Checking in daily to maintain focus #8

That takes guts! Way to take care of yourself!

1 Like

Checking in day 4 :white_check_mark: my weekend starts today :confetti_ball:Enjoying a couple cups of coffee then going to hit the tredmill. Going to get 20k steps everyday this weekend. Off to the grocery store after that for ingredients to make carbonara then plans to veg on the couch in pjs and watch a movie. Staying focused on the task at hand. Well wishes to all :blush::yellow_heart::sparkles:

14 Likes

28 Likes

Day 2.
Thanks friends for lots of words received , itā€™s a big encouragement.
Todayā€™s better than yesterday.
Happy to be here with you :blush:

15 Likes

Day 52ā€¦checking in friendsšŸ˜Š

16 Likes

16 days 20 hours,battered and bruised! A gruelling, challenging day for the children and I on big slopes,falling down,getting up again and still back at the apartment with smiles on our faces,last day tomorrow,I hope for the physical strength for all of us to have a nice last day on top of the piste to the bottomā€¦itā€™s been hardcore tough but incredible :dizzy::sparkles::mountain_snow:ā€¦thought about drinking but I think I just wanted to numb the bruises!!..so thought went by pretty quickly!:joy::skier::skier::skier:

12 Likes

Checking inā€¦ feeling very bored after a week hard work. Netflix and chill at this moment.

Wish you all a sober and clean day.

Stay strong!

16 Likes

Happy birthday dude! When I put my music app on random, your band comes up from time to time, and Iā€™m like, ā€˜hey, I kinda know that guyā€¦ā€™

:metal::metal:

1 Like

Check in Day 47! Going to Omaha Nebraska tomorrow. Trying to be positive about it. Downloading some podcasts and dying my hair atm. Trying not to stay a ā€œdry drunkā€ā€¦ Despite my cold I have powered through yoga, spin class, and swimming this week. Ive taken my daughter to story time, the park, church, swim lessons. Done some shopping. I have every reason to be happy, and I am sober!! I can smell, taste, breathe and feel. Life is not passing me by. What a blessing. Not saying its easy, but its worth it. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

17 Likes

Day 44!
Life is happening in such a clear way for me. I am on the right path!
Iā€™m grateful. Iā€™m happy.
I may not check in everyday but Iā€™m glad you all are here.
Thank you!

Have good weekend!

17 Likes

Day 5, planned out my weekend and that helps me from getting restless so much, I need to always do this!!

15 Likes

Check in~ Still recovering from foot surgery! Sooo very tired of Netflix. I found some couch exercises to do with a light weight on my left leg and the cam boot on my right leg. Looked for a different job, which has been interesting and enlightening. I need to find something less insane. Listened to this man on YouTube :rofl: Hal Elrod on Impact Theory talk about controlling your emotions, a morning routine, positive thinkingā€¦it was great! Iā€™m going to order his book Miracle Morning (I think thatā€™s what itā€™s called). I truly loved that interview!
My husbandā€™s aunt is dying so I am going to use my scooter to support my husband and accompany him up to the nursing home. 18 days free from alcohol, by the grace of God!!!

13 Likes

day 6 done. this will be my first week sober (in 2020) from weed and alchol (even if iā€™m not addicted to it, my real problem is weed)
i am experiencing symptoms of withdrawal but iā€™m staying strong and iā€™ve got my families support and medication to help me with my mental health. i am grateful and overall proud of myself

16 Likes

This is so good to see!

2 Likes

Good for you Aly!

It sounds like youā€™re feeling the recovery. These are good first steps as your body purged out the toxins.

Support is important to get through the tough times. There are some tough roads coming ahead. Do you have a group - even an online one - you can access?

There are online meeting spaces at www.InTheRooms.com & there is online support at www.WomenForSobriety.org - what do you think about making some contacts there?

3 Likes

Life isnt easy but alcohol and drugs arenā€™t the solution it just makes things worse never better. Thank you God for my life today.

21 Likes

Day 221. I had a rough day at work yesterday. Iā€™m getting nervous about coming of meds now. I heard the familiar calling of the abyss after some rough moments yesterday, and have no interest in experiencing all that again everyday. I feel sharper but also unstable and easily pulled off balance emotionally. Itā€™s a three day weekend so hopefully by Tuesday I will settle down. Thanks for being here everyonešŸ˜Š

22 Likes

Check in #2. I came real close to going to the bar after work and errands. Kept with the program and came home afterwards. Yeesh that was close.

14 Likes

So glad to see this number @KevinesKay! Well done.

3 Likes

20 days sober today :sparkling_heart:

19 Likes