Checking in daily to maintain focus #85

Hi Kevin! Glad you’re here! Good luck on your journey, and rebuilding. Sounds like you have a great sense of awareness about your life situation. I think you’ll get a lot out of checking in here regularly.

6 Likes

Merrage is forever
Dating is for anyone

I work at a huge grocery store. Can you grasp the amount of see through leggings the waltz in the doors to shop. More then one and they are all taking there time

A crush is not forever
Marrage is

1 Like

AF 7691
@Lasse your one year is just fantastic news! I am so happy - now you have been through every day in a year, birthdays, holidays etc, so you will know what to expect in 2026-2027!

Back home today and planning an inaugural ride on my new bike. I am committed to attending AA meetings tomorrow and Friday, it would be so easy to unplug from that community after these last 4-5 days on the road, and you all have given me the examples of what happens when I entertain ideas like that. And that’s nothing good!

Thanks for being in my pocket this past week. :heart:

20 Likes

Incredible news @Butterflymoonwoman so so happy for you and your family!

4 Likes

Welcome @Kcruz64 . You’ve taken an important step posting here.

There are aome great role models on this site who show what can happen when you work on your addiction 1 day at a time.

4 Likes

Day 6 Early Check in

I had a doctors and a hospital appointment today. Having turned 40 it feels like I am finally addressing things that have been problems for years, that I just “coped” with.

Cope is definitely not the right word. I’ve been off work since Monday and today my body feels absolutely exhausted. Everything from the neck down hurts. I know I have been ignoring this. Pushing on through regardless. Taking on each day with every muscle screaming in the background, begging me to stop.

Now my body has forced me to. I’m trying to stay connected to my body. To exist in the present and listen to what it needs.

One day at a time

21 Likes

Grateful today for:

  1. My good friends
  2. My job
  3. My health

ODAAT

20 Likes

Checking in with 69 days sober

Two more work days before my day off! I’m exhausted but excited. I finally had a breakthrough in a friendship that is very important to me but which has been incredibly rocky for a while now. We’re going to fix it. I’m full of excitement and gratitude today. Grateful especially to be sober.

@2JTravNZ thinking of you Travis. Be kind to yourself and stick with us. Inspired by your bravery and accountability in coming right back and getting back on track.

25 Likes

Sad people include people who stick themselves

If you see needles
You see pain servere emotional pain

Thanks so much! I’m definitely working on becoming more self-aware and thinking about how my actions have affected others. I’ll keep checking in regularly.

4 Likes

Well confused by your response. He’s the one having the procedures not me.

I don’t believe I’ve stated anywhere that we have problems communicating emotionally. 23 happy years together doesn’t happen by accident

13 Likes

Thank you! I’ve already read some very inspiring stories. I’ll keep checking in regularly and learning from you all.

3 Likes

There’s a lot going on in your post and in your life friend. You write that you love being sober. That’s great! Then you write you miss being drunk. But do you really? I don’t think so. You miss something, you say later. I think that’s closer to the truth.

There’s something missing in your life. I belief you. You need to be sober to find out what that something is. I’m sure it isn’t alcohol. That’s just the lying killing addicted part of your nervous system seeing its chance.

It’s all lies and you know it. I think. You CAN drink if you choose to. But you don’t. Because you know the truth. Drinking is not what is missing from your life friend. Drinking is death. Keep going. Big hugs :people_hugging:

18 Likes

Day 1536
Another gorgeous day out! :sun: My son is at school and I just finished a healthy breakfast and my coffee. Going to mail something off to my mom for Mothers Day and then head to the gym. I have a phone call at 130pm with my new potential sponsor so that should be good! Will try to get on a meeting aswell. Will work on my dreamcatcher and tidy up the apartment too. Busy day but it should be a good one!
Have a great day everyone!
:butterfly:

26 Likes

Very wise words. You can do it!

I love the balloon tattoo idea. Made me tear up​:face_holding_back_tears: Rumble and you are so good for each other :people_hugging::people_hugging::people_hugging: I am so glad you adopted him.

4 Likes

And I am so glad you created him :people_hugging::purple_heart:

2 Likes

Day 1656 AF

Day 5 no MO

Finally got some sleep last night, but I had some strange dreams.

Back to work today. Nothing else to report.

Have a great sober day, gang!

Take care. ODAAT :heart:

21 Likes

68, almost 69.

Some colleagues had been out very late last night drinking. They were a mess today and had to drink at a lunch meeting we had together to feel better. I now see this is problematic behaviour and in no way envy them! They’re functional but damn I remember how hard just “getting through” was.

I am very grateful to be sober.

27 Likes

I didn’t know what to say here and then Menno wrote it perfectly. Following up on his stuff you are WAYYYYY too cool to go back to being a boring drunk. Figure out what your life is missing and go after it. :pink_heart::pink_heart::pink_heart:

13 Likes

Good evening sober crew :heart:

Day 12 of being sober and clean :smiling_face:

Life just keeps throwing curve balls and I keep smashing them away lol :joy:

Today I attended a funeral of a gent who I both cared for and who was a family friend .
Afterwards I was stood outside the church chatting with other family friends and people I knew . They were all trying to get me to come to the pub for the wake and have some drinks to celebrate life but I was due to go back to work….. for a few moments there I seriously considered blowing work off and going to the wake and drinking ! That demon is always waiting to strike​:roll_eyes:

I pretended to have a phone call and took myself into a corner of the church yard away from everyone and took some deep breaths and talked myself away from the edge .
I went back and apologised that I couldn’t attend and must return to work , then I literally RAN for to catch the bus to get myself away .

For hours afterwards I couldn’t stop thinking should I have gone, and could I go later and catch up with them . But after a couple of hours at work I was settled again and I am so glad I got away lol .

Day 12 was the day I relapsed last time , ironic I think that this would happen on the same day again .

Anyway I’ve made it through and poured myself a big icy Diet Coke when I got in and just thought good for me :joy:

Hope your days have been good :blush:

25 Likes