Checking in daily to maintain focus #68

@LovelyLya thank you :blush:
@Dan.h84 welcome back :people_hugging: congrats on 5+ days :tada:
@Scorpn wtf, thatā€™s ridiculous! Iā€™m sorry :disappointed::people_hugging:šŸ©µ
@SubmarineMonkey sorry for your loss :mending_heart: I hope things get easier at home.
@JazzyS thank you :blush: šŸ©µ the bullying I experience on a regular basis really holds me back, I donā€™t know how to rise above it and think ā€œf**k themā€ and get myself back out there, and because my inner critic agrees with them, it heightens my pre-existing insecurities. Iā€™m so glad youā€™re getting out for your walks and able to do other exercising too :raised_hands:t2: those salt tablets sound awful, I hope itā€™s the last time too :crossed_fingers:t2::people_hugging:
@justKaitlin congrats on 2+ weeks :tada: wow, Iā€™m glad you were there and able to help! :raised_hands:t2: congrats on your bloodwork results too :tada:
@zzz congrats on double digits :tada:
@MrsOdh we call them Respite Care Homes, I used to work in some. Good luck with your application :crossed_fingers:t2::four_leaf_clover:
@Joy good to read from you :blush: congrats on 5 years :tada::trophy::star2::star2::star2::star2::star2:
@MrMoustache keep going, sending strength šŸ©µ

9 Likes

@Binx belated happy birthday :balloon: :gift: :partying_face:
@Seb woah, thatā€™s scary! Iā€™m glad nobody was killed :raised_hands:t2: congrats on 5 months :tada:
@SKhan congrats on 2+ weeks :tada:
@claire-lo great update :blush: congratulations :baby: :tada:
@Kareness enjoy the mountains :mountain: :blush:
@MrFantastik congrats on all the 2s :tada:
@Rob11 congrats on 1300 days :tada: Iā€™m glad your boundaries were respected :blush:
@wahtisnormal :people_hugging: I hope you got some sleep last night :sleeping:
@Wakikki I hope your anxiety settled and you got some sleep :sleeping:
@ladybug1974 welcome back :people_hugging: congrats on day 1 :tada:

12 Likes

:white_check_mark: in, day 60.

17 Likes

@AdultImprover welcome :blush: congrats on 18 days :tada:
@Tragicfarinelli omg that really is sad :broken_heart::pleading_face: I bet the charity really appreciated your hamper though šŸ©µ
@tailee17 so cute :heart_eyes: strong name :smiley:
@Jeanine congrats on 60+ days :tada:
@DanaM56 good luck with your move :crossed_fingers:t2::four_leaf_clover:
@GOKU2019 thanks for sharing, Iā€™m sorry for what you witnessed as a young child :people_hugging:Iā€™m glad youā€™re here šŸ©µ congrats on breaking the chain and for quadruple digits tomorrow :tada::tada::trophy::star2:
@Baseline congrats on 60 days :tada:

1431 days no alcohol.
896 days no cocaine.
411 days no vape.
1 day no binge-eating.

Checking-in with yesterdayā€™s numbersā€¦

Tuesday was mostly uneventful, I caught-up here, caught-up with some meditations, and watched sone episodes of my favourite programs.

I also had a takeaway AND binged later on too. Fed up with myself now. I have still been in a lot of pain from my tooth extraction, so I think Iā€™ve been using food as a self-soothing behaviour.

Wednesday I went to the dentist for a review, and Iā€™ve got Dry Socket, he packed it with a substance thats very spicy and tastes like clove. He said that it will act as a blood clot which should have formed but didnā€™t. He said the pain should start to settle now, so thatā€™s hopeful.

I also had the traumatic ordeal of getting both cats in their carriers to go to the groomers. I was home with Prince first as he only has his nails trimmed so he doesnā€™t take long. Then I collected Wolfie an hour later as he has a full groom, because he has long fur and lots of it! He had a few matted areas too, so although heā€™s an absolute nightmare to get in his carrier, I know he feels so much better once heā€™s home and settled. I just hate the way I lose Princeā€™s trust everytime and it takes months to earn it back. He also reacts to Wolfie like heā€™s a total stranger and hisses at him for a few days afterwards, so thatā€™s not nice either.

Yesterday I had a call with a doctor because my kidney and liver function tests came back low, so I have to stop one of my medications. Itā€™s a preventative sexual health medication that I am not likely to need anytime in the forseeable future so Iā€™m okay with stopping it. I was planning to stop it when my 3 months supply ran out in September anyway.

Today I am travelling to visit my WhatsApp friend, weā€™ve only met once before, in 2015, but we chat all day every day on WhatsApp, he is my only friend. He has 3 dogs so Iā€™m looking forward to meeting and walking with them too :smiley:

šŸ©µ

18 Likes

Thank you @tailee17 @JazzyS @SoberWalker @catmancam and thank you all for being so supportive.
Great share @GOKU2019

9 Likes

Weekend! Of course itā€™s going to rain fot the better part of this Friday. Well, a good incentive to do some necessary house chores. And unwind a bit. Work yesterday was crazy busy. Good to be free from it for three days now. Sober and clean.

