Checking in daily to maintain focus #9

Didn’t do meeting tonight,came straight home and binged on good food,. Bed :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:
luv laying down after on feet all day…next Friday ll be 30 days… today was a good day, grateful I’m SOBER.:dizzy::sparkles::pray:

13 Likes

You got every reason so enjoy it.

1 Like

deep breathes!!! :joy:

3 Likes

Nice @Hazy!!
:metal:

1 Like

If you gotta slouch, do it girl.
Whatever it takes.

3 Likes

shit that’s what I do everyday, I didn’t realise it was called depression, I call it chillin.

9 Likes

52 days of freedom.

Grateful for the 5 year old birthday party I’ll be attending tonight. Pizza and cake! There’s probably gonna be wine and beer there. I won’t be drinking. I will probably be playing with legos or watching a movie with the kids.

23 Likes
  1. It’s always been of mind to me that peoples first reactions are seldomly how people really feel and it’s not until the initial shock has passed can we think clearly and level. I managed to come back down to Earth enough today…take a deep breath, say what I needed to say and finally touch back down. Thankyou those who sent messages and responded to my posts. :slight_smile: I think I’m going to have to keep a serious eye on that white-hot temper of mine for a while.
15 Likes

29 Likes

150 —excellent! :slight_smile::balloon::gift::tada:

2 Likes

Day 69
Had an upsetting visit with my friend who has cancer. Turns out some things I was doing that I thought were helpful were having the opposite effect. Felt shocked, then ashamed, then guilty, then defensive, then ashamed again. Normally would have gone down ‘you’re so fucking dumb, everyone hates u’ rabbit hole. This time being grateful she felt close enough to me to tell the truth. And also that there is no blame on either side. I didn’t know I was being insensitive, so no blame, and of course no blame for her. Made me realise I am always looking for blame. Either it is my fault (and I feel ashamed) or the other person’s fault (and I feel angry). But there are some (many?) situations where blame is not a component. Made me think about where that comes from. My mother was an unhappy, angry woman, who put a lot of blame on other people. And I have know for a long time that I am extremely poor at disagreements, even small ones, from watching the quite frankly nuclear arguments between my mother and stepdad (actually biological father, likely, that is a whole other can of worms). But just glad that this situation with my friend felt constructive rather than an attack on me as a person. I am growing emotionally stronger.

23 Likes

150 beautiful days. Congratulations!!! :+1::heart::+1::heart::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Yes!!! Give yourself that. A little self care will go a long way. I have similar plans for my weekend :hugs::heartpulse:

3 Likes

Checking in on day 33 and my 5th friday sober. The urge was strong but I was stronger.

I also can’t tell if I’m coming down with something or if im just worn out. We’ll see in the morning!

16 Likes

Wow, this is a lot of growth. I’m blown away by this. What a nice thing to get to read today.

5 Likes

I’m checking in, day 87.

WooooooHooooooooooo!

21 Likes

162 days. Yesterday, I passed my preliminary test for my health and life insurance license. I work for an insurance broker and need this license to keep my job. Now it’s time to take the state test. It’s not easy. 500 questions and 3 hours. Finding time to study is challenging. Being sober has allowed me to advance my career and everything else in life.

23 Likes

I’m sorry your bike got stolen. I live in a bike-friendly city where a lot of bikes get stolen too. :confused:
How do you feel physically after your bike crash earlier? I hope you are alright.

2 Likes

Checking in, still sober :white_check_mark: Heard some upsetting news earlier and it sort of put all of my own stuff in perspective. Things really aren’t that bad and there is so much to be thankful for. Happy Friday everyone :yellow_heart::sparkles::dizzy:

14 Likes

Nice brother

2 Likes