Do I feel slightly better? Mmm. I’m that stage where I really can’t tell. Anyway, I think I have 12% less mucus. Maybe 13%?
Let’s Monday regardless.
Do I feel slightly better? Mmm. I’m that stage where I really can’t tell. Anyway, I think I have 12% less mucus. Maybe 13%?
Let’s Monday regardless.
Day 80
3 days in a row going to the gym has definitely helped with everything. @acromouse Spinning used to be my jam but for now I am walking on the treadmill and cycling. After about 15 years of not moving at all I think I would not be able to walk to my car or drive home if I took a spinning class!
In another week or so I will book an induction and have a look at all the fancy machines they have around the place! Maybe even put some wine money towards a session or two with a personal trainer so I don’t get on them upside down and end up on youtube or instagram.
I barely think about drinking at the moment. Very fleeting thoughts and not even every day. Putting the effort into recovery instead of drinking really does work. I am finding a comfortable flow to life that feels good and ticks all the boxes of what is important to me in the day. I know life has ups and downs but for now I am grateful for a steady flow. Recovery work has become more like a preventative measure than the desperate morning after pill it always used to be.
Lack of sleep and headaches are still a feature. I will take that over passed out and hungover any day. Given the amount of poisoning I was doing to myself it’s going to take a bit of time. Vaping nicotine will be next to go but I am going to get more time alcohol free before we tackle that.
Have a great sober day!
Checking in on day 552…only a couple of days until I get all the 5’s in my count…love me a satisfying number ![]()
The weekend ended up being a stay at home weekend due to energy levels but that’s fine. I got organised around the house and feel good for that.
Currently trying to coax my daughter to get up for school…she only made it 3 out of the last 10 days and I’m determined to try to break this before it becomes an entrenched routine…send me strength friends…I think I’ll need it
![]()
I hope the week starts off okay for you all
![]()
Today is my First day sober from Alcohol. Im 26 years old and drank alcohol for nearly 10 years know. Sometimes more sometimes less.
I dont want that in more, because alcohol makes me slow and im Not reaching my Full Potential. When I am drinking i am 20% of what I Could be. I can not handle it and I should not be drinking.
My longest Time Sober was 30 days, Like 4-5 Months ago. But I wasnt Fully committed, to ditch alcohol forever. It is a Long Time in my mind. I am trying another Time now. If you have any tipps, I would be grateful. Sorry for my Bad english, I am from Germany haha
@SoberOskar Herzlich Willkommen bei TS
Welcome to TS Oskar. There is a lot of ressources here. I will just point you to Resources for our recovery for the beginning. The most important thing for me was: I can not do this alone.
@Dilettante Sending all the strength over to you Kiki. I have a teenager here and sending her to school is a challenge too.
@Lastry I have to admit I never tried spinning. The times when I used to go to the gym were before that became popular around here. I work out at home but sometimes I think about joining a gym just to try out the new stuff. If you are getting into working out back again I can highly recommend the rower. It became my favourite machine after a prolonged bed rest due to an illness. It not only trains your cardio vascular capacity, you’ll also be working far more muscle groups than on a the other machines. And I just love that sliding motion
Anyways, have fun getting back into it.
@Tragicfarinelli So sorry to hear the flu’s got you
Hope you are having plenty of hot tea, are keeping warm and watching calming stuff on the telly.
@Lncy Just out of curiosity: What are you studying?
@s_unrelax Good choice on joining AA. In your country when driving under the influence do you also loose your right to drive for a certain period?
@Sabrina80 Good thing you decided to share your worries with us. It always helps. We are here to listen. We are here for you. Don’t let your worries get under you skin with their stupid talk. You have rights as an employee. If you feel threatened find out what they are. Don’t let your boss treat you like that ![]()
432 sugar
296 UPF
170 gluten/dairy
New Monday, new week. Started my day with my morning meeting, always a great thing.
Send my daughter off to school. I am going to spend my morning on my Breakout clone. I started thinking about my actual game over the weekend. This is a good sign that my mind is getting back into the game. I’ll give it more time and the inspirations will keep coming.
All kinds of stuff to be done in the afternoon. Today I also have some rowing exercises planned.
Today’s picture is a koala my mother saw for the first time in her life as she is visiting Australia right now.
Peace and love always ![]()
They will suspend licence for 6 months
Day 31
Going to get some reindeer food from the store with my fathers cousin. Going to meet the psych nurse today.
Have a good 24
Welcome to the site @SoberOskar !
Checking in on this thread is very helpful for many because you will make friends, have something to look forward to, be accountable, have encouragement and support from others and see how they’re going about their every day. It is every day too. There is a saying ODAAT.
