Checking in daily to maintain focus #8

Day 45 done :white_check_mark:

11 Likes

This reminds me of another little win. Drunk my health got so bad that I broke into a sweat sitting still if it was even slightly warm or I walked up a flight of stairs.

Today I’m dry as a bone hiking up a mountain and get the chills at times I used to think other people were crazy for complaining about.

Day 567. :v:

14 Likes

Got my chip earlier tonight.

23 Likes

7 Likes
  1. Coffee on my work day. To cheer myself up I just counted the work days till my vacation. 21. Yay. Hm. OK. Not bad. Thinking about the time between today and my last drink actually makes me feel better. Odd thing is that I feel a little bit apprehensive still when ‘never again’ comes up next. Still a morsel of doubt. I’ll just keep going. Keep working my sobriety. I know I need to. Have a good sober and clean weekend all. @ifs Hope you’re asleep now and will wake up feeling a bit better friend.
    The pic is to remind myself and all of us of better times ahead as the weather once again is wet and windy this weekend. Love from Amsterdam.
20 Likes

Day 66. Very meh day, not too good, not too bad. Going forward so that’s always nice

13 Likes

Day 13.
Breakfast and a coffee in bed while everyone else sleeps.
No rush to get up today as there’s no school run and I have no work.
Sounds miserable outside and I’ve got a footy game a bit later on…outdoors.
Have a pleasant Saturday everyone.

9 Likes

Nice picture @Mno! Looking forward to spring too, hate the winter! But within 3 weeks you have nice weather I guess? :grin:

Day 516 :coffee:
Nothing special, another day at work. Looking forward to tomorrow. That’s going to be a onesie day :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: We have storm Dennis tomorrow so I’m going to wave to him from my couch!
Had a conversation about my sobriaty with a new co worker. I’m open about my reasons not to drink anymore, but I found it hard to explain to others and try not to look like an homeless drunk? (I do not want to offend someone with saying that :hugs:). But I think I managed.
dont-be-ashamed-of-your-story-life-quotes-sayings-pictures
Have a great day all of you! 🙋

18 Likes

Day 228! Hoping for a good day. Gonna run some errands and help my sponsor remove a magnet from his hand. We’re in the piercing business so it’s not as weird as it sounds. Or maybe it is :sweat_smile::man_shrugging:
Have a great Sunday everyone!

12 Likes

467 mate that’s great. Sorry to hear your feeling low though. Is that because your sober or life in general? Hope you perk up soon. :+1:

2 Likes

Woken up on day 11,was thinking about the run up to day 1 for me, still scares the crap out of me,today I will not listen to the chatter in my mind and be present in the moment…daily morning ritual of sun salutations is good for me .thanks.x

11 Likes

105 alcohol 65 weed and tobacco… And just for a change, Laura my other half day day 5 weed and tobacco as well. be strong guys and gals. We all only gotta do one thing for one day.

15 Likes

@Sean2 congratulations on 30 days brilliant :slight_smile:

1 Like

Day 15
Hey guys . Yesterday was not a beautiful day. Nothing special happened but I’m into up and down mood … and yesterday was quite down.
As I know that a lot of this depends on me , today I’ll try to do better. Also because these are ( for me) worse moment that could bring me to a relapse . So I must stay focus on my 24 hours , read here , think on minute at a time if needed.
All the best for your sober Saturday friends :heart:

10 Likes

Day 268- saw this and thought of you all

21 Likes

Where is he?? What had happend been Away for a while

Day 80. I think now I’m at this stage with alcohol abstinence I need to get more serious about other issues I have, like compulsive online shopping. I buy stuff I don’t have room for. I send half of it back. I have a hard time OT doing it even though I know it’s dumb. It’s the same impulse in many ways as wanting to be drunk, because it takes some kind of anxiety edge off, so I zone out. It’s so stupid. I need to work on it. Does anyone else have similar issue?

10 Likes

Let’s call it a Freudian typo @SoberWalker. It’s 21 days of work. 39 Days in all till my :rocket: to the :sunny: :sunglasses: :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Go Hazy!!! Yeah

Day 70. Yay for Saturday. And a long weekend here. Those cravings are sneaky on weekends though. Off to a “playdate” for my little guy. A friend from daycare. They plan on marrying they said :joy: first, coffee. His 4am rooster calls scared the life out of me from a deep sleep lol. And some coughing. Hope he’s not getting sick. Sober on, beautiful people

18 Likes