Have as good a day as you all can friends. Make it sober and clean or nothing will come of it. Weā€™re in this together. Love from my commute yesterday.

@seb @Rob11 @Baseline Congrats on your days and milestones friends.
@CATMANCAM Thatā€™s exiting! Hereā€™s hoping for a very nice visit with your friend Cat!
@GOKU2019 What a story JR. You write very well. You write truth. Your share your lifeā€™s experience. Thatā€™s what writingā€™s about. Thanks so much. Just keep working on being better. As you are doing. Hereā€™s some early congratulations on quadruple digits to you. And big hugs friend. Thanks for being here. :people_hugging:

21 Likes

Morning all checking in on day 25 alcohol free , hoping you all have a lovely & safe weekend take care :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes

Alcohol 1794
Intermittent Fasting 1
Binge eating 2

Iā€™m stumbling abit with my eating habits Iā€™ve noticed when my daughter is having a bad day with her autism or Iā€™m having a flat day with my own mental health I seem to be hitting the fuck it bottom anyway on a more positive note Iā€™ve booked myself into some classes at the local leisure centre this morning for next week because itā€™s a holiday today here so I think Iā€™m going to do some gardening which I love itā€™s very good for my head
Hope everyone has a good day :wave:

17 Likes

@Conor80 Donā€™t be to hard on yourself about your eating habits. Itā€™s normal to be triggered by difficult times. The first step is to see your patterns and then recognise them for what they are. Stay mindful and kind to yourself and observe your thoughts and emotions in those situations. With time you will find a way to change the pattern. Enjoy your garden :farmer:
@Mno Thanks for your suggestions about the LF routes. The one along the coast has been on my mind for quite a while. Iā€™ll ponder it a bit more.
@CATMANCAM Once again: Enjoy your trip and your time with your friend :smile:
@GOKU2019 Thank you for sharing your story, your journey and your determination :mending_heart:
@Lefty624 Enjoy your peaceful weekend friend :sunglasses:
@SoberWalker I hope you will share the silver work with us later :gem:
@DanaM56 Moving is always exhausting. Sending you strength :muscle: :battery:
@Jeanine Best recovery wishes for you dad. Glad to hear physical therapy is doing him good :mending_heart:
@MrFantastik Sleepover partys are always so exciting :star_struck:
@justKaitlin Thanks for sharing your experience of no cravings and positive vibes with us :green_heart:

233 sugar
97 UPF
104 gluten
3 dairy
3 overeating

Did my morning run and send my daughter off to her last day of arts workshop.
Today I want to finish up with my deep dive into state machines and automata. I have to admit though that I love to dive into computation models. My mind enjoys to toy around in this very abstract domain. But I also donā€™t want to get lost there, as at some point the part of me that wants to create will feel very neglected and frustrated. Thatā€™s why I love my work, I get to toy around in the abstract and create something out of it :heart_eyes:
Some yoga in the afternoon and Iā€™m not sure about the evening. My usual club is closed for the summer, but there might be a meeting of friends from the climate activism movement tonight. Otherwise Iā€™ll jump on a dharma meeting, or just enjoy some anime.

Whatever comes, Iā€™ll try for peace, kindness and freedom :peace_symbol: :people_hugging: :dove:

16 Likes

Iā€™m here, Iā€™m alive Iā€™m sober and Iā€™m happy.
Day 135

Rain again, Iā€™m so sick of this.
Forecast says itā€™s going to stay this way. So this summer seems to be just as bad as last year.

It sucks, seriously planning to emigrate now.
I need some sun. This long as cold winters, the constant darkness and the dark Rainy summers is going to kill me if I donā€™t do something about it

Thatā€™s all Folks :heavy_heart_exclamation:
Wishing yā€™all a wonderful day.

17 Likes

Busy morning ahead, so very quick check in, 13 days done :white_check_mark:

Have a wonderful, sober day friends :heart:

22 Likes

Day 384. All good. At work. Sun has come out which is good. Then itā€™s the weekend. Feeling recovered from on call. Looking forward to some slow time over the weekend

18 Likes

Realizing you are still at 999! Thanks for sharing your story. So inspirational, helpful and meaningful for all those who say they cannot quit, or say they are down too far to leave the addiction, or want to throw away time that they have.
Alcohol is wicked. You have certainly lived it. Congrats on taking the steps you did to turn your life aroundā€¦ enjoy each day. @GOKU2019

DWaRQ8TVMAAWAi2

20 Likes

Iā€™m one week sober today and very grateful for each of those days

18 Likes

Have a good day, rest of your day, evening, whateverā€¦ sober or free of your D or behavior OC, or working towards thatā€¦
and @CATMANCAM ,especially wishing you a nice day with your friendā€¦

have-a-good-day

11 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1489. I hope everybody has a good one!

20 Likes

21 Likes

Day 2303. Same old stuff, different day.

Stay sober friends!

22 Likes

Day 240. Looking forward to some parts coming in today. Cant put them on yet but it will still be exciting. And then idk after work not sure yet, im doing pretty good. Have not actually hit a workout in a few days. But much love

19 Likes

Thank you for your kind words. And yes youā€™re right, I have to fill the void with something. That books sounds interesting!

And thank you for your advice about how to cope with pain. Lots of love!

7 Likes