Checking in daily to maintain focus #68

Hope you had restoring :zzz::bed: @Just_Laura @Butterflymoonwoman .Good morning :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

17AF 14C (when I put C itā€™s cannabis) two weeks completely sober THANK MY FREAKING HIGHER POWER and all of my friends on here .you pick me up ,answer my fears and guide me into the light weā€™re all finding .Iā€™m healthier happier and spiritually blessed. Iā€™m doing some free courses over the summer ,today itā€™s exercise with balls and bells :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Iā€™ve not a clue what this is .The closest Iā€™ve come to a gym is sleeping outside one wish me luck :grinning:

13 Likes

Iā€™m here, Iā€™m alive Iā€™m sober and Iā€™m happy.
Day 154.

My Ma and sister is coming today. Itā€™s the biggest street market fair of the year in our village. From the beginning they were supposed to come for a sleepover and a bbq. Then my Ma changed her mind because she didnā€™t want to come when we have a garage sale. Then she changed her mind again and wanted to come for the street market only. At that point we started to talk to my brother in law instead. And now they all are supposed to come for the street market and stay to grill Hamburgers this afternoon.

Ma called yesterday and was almost upset because she thought she was going to bring hamburgers. My sister has ibs and she eats different things all the time. So I explained to Ma that she was the only one who is bringing some food of her own, because itā€™s Impossible for us to keep track on what she can eat at the moment.
Ma seemed a bit calmer about that.

But still, they all give me a headache and makes me nervous. Sleeping was really bad because of that. Itā€™s crazy, I feel crazy Iā€™m nearly 40 and my family makes me anxious.

I just wished it was more Christan feelgood movie and less My big fat Greek wedding over it all. :laughing:

Thatā€™s Folkā€™s :heavy_heart_exclamation:
Wishing yā€™all a wonderful day.

14 Likes

Missed this happy news! Congratulations with your baby girl! :confetti_ball::baby::confetti_ball:

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: . Iā€™m so envious of your street market day , @MrsOdh it sounds an awesome Not so envious of all the planning itā€™s taking you tho lol Good luck have a great time and remember the serenity prayer when you have too :+1:

3 Likes

Wow a big shout out on your 6 month @Juli1
You had so much to deal with Julia. Hope lifeā€™s good on you now :pray::four_leaf_clover::tada::four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

Thank you Claudia, I wouldnā€™t have made it without the support of people like you. You are so caring and cheerful. :four_leaf_clover::kissing_heart::four_leaf_clover:

And what do you think about The Traveller?
I was really worried how a man could breath in that glass cube :see_no_evil::joy:

6 Likes

@MrsOdh Isnā€™t having family just great :wink: I remember when we had some bigger hollidays at my grandparentā€™s house with at least 20 people, usually more. All the fun of it and my grandma always staying on top of everthing and so calm. No idea how she did that. Some magical powers I have definitely not inherited. Although now that I am thinking about it, she actually was raised to manage a big household, so maybe thatā€™s that. Anyways: Enjoy the fair and all the excitement. Life will be boring again pretty soon :smile:
@19801 Big congrats on two whole weeks of complete freedom from substances :tada: :muscle: Great job. Keep it up! And good idea on picking up exercises :+1:
@MrFantastik Enjoy your days off, but not off of burpees :grin:
@Brian1965uk Nice catch there with the numbers :grin: Congrats :partying_face:
@SussexGuy Hope some coolness comes your way :soon:
@Timetochange Great job on staying away from the booze and putting a good rationale for your mind and others. :sunglasses:
@Scorpn Too bad about the interview. All the stress all over again. On the other hand better for the interviewer to be in good health. Fingers crossed your interview goes well :crossed_fingers:
@Just_Laura Did you make the choice for Chinese in your dream? :joy:
@mamador Sending you big hugs :people_hugging: You are such a brave person, not only to confront your own trauma but also being there and supporting your daughter on her journey. Especially with being there to listen to forgiveness given or maybe not. You are a real hero. Thank you so much for sharing how you are stopping the spiral of suffering :superhero: :mending_heart:
@Tragicfarinelli :luggage: :train2: :mountain: :deciduous_tree: :hiking_boot: Have fun!

252 sugar
116 UPF
123 gluten
22 dairy
5 overeating

Last packing and stuff to be done before travels for my daughter today. Iā€™d like to squeeze my monthly review somewhere in. Weather is a bit mixed. Maybe weā€™ll go to the pool later. Recovery Dharma in the evening. Iā€™m planning on taking up the facilitatiorā€™s role on this one in the future. Really love that community.

Staying mindful. Letting life. Today in peace, kindness, and freedom :peace_symbol: :people_hugging: :dove:

17 Likes

Day 7 done one week :+1:thanks to everyone who has helped me to this point

16 Likes

Thanks @acromouse @Lance soooo many congratulations mate ,this was my post one week ago got 14 today :slightly_smiling_face: weā€™ve got this :ok_hand:

8 Likes

Congrats @Lance @19801 @Brian1965uk on your respective milestones.
Day 170
Had a ripper day. Gym with my PT and our little group was ace. I received a round of applause on my weight loss achievements (23.2kg down since Feb) which gave me a huge sense of self confidence and pride.

