Checking in daily to maintain focus #85

I feel ya, friend. Life gets lifey, and I just wanna numb myself with booze. But that’s our addict brains talking. We gotta learn how to deal with sh*t sober. I would rather deal with life sober than drunk. That’s for damn sure.

Stay strong. :flexed_biceps:

11 Likes

Welcome home

6 Likes

Try and dig deep Mischa,i think you know deep down its not worth it and that this sober version of yourself that youve been running on for 34 months is the best one for you, 3 years is just around the corner!! :+1:t2::flexed_biceps:t2:

8 Likes

Apes!! Congratulations on your day one. @apes2020
I’m glad you came here to get support!

5 Likes

889 sugar
753 UPFs

So much sunshine, spring is wonderful. Parent-teacher-thing today, and a meeting with our building project group, including a nice bike ride. Such a joy to be able to ride in the fair weather again.

Peace and love always :lotus:

14 Likes

Good Morning, guys. We go again!

Day 52 AF.

Gotta do packing later for a trip to Prague tomorrow. I’ll be posting here again later because the last time I relapsed was on a city break holiday.

Hope you all have a great sober 24. Much love :green_heart:

20 Likes

Checking in: day 46.

Early morning therapy was focussed on prep, therapy contract is almost finished and will be signed next week (they are very big on rules, therefore I need to sign a contract). Went to the city centre afterwards to get some stationary and I “happened” to pass by my favorite Asian supermarket. Guess who’s having dumplings for lunch :wink::rofl:?

The rest of the day will be for painting and relaxing.

Stay safe and sober everyone :purple_heart:

21 Likes

Prague is beautiful but temping. Lots of bars with cheap beer. Stay strong and have fun!

5 Likes

Be strong brother! Have a great trip!

4 Likes

Day 0 part 2.

Ive certainly out done myself. For anyone wanting or thinking about relapsing please don’t. Save yourself the embarrassment and mental torture you’ll have to endure post “fun” times. Not to mention the hangover of all hangovers. Ive done it for you. Never again.

Will be happy waking up to 24hrs up and 2 ton of stones to move while I contemplate my sobriety.

Thanks to everyone who has responded today! You guys have helped ease my mind.

18 Likes

I hope this is your last go around too, and believe it can be! The challenges ahead… the only way is through. Stay strong man :flexed_biceps:

6 Likes

Keep ya chin up bro. We go again

5 Likes

Hey there, great to see you here.

5 Likes

Good morning friends, checking in for day 174. Have a great day!

16 Likes

Checking in day #97

Nothing to report on. Busy day at work.

Till tomorrow :saluting_face:

18 Likes

594 (everything but coffee and phyc meds)(thank god im sober because id be going crazy if i wasnt)

Terrible user dream last

In my dream
I yelled at my boss, he then told me to meet him and i chose not to. Lol
Then
later in the night
I dreamnt i was home and convinced my wife to give me 1 single pot gummy. 5mg thc 100mg cbd lololol
Then
i decided myself i didnt feel enough so i snuck 1 hit of a thc dab pen behind her back.
Then
I was trying to convince myself it wasnt a actual reason to reset my counter and admit to myself it was more then a “accidental relaps”

Ive been having many nights where im mad in my sleep

Last full week of work in the real world drove me pretty mad inside
Time to put in 2 vaca days now that i think of it. I have 1 in. Im asking for another

16 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 2145. I hope everybody has a good one!

20 Likes

Day 170 :smiley:

My husband is having a shorter feeding tube in today that only goes down to his stomach. They will have to wait a few days until there is an appointment to fit the longer one and he needs nutrients going in. The Doc was quite hopeful that actually he might be able to stay with the shorter one so fingers crossed.

The sun is out too so I shall celebrate with a chippy lunch. (Battered fish with peas and chips to those of you not from the UK)

Have a wonderful day everyone

27 Likes

You say “your husband is” going through this
Vey sad sentence

You are also going through the process as his wife. Very intimidating sounding from my perspective.

My advice from your post, not knowing much about you
Is going to be,
he is very weak it sounds. Weak is intimidating and intimidating is scary

Comming from what i would do as a husband in your husband’s situation is
Id say
Go have fun, do you, dont let me hold you back. I would say this to my wife out of fear of making her feel trapped or stuck which would push her away from myself in our personal relationship.

Men are KNOWN for being strong and fighters. Women are NATURALLY NURTURING FROM THE LOOKS TO THE EMOTIONS

That being said
He actually may need some time to accept his situation during and after treatments. I would absolutely want my wife to go have fun, be her, and not let this situation hold her back.
I would also NEED TO KNOW my wife loves me, thats all i would actally NEED

I dont know you
I would like to

You are merried to him
Merrage is forever, if not its just dating which is for anyone
If you are inlove
Tell him as much as you can before you let him be
Make him understand you love him if your inlove (being said not knowing you)
Say i love you till he shows emotion, be4 you leave, to take care of you
He will show emotion

1 Like

Hey everyone, first time checking in here. My name’s Kevin. Today will be Day 5 of sobriety from weed. I’ve never had an issue with anything else. Not a sip of alcohol in over a year. I’ve been completely sober from everything else for years now.

I’m overcoming a 10 year addiction to weed and I definitely need support. I’ve been feeling very sad and alone. I really messed up my life but I’m not giving up. I’m going to stay totally sober and keep working on myself. I have a very long history of isolation and avoiding people due to my issues. I just ruined my chances of being with my dream partner because I kept smoking instead of working hard to better myself. Trying to keep my head up and accept responsibility for my actions. First appointment with a new therapist today. Going to stay totally sober today. I hope you all are doing really well :heart:

25 Likes