One day at a time. Read, read, read and know you’re doing the best thing you could for yourself. That and stopping smoking if you smoke.
There is nothing good for your body from drinking. I quit at 27 and never regretted it or looked back at all. After a short time, drinking was just 100% off of my brain, after being the central focus in my life for a long time.
Again, welcome.
Read, educate yourself, familiarize yourself w the site. There’s lots of information and lots for diversion to help you not take that next drink.
Lots of Germans and others from around the world here.
422 days
Second day back to work, was busier than yesterday. Definitely felt tired towards the afternoon. Good to be back. I must have been struggling towards Christmas time because at work 1 night was the first time I thought man I should move to a quieter posting and have chill nightshifts and still get paid the same. But now I’ve been off and now back to work I’m glad to be back with my busy crew.
Nightshift tomorrow, maybe after that I’ll change my mind and think I’m too old for this haha give me a quiet crew.
My anniversary of starting work rolled around too while I was off injured. 18yrs now.
Trank you very much!!! Focusing on the first day right now. I know that After day 7 it will become easier. First 3 days are always hard for me because oft anxiety and Bad sleep/sweating. But im trying to do everything a Bit Slower.
Checking in on day
628 no alcohol
136 no form of marijuana including cbd
268 nic free
Got ready for work and I was 15min with some down time
Had some mushroom juice for a boost of confidence. Me and my wife call it happy juice lol
I want to snuggles my wife and baby boy so much
Have a good day
Thank you, my friend! I will definitely dig deep into those questions and reasons, I’m not gonna relapse again.
Day 25
Down with the flu, apparently it’s in fashion these days. Bummer, because I had a lot of appointments and stuff to do today.
Mandatory bed rest for now…
Last night I couldn’t sleep as my brain decided it was necessary to remind myself of all the dangerous situations I got myself in during my drinking days. I wrote them down and that gave me a bit of peace of mind. Thankfully I feel better today and it was nice to read @Butterflymoonwoman 's sweet reply to my post about it.
Not much to do today other than to read, sleep and catch up here. Have a good sober day ![]()
5 days without weed, 2 AF. I slept a lot and now I’m drinking coffee. Still feeling a little bit shaky because of 6 days drinking binge but luckily I don’t have a hangover. Gonna go for a walk soon. I’m glad I survived from my relapse and now I’m ready to fight again and this time I’m not giving up. It’s not an option anymore. Sadly my psych nurse had to cancel today’s meeting and I would’ve really needed her wise words regarding why I relapsed etc. But positive vibrations, no matter what! Have a great sober 24, peeps!
Morning check in on day 32.
Last night was a little restless but slept past my usual internal alarm so at least there is that. The coffee is good this morning and I’m almost motivated enough to get on the treadmill soon. Today is a PA day for my youngest and my older one is on exam break with only one exam today so will be home after writing that. So I was
originally planning on doing some baking with them today but my youngest has been invited to a friends ( currently her only friend) so I obviously I’m letting her go .I’m just grateful she has finally been able to make a friend that adores her for her quirky self. My older one says if the other one doesn’t HAVE TO bake with me then she isn’t either ( she is a teenager so I know better than to take it personally). So I’ll be baking banana bread and banana muffins by myself to use up the banana graveyard I currently have in my freezer
. Also think I’ll make up some beef stew for dinner because I’m on a big comfort food kick right now. Hoping we all make good choices today and have a great sober Monday ![]()
Checking in on day 54!Hope everyone has a good week!
Checking in as I wrap up with 16 days free from weed. I have a crick in my neck, but a lightness in my heart as I find there is so much to be grateful for in my life now. Whereas before I would smoke to try and block the pain, tonight I took a long epsom salt bath. Going to do some yoga, tarot reading and meditation, and attempt to get a good night’s sleep. Tomorrow is a new day. ![]()
When I’d relapse I felt a lot of shame and sometimes dissapeared for months until I felt I was ready to be ‘good’ again. But recovery is just not a straight line. It’s ups and downs, falling and getting up. We get better at it. Dust yourself off and get up on that horse again. Good to see you want to understand what happened. I hope your appointment will be rescheduled soon. We learn alot from these moments.
Thank you for the wise words and encouragement! You’re right, just like life itself ain’t a straight line, then recovery sure isn’t. I’m prepared for a bumpy ride. I’m still pretty shaky but I know these physical symptoms will pass soon.
Happy Monday!
Checking in sober and hangover free. Been tired the last few days and been sleeping in late. Hopefully not coming down with something but probably a good choice to listen to my body and rest just in case.
@Just_Laura i haven’t had a slurpee in years. May need to get one even though its 15 degrees out haha.
MAKE it an awesome day my friends!