Checking in daily to maintain focus #8

Link to end of last thread for posterity!

Checking in daily to help maintain focus #7

Sober on, champions. :muscle:

9 Likes

105 days. It’s a beautiful sunny day here although it’s like 18 degrees farenheit. Gonna be another wonderful sober Saturday! Put a sober head on your pillow tonight everyone.

10 Likes

Not to shabby. I have managed to buy a car, not commit murder and lost a few lbs

29 Likes

34 Likes

9 months? Hell yes, @AyBee. :partying_face:

6 Likes

It was a rough week for me (lots of discouraging, overwhelmed thoughts, the thoughts, “I should be able to ____”), things like that. But I am coming back and trying to work the problem one step at a time.

1. Feeling overwhelmed. I’m going to write a to-do list on paper & check it off daily. I’ve combined this with a sketch pad - I can sketch & soothe my worries with the same book!
  2. Feeling discouraged at the end of the day because I haven’t accomplished the tasks I set for myself. I’m going to plan my calendar for next week so that I have my least-interesting tasks first. That means once those are done I can go a bit more with what I feel like doing for the rest of the day.
  3. I’ve been having weekly meetings with my colleagues which has helped me feel on the same page about what I should be doing with my time. That’s a step forward!

Will report back on this when I check in next. :innocent:

15 Likes

@Salty

26 Likes

@Mno (8mons), @TeejLazer (200 days), @MandiH (700 days), @Fireweed (16 mons) and @AyBee (9 mons) :confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball: Congrats on the great milestones you’re truly inspiring. Keep on stacking them days.
Blessings and sobriety y’all!
:sparkling_heart:

28 Likes

Congratulations @AyBee 9 months yaaaay :heart_eyes::confetti_ball::tada:
@Fireweed dear Hanna congratulations on 16 months :tada::confetti_ball:

3 Likes

… and you get a “Great Reply” badge at some point :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Checking in. I am thinking about getting to 90 days. I don’t want to obsess about it and then feel I’m done once I get there or start getting complacent. Need to be in today, another non drinking day.

13 Likes

Day 4 almost done,.very difficult 2 days back at work but I did it, keep reminding myself of days before day 1… looking forward to bed and sleep.:pray:

14 Likes

One day at a time. The most important day is today.

4 Likes

You will also accumulate some badges for the topic and all the likes and replies.

3 Likes

1 week sober and feeling good. :blush:
I love that my weekends last longer when I’m not blacking out and wasting my time being a drunk idiot.

13 Likes

My first week is officially at midnight.
Feeling much more relaxed not nursing hangovers daily.
I’m a lot more tolerant of things too.
Early nights are helping, speaking of which… Zzzzzzzz

17 Likes

Wow @AyBee, when did you rack up so many days? I remember when you were waiting for a spot at the recovery center. And here you are now. Congratulations :confetti_ball::balloon::tada:!!!

@Hazy
Great job on 4 days!!! I know it is hard right now, but keep hanging on. One day at a time and don’t over think it.

@Peeceeuk
Great job on your first week. Keep fighting one day at a time.

1 Like

Well into day 19

5 mile walk, coffee, bike ride in the snow (good except for my feet), cleaning, went to an Addias company store sale. My company was invited to shop in the employee store. Everything was 50% of retail, so I purchased a few items.

Now walking downtown for a bite to eat. Ruth’s Chris has great food prices from 4:30 to 6:30. Then walk home work and then bed. Have a great Saturday everyone!!!

17 Likes

LOVE Ruths Chris. Enjoy!! :+1::heart_eyes:

2 Likes