Checking in daily to maintain focus #68

Good morning

I am awake alone in the house so I think I’ll go back to sleep with the rest of the house.

:slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

I cant talk long because i have to go to a dentist appointment now

Do you really think that or do you think your craving?

5 Likes

@JazzyS thank you :blush: I mamaged to just watch 1 episode, then got 3hrs sleep, which isn’t great but atleast I made it to my appointment :sweat_smile:
@wahtisnormal ugh, that sucks, I’m sorry about the delays and subsequent re-scheduling of your plans. I hope you’ve made it to Peru by now :crossed_fingers:t2::four_leaf_clover: congrats on triple digits :100: :tada:
@DanaM56 congrats on 400+ days :tada:
@Chevy55 congrats on 200 days :tada:
@Mossy91 congrats on double digits :tada:
@MrMoustache I’m sorry for your doctor’s remark, I hope you made it through your cravings :crossed_fingers:t2:
@Seb sending strength 🩵
@Noshame congrats on 80 days nic-free :tada: and 40 days no marijuana :tada: good luck at the dentist :crossed_fingers:t2::four_leaf_clover::grimacing:
@Nordique congrats on 1500 days :tada:
@Whereswaldo I hope your son feels better soon 🩵

10 Likes

@Refreshedperspective congrats on 30 days :tada:
@AdultImprover congrats on 30 days :tada: and getting another interview :clap:t2:
@Juli1 block him :no_entry_sign: you don’t need his sh*t draggong you down like this :people_hugging: sending strength 🩵

1443 days no alcohol.
908 days no cocaine.
423 days no vape.
14 days no takeaways.
10 days no sugar.
3 days no binge-eating.

I went to my rehab appointment for my back, explained about the new pains, and return of original pains, and about the walk I used to do in 35mins taking me 2hrs and 20mins, and how much pain I was in that I had to sit on the floor if there wasn’t a bench nearby. She gave me some exercises to do on my bed, because I said I am finding it very difficult to get down to and up from the floor. She’s referred me back to the physio who referred me to her, so he can assess and see if my back responds to some hands-on treatment, and to make onwards referrals. I’ve already got the appointment scheduled for the 5th Aug.

I’ve decided to aim for 5K steps per day, to try to build up my back’s tolerance. I managed to walk from the rehab clinic to the bus station after my appointment. Then I got off the bus at the shopping centre nr me then walked home from there too.

I spent the afternoon trying to read but kept falling asleep (only slept 3hrs Mon night), so didn’t do any reading again.

Did some meditations.

Very nearly had a f**k it moment when the ice cream van came round, but I hid from my window where it parks outside and plays it’s obnoxiously loud tunes, and eventually it moved on. It’s my fault for going out to it every single day it came round last year, but I’d have thought it would habe gotten the hint by now, it’s been coming round since March. I’m on double digits for no sugar now so I don’t want to reset.

I fell asleep very early last night at around 7:30pm, Wolfie woke me up at 1:38am for their breakfast. I usually take my meds then too, but I forgot and wasn’t quite with it after a bad dream, so then I ended up sleeping until an alarm I didn’t set woke me up at 10am! Then I was in a bad mood, a world of pain, and now have a bad migraine.

This morning I had a Zoom meeting with the Safe Soulmates local facilitator and a new volunteer who is going to do some 1:1s with me to go for walks at my old favourite walking place. The facilitator is going to join us for the first one on the 14th of August, then we’ll go from there. So I have even more motivation to build my back up to walking for longer again before then.

I’m in a better mood now but still have the migraine and feel so nauseous, I’ve taken some pain relief and an anti-sickness pill and that should settle it hopefully.

For the rest of the day; morning routine, some reading, meditations, walking, and catching-up on the 3 episodes I’m behind on of the show I’m watching.

🩵

17 Likes

Thanks for this . What a wonderful way to live life .I’m going to write this out and put it on my wall

5 Likes

Thanks mate, hope your migraine goes away :pray: great job rejecting the ice cream man!

3 Likes

Thanks! I got through cravings and now I’m feeling better. Day 16 and still sober. Yay!

5 Likes

Day 30 something

Good morning everyone yesterday was a pretty decent day it wasn’t to cold or too hot work went pretty good
I ordered a new diy heat pump/central air unit but all things considered it’s been pretty good :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

:heart: Thank you sweet friend
I will try to hit some lanes.
Sober for sure.

Edit. Wasn’t able to drive coz of tears. Back in bed.

6 Likes

No craving at all.
Depression, anxiety, disappointed.

7 Likes

111 days sober
I had some really terrible dreams last night. I woke up anxious and on edge. I tried to work it out this morning with some exercise and a long walk which helped some but still just wasn’t in the best of moods. I managed to hold myself together though and focus on getting some solid work done. I’m still finishing up on a translation project and I’m happy with the outcome. But I need to plan a few days of traveling for it when it’s all done and finished. Not sure I’m up for another trip yet…but I’ll see how things go. And I did some researching on alcohol recovery materials and have some potential keepers to look more into. So at least I felt productive and got a lot done!
I hope tonight goes better. Sometimes sleep is a scsry place…but it has improved by a lot.

14 Likes

Checking in, 108 days sober. I will stay sober today too. Hope everyone has a good day or night.

11 Likes

I’m gonna catch shit but oh well.

I’m really impressive with your sobriety lately. You should be too.

That being said there’s a reason people suggest waiting a year before dating. Or even longer. You’ve been on this forum a long time and every attempt you’ve made at dating has left feeling miserable. Some have led to relapse.

There will be a time for dating, but clearly that time is not now. Why do you continue to torture yourself by jumping into something too soon?

12 Likes

:waning_gibbous_moon: -21-

When Zarathustra arrived at the nearest town which adjoineth the forest, he found many people assembled in the market-place; for it had been announced that a rope-dancer would give a performance. And Zarathustra spake thus unto the people:

[…] Man is something that is to be surpassed. What have ye done to surpass man?

All beings hitherto have created something beyond themselves: and ye want to be the ebb of that great tide, and would rather go back to the beast than surpass man?

What is the ape to man? A laughing-stock, a thing of shame. And just the same shall man be to the Übermensch: a laughing-stock, a thing of shame.

Ye have made your way from the worm to man, and much within you is still worm. Once were ye apes, and even yet man is more of an ape than any of the apes.

Even the wisest among you is only a disharmony and hybrid of plant and phantom. But do I bid you become phantoms or plants?

[…]

Man is a rope stretched between the animal and the Overman–a rope over an abyss.

[…]

What is great in man is that he is a bridge and not a goal: what is lovable in man is that he is an OVER-GOING and a DOWN-GOING.

I love those that know not how to live except as down-goers, for they are the over-goers.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra

-F.N.

8 Likes

Day 2 after a relapse. I’m struggling with motivation to do anything. My depression has been really bad since Monday.

14 Likes

The only way you’re going to overcome your depression is to stay sober and work on your recovery Sean. Big congrats on making it to day 2. You could do one day, you can do another. I’m glad you’re here. You’re not alone. Keep going.

11 Likes

Checking in day 205 AF :blush:

16 Likes

Checking in on day 1392

18 Likes

I’m back on antibiotics, so I should feel better in a day or two. I did take it easy today.

Love and strength to all of you, my lovely sober tribe :yellow_heart:
:squid:

16 Likes

Thank you for this perspective
@Englishd Derek! :+1:t2:
Sometimes we don’t c our own patterns.
I will get back to pause and just date myself.

176 3rd checkin
I found some peace in nature by walking with some soft music. Feel I cried a lot out now. Somehow cleansing.

Love you guys :heart:

16 Likes