18 Likes

12 days sober and so grateful to be almost 2 weeks sober :blush:

18 Likes

Your coming after me @Dan.h84 :+1:

3 Likes

Interview at a grocery store. I could use a discount on food with all the kids. Itā€™s near my sisterā€™s house and they have a coffee shop, so I think it would be nice. I would be able to see her more.

11 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1508. I hope everybody has a good one!

14 Likes

Day 8. I should reflect everyday my motivation and why I donā€™t want to relapse again. Emotional and spiritual pain had been a consequence of my bad choices

11 Likes

Day 38 - super super busy week, work is work, but very busy and Iā€™ve got a few plans coming up this weekend too that require some planning, that all on top of dealing with my insurance company for an auto claim and the regular tasks of life I am feeling a bit overwhelmed.

I seem to be staying pretty calm within the storm, and honestly drinking is not something that was crossed my mind a ton, but I want to recognize that I need to be strong and focused on my goals even during these busy times

13 Likes

Checking in day 135.
Our 3 year old met our 3 day old today and it was a great success. He was pleased with her, and loved the big bag of toys he got from her too!

We received our contract price for our knock down rebuild yesterday too, so we need to plan on having a chat about that.
Scary thought doubling our mortgageā€¦ we are so comfortable right now, but our current house is small, old and cold. We did a nice little renovation to it when we moved it, but the windows still leak air, and the cladding is all asbestos, and the roof leaks a little.

If we do the build, we wonā€™t have money for anything really. If we sell and buy elsewhere, to keep a similar mortgage we have to go to a much smaller block size, or live a long way away from our family. Not having a big mortgage means we can do sports for the kids, go on holidays, be stress free essentially. Having the big mortgage removes that ability.

We have been in what feels like a frozen state, not knowing which way to go. I feel like once we sort the house issue out, weā€™ll have a big stress off our shoulders.

12 Likes

@MrMoustache sorry for the overwhelming emotions and depression :people_hugging: sending strength šŸ©µ and congrats on 3 weeks :tada:
@happyfeet congrats on your year :tada::trophy::star2:
@Lighter congrats on 150 days :tada: sending strength šŸ©µ
@Tragicfarinelli I love the new photo of your panthers :heart_eyes: have a nice time at the seaside :sun_with_face:
@Juli1 congrats on 6 months :tada:
@Scorpn I hope your interview goes well when itā€™s rearrangedā€‹:crossed_fingers:t2::four_leaf_clover:
@Jesile wow thats hot! :hot_face: congrats on your week :tada:
@john_connor1337 congrats on 30 days :tada:
@DanaM56 I hope the rest of your move goes okay :crossed_fingers:t2::four_leaf_clover:
@mamador thatā€™s a great thing you are doing for your daughter :people_hugging:šŸ©µ

8 Likes

@19801 congrats on 2 weeks no cannabis :tada:
@Lance congrats on your week :tada:

1450 days no alcohol.
915 days no cocaine.
430 days no vape.
3 days no crisps, no binge-eating.

Monday I meditated, did my morning routine, showered at the very last minute, and went to in-person therapy. The session felt a bit pointless, I didnā€™t talk about anything difficult, just surface level stuff, but maybe some sessions are just like that. Next week I will plan what I might want to talk about. I did 7.5K steps in short bursts whilst out going to therapy and back.

Somehow I did it! I watched the remaining episodes and finals of both shows, without binge-eating! I donā€™t want to reset now Iā€™ve finally got a few days going again. Iā€™m feeling so much better mentally for it. I think my mind must have finally had enough, because I havenā€™t had many cravings yet. I hope this continues, because it really is a new kind of peace. :raised_hands:t2:

Yesterday I visited my SIL and nieces, so that was nice. :blush: We sat in their garden in the Sun, itā€™s the first time Iā€™ve sat in the Sun this year, and today I am quite pink, I didnā€™t know weā€™d be sitting outside else I would have applied sunscreen.

I forgot to take my morning meds when I fed the cats at 2am this morning, so I am not very with-it today. I also had a very bad using nightmare, in a foreign country, trying to organise everyoneā€™s plans and find a new hotel because the one weā€™d booked was cancelled. The only one with rooms available stole all of my meds off me, so I was quickly losing my sanity, and right at the end of the dream my ex best friend spiked me with cocaine and I literally could feel the addiction waking back up inside me, thatā€™s when I woke up, it was such an awful and terrifying feeling.

With my next tenancy inspection on the 8th Aug, thereā€™s lots I need to do, but Iā€™m not committing to anything today, because every time I do I seem to fail. So letā€™s seeā€¦

šŸ©µ

20 Likes