Checking in daily to maintain focus #8

Link to end of last thread for posterity!

Checking in daily to help maintain focus #7

Sober on, champions. :muscle:

7 Likes

105 days. It’s a beautiful sunny day here although it’s like 18 degrees farenheit. Gonna be another wonderful sober Saturday! Put a sober head on your pillow tonight everyone.

10 Likes

Not to shabby. I have managed to buy a car, not commit murder and lost a few lbs

24 Likes

35 Likes

9 months? Hell yes, @AyBee. :partying_face:

5 Likes

It was a rough week for me (lots of discouraging, overwhelmed thoughts, the thoughts, “I should be able to ____”), things like that. But I am coming back and trying to work the problem one step at a time.

1. Feeling overwhelmed. I’m going to write a to-do list on paper & check it off daily. I’ve combined this with a sketch pad - I can sketch & soothe my worries with the same book!
  2. Feeling discouraged at the end of the day because I haven’t accomplished the tasks I set for myself. I’m going to plan my calendar for next week so that I have my least-interesting tasks first. That means once those are done I can go a bit more with what I feel like doing for the rest of the day.
  3. I’ve been having weekly meetings with my colleagues which has helped me feel on the same page about what I should be doing with my time. That’s a step forward!

Will report back on this when I check in next. :innocent:

16 Likes

@SaltyChick

20 Likes

@Mno (8mons), @TeejLazer (200 days), @MandiH (700 days), @Fireweed (16 mons) and @AyBee (9 mons) :confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball: Congrats on the great milestones you’re truly inspiring. Keep on stacking them days.
Blessings and sobriety y’all!
:sparkling_heart:

27 Likes

Congrats, 9 months is great !

1 Like

Congratulations @AyBee 9 months yaaaay :heart_eyes::confetti_ball::tada:
@Fireweed dear Hanna congratulations on 16 months :tada::confetti_ball:

4 Likes

… and you get a “Great Reply” badge at some point :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Day 184.
Last days at home. Kidfree weekend so instead of breaking my head over my silly mind, spending some quality time with the wife while I still can :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Checking in. I am thinking about getting to 90 days. I don’t want to obsess about it and then feel I’m done once I get there or start getting complacent. Need to be in today, another non drinking day.

13 Likes

Day 4 almost done,.very difficult 2 days back at work but I did it, keep reminding myself of days before day 1… looking forward to bed and sleep.:pray:

14 Likes

One day at a time. The most important day is today.

3 Likes

You will also accumulate some badges for the topic and all the likes and replies.

3 Likes

1 week sober and feeling good. :blush:
I love that my weekends last longer when I’m not blacking out and wasting my time being a drunk idiot.

12 Likes

My first week is officially at midnight.
Feeling much more relaxed not nursing hangovers daily.
I’m a lot more tolerant of things too.
Early nights are helping, speaking of which… Zzzzzzzz

17 Likes

Wow @AyBee, when did you rack up so many days? I remember when you were waiting for a spot at the recovery center. And here you are now. Congratulations :confetti_ball::balloon::tada:!!!

@Hazy
Great job on 4 days!!! I know it is hard right now, but keep hanging on. One day at a time and don’t over think it.

@Peeceeuk
Great job on your first week. Keep fighting one day at a time.

1 Like