Closed - Checking in daily to help maintain focus #5

@crystalclear SO glad you are feeling better!!! Glad you are getting a little time off. Enjoy it.

If youā€™re proud, it must be a lot. So congratulations on your achievement.

Boss of my life checking in with 31 days, because no one can do it for me. Iā€™m up too late this Saturday night. But I have to say this has been the best day yet. It feels like progress was solidified. I feel powerful, unstoppable. I feel liberated.

15 Likes

Where is this? Keep chewingā€¦ cause these are the last momentsā€¦

1 Like

Congrats!! It IS a lot. First weeks and months are the hardest part. You have all the right to be proud of yourself man :muscle:

Tere hommikust kallis :kissing_heart:

Do you have booze left? Poor it out in the sink, or let someone else do that for you. Make yourself a solid plan. What are you going to change this time to let it work? Have you tried to accept help, like AA ore therapy @Try2change?
Make today your last day one ever.

Nice numbers @emc2018 :star_struck: Half a year in your pocket!! Congratulations for it! :confetti_ball:

Glad you made it sober @TrueSpiritRyuu and congratulations with your whole week. Itā€™s hard to see someone else struggeling with addiction. But he has to make his own choices. If he doesnā€™t want to quit his wife cannot make him do so.
Great costume your son is wearing! Curious about the one for your daughter too, hope you will share it when itā€™s finished!

That looks great @Hidden, enjoy your holiday!

:rofl: Hope you can abandon your throne soon @Sabrina80 and feel better!

Welcome @Nvbookthief 18 days is a big achievement buddy, glad you are proud!! :facepunch:
You should!

Day 468 :coffee:
Survived the funeral yesterday and ate the whole box of chocolat almost by myself :hugs:
Chocolat is my plan B and alcohol was my plan A.
A cure for all my emotions. Now I have to deal with the emotions instead of numbing them. Itā€™s harder but better. Feel a little bad about me eating al that chocolat, so having a fasting day too @zzz.
Today a lazy day, going to Ikea :grin: Daughter needed stuff she donā€™t need :wink:
This morning the sky was gorgious, this picture my husband made while running:

31 Likes

I quit cigarettes 148 days ago, Iā€™d tried once but not seriously, my now ex didnā€™t like it and I was doing it for him. This time Iā€™m doing it for my wellbeing and after I quit alcohol it was easier to stop. I found that when I drunk I craved for a smoke more. The first few days were hard but Iā€™m taking it odaat and it ainā€™t bad at all. All I have now is memories of smoking.
Sending you strength for when you decide to quit.
Blessings and sobriety!
:sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

Thanks @Joy, your encouragement and blessings are much appreciated :pray: what you said about quitting for YOURSELF is the key. I tried to quit for doctors, this and that person, neighbours catā€¦ this time itā€™s about my whole lifestyle including sobriety. Iā€™m gonna make it :facepunch:

4 Likes

Well that looks very fancy. Got any good plans? Enjoy!

1 Like

Anyone telling you what you should do or how you should be should go swivel on it :fu:

None of us are perfect and we are all the bad guy in someoneā€™s story. Glad you are finding some time and space to make good memories with your kids :pray::sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

18 days is great. Well done.

bitmoji-20191229124151|398x398
Yay to youā€¦ :confetti_ball::tada: @Lisa07 and @Recovering_Addict on :100: days of sobriety.

Congrats :tada: :confetti_ball: @emc2018 for 6 months and @keiti for 7 months sober.
Way to go @SassyRocks (11yrs) and @siand (14 mons) for being nicotine free. !

8 Likes

Morning coffee and stroll around manchester this morning i think. X peace out tomoz i find out my fate at work :see_no_evil::ok_hand:

4 Likes

Where have I been? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

14 Likes

Good morning ā€¦ Iā€™m 90 bloody days ! Woop woop. 3 months of sobriety. I didnā€™t even realise until I checked my app just now . I should be 11 months but stupid me thought i could relapseā€¦ Iā€™m so pleased I didnā€™t stay out in that dark lonely place and you guys all helped to put my shame and embarrassment behind me . Iā€™m off to church now to give my thanks to the good Lord for being my saviour. Wishing everyone a blessed day x

23 Likes

Day 118. Raining and 52 degrees in December? This is ridiculous. I have my daugher home for just another day, her cats are making me crazy and Iā€™m also allergic to one of them. Will.miss her, catsā€¦not so much. Been thinking about angels a lot lately, donā€™t know if there is a meaning behind this random thought. Been saving pictures to the phone too which isnā€™t my thingā€¦very confusing. Happy Sunday all, hope your day goes well.

20 Likes

Boom, day 4! Heading out for some geocaching :world_map: I highly recommend it, you get some fresh air, exercise and good activity for your mind. Closing in for my 100th cache this year, yay!

15 Likes

Well done Natalie! Congratulations! :confetti_ball:

1 Like