Checking in daily to maintain focus #68

Thank you for your concerning. I have also slept quit a lot because I’m so tired all the time. But this phase will pass.

When my cravings hit, I’ll go for a run or a long walk, watch movies/series a lot. I’m also reading a lot. But it’s quite hard to concentrate on anything because my monkeymind goes so crazy and wild. I will meditate tonight before going to bed. Meditation also helps me. One day at a time.

6 Likes

So happy for you, amigo, and what a huge accomplishment to reach that 1K! You truly turned your life around and I commend you for doing it for all the right reasons, most especially for YOU. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Big hugs!

9 Likes

Thank you so much for the encourament! We all got this. And I’m so glad to know we’re all in this together.

7 Likes

Hey, Thanks! This one is really helpfull when I have anxiety attacks, when I have other anxiety its all building up in my head and physicall symptoms and I dont know or find ways thats helpfull. I do feel a bit better now :heart:

10 Likes

Checking in. I had a few rough days due to some complications after surgery, but I’m fine already enjoying the last childfree days as my kids are spending some time at their grandparents’. I guess I’m at the point where I’m starting to be fed up with isolation and starting to feel a real need for connection. I made some steps, connected my two buddies, we may meet in person too, went to the cinema last night and made a list in my head about the things that feel right for me to do for opening up. Sometimes it feels so simple, other times feels the hardest thing to do. I can’t wait to start going for runs again, I might start next week if I feel alright. I’m having doubt about registering on facebook again. There are some groups that have regular meet-ups and they announce the time and place on social media, also sometimes you must apply there to attend. These meet-ups would be a good way to socialize, but I don’t miss social media at all and don’t want to end up using that again. I was never scrolled there for hours, never really used that, however it would feel like a complication, a step back from my partly cleaned up life.

19 Likes

So true. All I can do right now is focus on my health. Plus, knowing that alcohol can trigger a switch getting flipped (in terms of mental illness/psychosis) helps keep me sober. Thank you :pray:t2:

Day 90
Proud of myself for getting to this point.
Another early work day (bartending is super fun because there’s no consistent work schedule. I can be scheduled 5pm to 1am one day, then 9am-5pm the next. Doesnt make it easy to have a consistent sleep schedule). Only got 3.5 hours of sleep before my shift yesterday, was so tired I was falling asleep on the way to and from work. Also almost got into an accident because of it. Zoned out without realizing it, looked up and was about to rear end the car in front of me that had significantly slowed down for whatever reason. Thankfully my cars automatic brakes saved it from happening.
Went home and took a 4 hour nap, woke up at 11 pm, then after a few hours I went back to sleep for another few hours. I do feel better and glad I got that extra sleep. Still not fully rested but it is what it is. I’d love to just sleep for like 10 hours straight tonight (I have another early work day tomorrow, and a double shift), the hard part is going to be staying awake for a few hours after work to avoid the broken-up sleep two days in a row.

Still haven’t been to muay thai. Trying not to beat myself up over it. Priorities (like sleep and taking care of mental health) are priorities for a reason. Plus it’s not like its my job, or like I’m trying to be a professional muay thai fighter. If I can’t be there, its okay. Just trying to shake the guilt. Also doesn’t help that today is the 1 year anniversary of when I started. :melting_face:

Hoping work will go quickly, smoothly and mostly stress-free today.

I also have been looking on Zillow at houses and theres one I’m really interested in. Only thing is my funds are down lately and I would ideally like to buuld up more savings before committing to something. That being said, this house is really affordable, much cheaper than I expected. (Which could also be a red flag, but, yknow.) Debating going and looking at it just for shits and giggles.

Hope all of you are doing well.

15 Likes

Congratulations on 90 days!

3 Likes

@Jeanine congratulations on 2+ months :tada::confetti_ball: the sugar cravings at the beginning are normal and do taper off as your body adjusta to no alcohol. Glad you are doing well and getting a healthy routine started. Glad you are able to be there for your dad and that PT is helping
@DanaM56 good luck with the move. Glad you are starting fresh with a new space. Totally think some places zap energy and can make you ill. A brand new place for your next chapter :people_hugging:
@GOKU2019 thank you for sharing your story with us friend. A remarkable journey and a clear reminder of why sobriety is the answer. Quadruple digits tomorrow :tada::confetti_ball::tada:. Super happy for you
@CATMANCAM bullies suck and can FRO! Sorry that you have to deal with such people. Hugs my friend. You are a beautiful soul. I hope your tooth starts to feel better soon. Oh I love that you are meeting with a friend today… hope you have a wonderful time :people_hugging:
@Baseline congrats on your 2 months :clap:t4::confetti_ball::tada:
@Dan.h84 way to go Dan! Congratulations on your 1 week of sobriety :tada::tada::muscle:t4:
@MrMoustache oh that’s good…glad you are finding ways to keep yourself busy. That monkey brain is the worst. It does get quieter as we stack up the days. Keep at it friend…you are doing great :muscle:t4:
@Tomek sorry about the complications from surgery. Grateful you are healing and doing better. Glad you are getting out and connecting. I do hate how some of these meet ups require social media to connect. Hope you can find a way to use it for just that and turn off all other notifications (not sure if that’s a possibility).
@wahtisnormal 90 days!!! You rock Zoe :hugs: glad you are ok and were able to avoid the accident. It is ok to prioritize your sleep and mental health. I know you’ll get back to the things you love in time. ODAAT :muscle:t4:
@Pattycake my party hats on :partying_face:. Ready to celebrate you and your amazingness … congratulations on your 1 year of sobriety :tada: :tada: :partying_face: :muscle:t4::heart:
CA58A138-901F-4786-B03B-758AA0FD4CEA

Checking in on Friday
Got my walk in and then the rain started so will have to skip swimming. Feeling a bit worn out anyways so resting now and will see how the day progresses.
Wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day… sending you all so much love :heart::heart:

20 Likes

Day 133

Friday. Feeling rested. I am getting better. My life is opening up a bit, and I feel less like an alien :alien:

When I was drinking I always felt like an outsider. Over time, that feeling grew. And at the end of my drinking I was so sick of it! It was exhausting. At the end there was a ‘them’ out there and they were best avoided.

Now, I’m not the most peopley person, but it feels like just people now. I can speak to them! Usually they just say something about the weather. And we smile and go on. It’s normal life. I’m not normally afraid to speak. Drinking made me so paranoid that I didn’t want to even speak to a jolly elderly man walking a little white dog!. I would wave and quickly exit. Now I think of ‘them’ as my neighbors. I will roll out the bins in my pajamas and the walkers come by wanting to talk at 630 am. So what? They’re just people. Sometimes they’re funny. Hungover I would have been mortified! Now I talk with messed up hair. I don’t care, they’re just people. Someone, in person, needs to agree with me that it’s too damn hot. On the regular. I live alone. Validate. :laughing:

Exercise, cleaning and therapy work. I might cook something.

:heart:

24 Likes

Lovely post! So much I can relate to, especially the alien part!:pray::disguised_face:

6 Likes

Congratulations on one year @Pattycake !!!

Have a fabulous day♥️

3 Likes

Thank you Patty :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks, @Lighter and @JazzyS ! Yes!!! Today is the day!! I feel so blessed to have found this place and to be part of such a beautiful community. So many amazing people to thank. :heart_hands::love_you_gesture:t3::pray:

8 Likes

Checking out day 116 have a great weekend everyone!

16 Likes

Patty, you were the first person to post to me when I first got here, and I’m so glad you did. It made a great impression on me. Thank you!

4 Likes

Gosh! :blush: well, this place is amazing. I remember very well when I first posted, the support I received was such a great comfort. This community is such an important tool for us all! And keep on trucking, Marie, you are doing great!!:peace_symbol::peace_symbol:

6 Likes

Congratulations!

7 Likes

Day 1301,

Some fears kicking my butt, but I’ll keep on moving. My tendency to pick the negative is noticeable, but like my sponsor says “ppp”, practice, practice and practice. Lazy day so far, but that’s fine with this weather. Having diner soon and then off to a Recovery Dharma meeting and going out afterwards.

16 Likes

Checking in, 96 days sober.
I’ll stay sober today, too.
Have a good one everyone. ODAAT.

17 Likes

@JazzyS thank you again! You are such a lovely person!!!
Day 14 today, I walked for two hours and I visited a Church

8 Likes