Christian Music revived

Thought I’d move my reply over here to the did you like ? Jury is still out on that one :blush:. I like to be able to keep an open mind to all art.

Power walks with Eminem and a lot of angry Gangsta pop hip hop rap got me through a lot of my early days of sobriety. I’m gone 60 and it feels strange getting into music like that. But it kept me sober. Still does. I was just so angry all the time because I couldn’t drink like a normie. One moment I was listening to angry rap the next moment I was listen to Christian worship music. It worked for me.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

I did like Strahan Deliverance better :blush:
Nice toon. And very new to me. Thanks.

1 Like

In some of my darkest moments closest to God this one was pretty cool. The first time I heard the very end I just balled like a baby. You just can’t get that feeling back. :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

@Ootus

3 Likes

Interesting your like the 3rd person I’ve seen on here who got through beginning stages of sobriety with Eminem etc.idk I’m just not into it anymore I used to listen to horribly violent gangster rap woodie being one of them.hey whatever works right.the holy spirit convicts me about it so I don’t listen anymore.kmf and zee and Juba Elrod are the only ones I really listen to as far as christian rap.right Strahan is awesome I enjoy his music.i like the old-school hymns as well. Hope your morning is going well and you have a lovely day

1 Like

I dig this lovely song thank you for posting

1 Like

Glad you liked it.
I just loved the little girls voice at the end. And now that is my favorite Bible verse.

The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the Earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths will grow tired and weary,
and young men stumbled and fall;
but those who Hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40: 28-31

There’s a Bible verse thread someone started awhile back if you’re interested. It comes and goes on here depending who’s around.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing that thread

1 Like
1 Like

That was so nice. I never heard that one before. Just what I needed to start my Sunday :pray:t2:

4 Likes

One of my first and still favorite songs. Especially when you’re struggling with life and God.

3 Likes

This is beautiful in so many ways. :hugs:
Great way to start my morning.

1 Like
6 Likes
2 Likes

https://youtu.be/uC0FNOm26NU This helps in my lowest moments

1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes