has popped back up since being clean and sober. But everything is about choices. Im free to choose but not free from the consequences of my actions. And today im choosing to not engage in unhealthy behaviors. I went over my reason WHY just like i do when im craving drugs. It helped alot today. Will be doing some self care shortly and then heading to bed.

I hope everyone has a good addiction free night :butterfly:

20 Likes

When i first got clean, i definitly had that fear. Fear of what life would be like without drugs to cope. Fear of the unknown. But u know what? Id rather fear the unknown of sobriety than face what was coming to me in addiction (jail, institutions or death).
Uv got thw right idea tho in facing those cravings. They do pass. And the longer than u dont pick up, the weaker and weaker those cravings get :slight_smile: im proud of u for sticking it out. Congratulations on 2 days sober!

7 Likes

Day 998 AF

Sup, gang.

Watched some futbol today. Rode our scooters with the little man. Did laundry. Playing video games right now. Gonna excersise afterwards.

1.5 days till 1k. Making the impossible possible. Never thought I’d make it this far. Still trippin about it. It’s a good trip, though. Life is better sober. For ME, the wife, and the kiddos.

Have a great sober day, gang!

ODAAT :heart: take care

19 Likes

I have one day of nursing ahead, followed by a three day weekend. I can do that. Sober and clean.

We can all do it. This is not about will power but it is about commitment, about having a solid plan and using that, and it is about connection. We all need each other. One day at a time. Have as good a day as you all can friends. Let’s make it clean and sober or nothing will come of it. Love.

@Joy Great to see you Lady!!! And huge congrats on a glorious 5 years of freedom from substances. :people_hugging: :heart: :people_hugging:

26 Likes

@LovelyLya Oh dang :anguished: Here I was just trying to talk up how great being sober is, but you’re right. I don’t know everyone’s story, and I can’t relate to yours at all, aside from addiction. Still, at the end of each day, no matter the story, sober is best. And I’m proud of you for doing the damn thing :clap: :heart:

@Joy Oh wow! Joy!!! What a nice surprise to see your face :blush: And with such great news! Congratulations girl :clap:

@claire-lo Nice to see you checking in too :blush: Congratulations!!! :tada: So good to see you’re thriving in your sobriety :heart:

@tailee17 It is weird to run into my old posts from years back that I don’t even remember writing. I feel like a completely different person now. Just shows how much growth and change happens around here. Glad you’re here with us :blush:

Felt like I lived in the rainforest today! Crazy monsoon type weather. It was the first time I actually had a busser scheduled with me for lunch and there was only one table! But I was glad to have someone to talk to thru the boringness :laughing: My daughter went upstairs to her friend’s when we got home and stayed there so long I unexpectedly fell asleep. On days I actually want to take a nap, they’re up and down the stairs and in and out the door the whole time so I can’t! Ah well. I got enough energy to clean up the kitchen before dinner :relieved: Another short shift tomorrow and it looks like this rain will clear up right when I get out :pray: My neck has had it with this day so time to relax. Goodnight all :heart:

22 Likes

7y6m26d
This weekend the twins and I are going to the mountains. Ive rented a sweet cabin through airbnb. And now, of course, I have a work crunch that’s taking all my time. I worked 12 hours today and am probably going to do the same tomorrow. But I really want to take off for the mountains at a decent time on Friday. I am feeling a little stressed. Hope everyone has a good night/day!

17 Likes

Day 383

I have to do oncall for work. Falls sporadically… Some nights are quiet. Some aren’t! Last night was pants… So it’s my back to work as usual day. Not on call now till late August. It definitely plays a part in me feeling flat as u never know what will happen.

Today… Away early. Listening to the cocteau twins.

16 Likes

Day 3 and I’m still feeling really helpless and hopeless. I’m full of anxiety, fear and depression, but gotta just take one day at a time. I know I can do this. Have a good night/day ya all!

20 Likes

Almost :one::zero::zero::zero: days JR :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::confetti_ball:
We are going the make a party out of it here!

7 Likes

*Day 2122 :walking_woman:
Had a busy day at work. Seems like wifi wasn’t my best friend and “error” was the word of the day :stuck_out_tongue: But I managed to keep my cool.

Today I’m off from work. Going to do a workout at home, getting my groceries and extra stuff for the big party we have next sunday.
Have a good day ore night all :raising_hand_woman:

22 Likes

There is actually a story behind that picture :joy: we had just bought a new bed they told us that we could pick it and the base up in two weeks. it ended up being delivered on their Saturday afternoon truck the following weekend the only problem was they were only open till one on Sunday! it was a two hour drive one way from our house to the mattress firm that had it no big deal. i hooked the trailer up Saturday night to go pick it up Sunday excited of course because it was a week early. the weather forecast said there was a “slight” chance of rain in the afternoon :roll_eyes: So the following morning we hit the road we were making great time until there was a train blocking the highway, we ended up waiting right around 45 minutes but it was fine we still had pleennntttyyy of time. No sight of bad weather :+1:t2: we get there around noon ish get the bed and the electric base strapped down, and brought a tarp just incase of bad weather :roll_eyes: well here’s where everything went down hill we had made it about 10 miles I stopped to check straps and took that picture thought to my self how pretty. got back on the road heading home 20 minutes later we found the “slight chance of rain” we stopped and grabbed some tape to seal up the mattress bag but little known fact duck tape does not mean water proof :joy:so we were back on the road it rained so hard on the way home it was like people were throwing 5 gallon buckets of water on my pickup we had about 45 miles like that :grimacing: by the time we got home the base was completely soaked but all things considered the mattress stayed 70% dry! After the electric base dried out it worked just fine and we had the mattress professionally cleaned just in case there was any water deep in it

Here’s the rest of the pictures I took that day

14 Likes

222 days
Another busy day at work.
Finished up and pucked up the kids. Happy to have them home again

15 Likes

I’m here, I’m alive, I’m sober and I’m happy.
Day 134.

Already starting to regret that I applied for the job yesterday. It still seems fun, but I’m not really keen on having to work weekends and holidays.

So I also sent an application to ask for my job as a Cleaning lady back. I know my old Cleaning crew wants me back, so we’ll see. They’ve got a new boss now,and the job is only hire for hour. A way of working that actually makes me stressed.

Guess we’ll see how it all ends up after the summer holiday. As long as I haven’t signed any papers I can always turn them down.

Weather is supposed to start raining again in about 15 mins.

Still trying to visualize our porch we’re planning to build, so I can resist the temptation to book a long holiday abroad. Still thinking about a short weekend though. Bulgaria or Poland is currently high in my vacation list.

That’s all Folks :heavy_heart_exclamation:
Wishing y’all a wonderful day.

11 Likes

@Lefty624 Thank you for your storm story and the storm pictures. I really dig storms :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: And I do hope your bed situation works out in the end :crossed_fingers:
@MrMoustache Great job on sticking to sobriety for three consecutive days. This is the hardest time. You are really doing the work :muscle: Anxiety, fear and depression are normal in this phase. Do whatever helps you through this day in terms of self care. Take really good care of yourself: of your body, your mind, your emotions, your soul. And stay connected to the sober community. Share with us here, attend meetings. As you already said it: One day at a time.
@Timetochange From my experience when you’re on call - even if no one actually calls - you are in a basic state of allertness. So I get how even on a quiet night you don’t get the rest your body and mind need. I hope you get to relax a bit soon.
@Kareness I very much hope every thing works out with your trip to the mountains. It does sound wonderful. If you have the time and are in the mood I would love some pictures for sure :grin: :mount_fuji:
@Just_Laura My attitude with naps: Take them when you can. Especially if you have kids :laughing:
@Mno You are so right on commitment! Wise words. On a different topic: If I was to cycle one those LF-routes in the Netherlands, any recommendations for this summer?
@GOKU2019 Let’s start that countdown :firecracker:
@Butterflymoonwoman Aren’t these kinds of realizations great? When one of those hits me I feel like a door has been pushed wide open and I can see a new vista. Congrats on yours and enjoy your self care time.
@Whereswaldo Sounds like a lot of changes coming your way and especially a lot of insecurities about your future. No wonder your dreams are slightly upsetting. But you seem to have the basic approach right: get grounded. So maybe think about incorporating more ways to get grounded in your day?
@Baseline I check in here in the morning to get into the right mindset and then ‘check-out’ with the gratitude thread in the evening. A good way to start and end the day with sober people :smiling_face:

232 sugar
96 UPF
103 gluten
2 dairy
2 overeating

I was in such a rotten mood yesterday evening. And then I realised how I had these thought patterns of all the kinds of things I could not do because of my mood, or should do because of it.
Then it hit me like one of those american trucks :truck: I only know from TV: Why would I want to decide my actions based on my moods!? Am I completely nuts!? This is the textbook definition of insanity, being powerless and in no control of my life. Afterall moods come and go like the weater, and it’s not a mood that acts, it’s me.
That was quite a revelation for sure. So I decided to join the dharma meeting without taking my moods into account. Had a great meditation there - where I really could laugh about myself, life, and everything - and experienced a deep feeling of connection. My mood did not get any better. But I did plant seeds for a better life: no matter the moods. Feeling like a champ today :muscle: :sunglasses:

Today more work on state machines, a few errands, maybe the pool. We did not get there yesterday due to a storm. Yoga in the afternoon. Recovery Dharma in the evening. I am thinking about becoming a facilitator for one of the meetings. I think I’ll contact one of the nice people in the community there about it.

Wishing you all a day of peace, kindness and freedom today :peace_symbol: :people_hugging: :dove:

18 Likes