Checking in daily to maintain focus #8

Checking in, slowly feeling better. First PTSD therapy appointment this morning. We’ll see how that goes.

Went and toured/picked out my new apartment building uptown yesterday. Beautiful city view. I’m waiting for the side of building I want along with floor preference, so it will be a few months until one opens up. But I’m excited.

My legs were nice to me at the gym yesterday, thank God. I was getting nervous. But I felt great and ran like the wind :nerd_face:

16 Likes

3 more days and im @150 i think :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

That last part is true “the blacksocks” community is still present but time moves on and so at this times its not that bad anymore and also there’s more understanding between the hardcore goddies and the other ones…(with the human gossiping off course :joy:)
They dont shung people anymore for working sunday or open up the store. But the beach from Katwijk to Noordwijk 6km is my daily strawl with Nala when im up here.
Fijne dag topper

8 Likes
  1. Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
    Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way.
    Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
    Waiting for someone or something to show you the way.

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it’s sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older,
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time.
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone, the song is over,
Thought I’d something more to say.

17 Likes

Thank you Conor :point_down:

1 Like

@Girlinterrupted good to hear you feeling better, looks like some positive events will be happening as well apartment sounds fab. Good luck with appointment. I love the gym (after) it makes me feel so much better. Have a good day

1 Like

Hello checking in on day 32.

Another observation, when I was drinking I never slept well and felt “yack” all day but could get up to an alarm. But since I not drinking, having great sleeps, but despite two alarms - dont hear them!! sleeping longer each morning, hope this is an adjustment period, as having no job at the moment its not causing me issues, but when I am back in work may need a siren style alarm to get me up.

Some great days @Joy @Just_Laura @C_8 @SoberWalker @bikethief @Fargesia_murielae @ifs @Fargesia_murielae @Mno. Apologies if I missed anyone, lots of posts and limited on tags.

@GVLNative good luck on your challenge sounds brutal, and enjoy day 32 with me :slight_smile:

@Alfa07 hope you feeling better

To all have a great day with strength :pray: Better get back to the job boards !

20 Likes

Day 163. Still have the “meh” feeling about life right now. I’m sober. That’s good. But I seem to have lost all motivation for everything else in life. I just go through the motions every day. Doing the bare minimum I need to get through. Always just counting down the time when I can go to bed. I think this is officially the “Wall” phase. I need to watch that Roadmap video again. Off to work I go again today. Really don’t want to. But I need the money :dollar: so I go. Stay strong everyone! Please keep sharing your stories and experiences. They really do help.

20 Likes

16 Likes

Today feels like a Tool day. Day 26.

7 Likes

Thank you for the chuckle this morning. I wanna be Bradley’s sponsee too. Pls give him my info. :rofl: :joy:
Btw… love the number. You’re doing great sister. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Big Congrats on hitting triple digits Laura! You’re working so hard and it’s paying off big time. :hugs:

1 Like

Thank you sister :kissing_heart:

I’ve just left him another VM. I don’t think 12 is too many over a few hours, right?!! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Just celebrated 1 year of sobriety on 2/18! Pretty good feeling amongst other confusing feelings but it seems that’s how this journey goes. Every day is different and there’s always something new I’m figuring out about myself.

I do know I need to keep doing what I’m doing because all of it is working :raised_hands:t2::blush::tada:

26 Likes

Oooh thank you Siand!:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Just keep doing your stuff Conor. You’re doing great. Life has a tendency to happen right. It makes me happy to see you happy :sunglasses: :hugs: :crazy_face: :+1:

1 Like

Yes, I had to give up years ago trying to follow everyone’s check ins…so many people…and more added all the time!

2 Likes

Second check in although, fairly sure my first one was just lyrics to a Pink Floyd song. To be honest, I’m so fucking enraged at absolutely everything right now that the smallest thing is just going to tip me over the edge and I’ll end up tearing into whatever or whomever that is so I shan’t be posting much for a few weeks, I dont think. I don’t feel any compassion for anyone or anything whatsoever right now other than cold hard straight talking common sense and seriously tough love and my spidey senses tell me that theres not a whole lot of room for cold-blooded tough love to sorta channel that into at the moment…so I best just not.

8 Likes

Day 213. Bellybutton birthday. Took today off work, crushed the gym this morning, bought a sweet new juicer, got some glass meal prep containers (trying to get away from using so much plastic), and slightly more excited about tonight’s show.

Killing. It. ODAAT.

Have a strong day!!!

26 Likes

Huge Congrats on 1 year Amy!!!

You need to treat yourself for this nice accomplishment. :hugs:

1 Like

Many thanks!!!

1 Like