Checking in daily to maintain focus #8

Great numbers everyone! Keep up the great work and the struggle.

I’m on day 31. I’ve passed 4 weeks and going on to 5. Five weeks is the longest I’ve ever gone my adult life without a drink. That was 10 years ago. If I can get through the next few days, and I’m confident I can, I don’t even know what I’m going to think when I’m entering the 6 week phase.

10 Likes

It is not a struggle. What are You talking about? :thinking:
Just doing what’s right and healthy :innocent:

Yes, I’m good Joost! A little bit crancy because I have to work extra again because of another co worker being sick. Worked a lot lateley because of other co workers being sick. It’s an epidemic in my team :cry: I like Katwijk a lot! Lived there for a half a year when I was 17 years old. Did an internship overthere. Loved the beach, not the (in my opinion) very short minded religic people :pensive:

1 Like

Unfortunately yesterday I relapsed after 19 days without alcohol .
I can’t understand what happened. In few minutes my mind had a blackout and all I can’t think nothing except having a beer.
I can’t understand because till yesterday no need to drink at all, than in few minutes I was in a bar ready to drink and can’t think to nothing else than having something to drink.
So sorry about this. I think I have to change something in my strategy as I was totally without any resistance during that “orribile 5 minutes”.
In case someone has some advice about how to menage craving please let me know.
Today no alcohol , so start again from day one.
Thanks for your help , I must put more energy and restart . Hugs to all

11 Likes

11 Likes

Thanks!
Yes I’m going to AA but once a week. May be I must increase meetings per week…? I think so.
Not easy because of work , but I think I must find a solution , may be I ‘d like to try online meetings when I can’t go there in order to have more chances. :sweat:

3 Likes

I found myself arguing with myself. Almost physically, to stop myself in the early days.
It’s best, at first to eat, sleep and shit sobriety. It was the main thing on my mind for a couple of months. That and changing my mind set
If this means going to more AA meetings, spending every waking hour on here whatever.
Because this won’t be the last time that your addict brain is going to try it on.
Next time, be ready to fight back. I promise you, once you realise that you can fight back, it’s a kind of defining moment.

13 Likes

Thanks🙏 @anon12657779

1 Like

I’m with Geo here. It’s having the right mind set but I 'm not quite sure how to get there. Your sobriety is the most important thing in your life right now. And talk to your peers when you’re craving. We’re here. AA is there. But it’s you who has to reach out. Instead of reaching out to a bottle reach out to your fellows. It’s not even that we can talk you out of it, it’s knowing you are not alone. It helps. Also coming here or coming to AA after you drank defeats the purpose of it all. We’re here to help you not to drink. You can do this. Let’s do this together.

8 Likes

t Strand is prachtig de zee is machtig. Katwijk itself hm. I’m fine thanks Joost. Enjoy the wind blowing your worries away for a bit.

Day 320. TFSMIF.

10 Likes

Don’t! Breath in…breath out…
Repeat! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

@ifs feel the same. I got some new classes at work, simply right place, right time, no interview. The boss said ‘lets do peer class observation’ I was shitting myself, so sure he would watch my class, see I was a rubbish teacher, and fire me. Of course, as a more experienced teacher, he had some pointers, but also praised a lot, and even worksheets I would be embarrassed to share at a meeting (assuming they are nothing groundbreaking) he was encouraging me to share to the google drive group. Imposter syndrome is a HUGE thing for me, describes how I feel about all my roles in life.

7 Likes

I’m feeling better. Your post is amazing. The step pdf was also. I appreciate your thinking of me today. It’s hard to think about how alcohol and drugs have affected my life. I’ve worked really hard on my anger issues. Lots of therapy in my past and I believe in it. Just too bad I used scripts and alcohol through it all. I’m grateful I’m still alive. I actually ran into a schoolmate years ago and they said “wow, I wondered if you were still alive”. Apparently I’m not completely aware nor did I really care at the time how others saw me. I only cared about maintaining a level of peace and numbness within my own skin. As much as I thought I was able to put my past behind me it is becoming relevant I am no where near moving forward. It’s as if sober must become a do over. I think that’s why this is so hard. It’s 5 decades. That’s like looking up Mount Everest. I think if I could get one line out maybe it would flow out. I’m closer today than yesterday. But I don’t think it will happen today. I’m sober. Ugh. Your very very kind. Thank you so much

5 Likes

Day 25. Slept almost 10 hours last night but felt drained all day. I dont know if my self isolation has something to do with it, but I cant go out by myself during the week. That’s how I got in this situation in the first place. I hope this feeling passes quick. On to day 26.

13 Likes

Day 4, just checking in.

11 Likes

checking in, day 79.

I’ve not been craving for 3 days. I can smell the 90 and 100 day marks being that they’re so close at hand. I’m not blowing this! A part of me actually fears success. That can make milestones very tricky for me. I know that if I act out, I’m coming back here. I’ll be getting more help. I won’t be giving up, ever!

So knowing that, why should I act out to begin with?

24 Likes

Probably, that’s all we did in the UP. It’s pretty much Canada up there lol

Checking in on day 46. Wondering when my mood will improve or if I am stuck with this new shitty version of myself. When confiding in my fiance about it he said “What? The old version of you was pretty shitty, I like the new version.” Haha… he said I should cut back on the coffee and give myself some rest days. He is going to make a great nurse some day.

Swam laps yesterday for 30 minutes. Totally new thing. I might incorporate that once a week. Its complete mindfulness in the water. Anyway thats about it, happy sober Thursday! :heart::heart::heart:

15 Likes

Well done. Nailing it :muscle::muscle::muscle: