Closed - Checking in daily to help maintain focus #5

Congrats on 2 weeks @Solaris! I’m sorry your feeling this way. I can relate and feel your pain. Hang in there. :heart: :hugs:

1 Like

day 1. Here we go!!!

23 Likes

155 Days Alcohol Free/1 Day of mindful eating. Getting serious sugar craving headaches. This too shall pass. Happy Sunday Folks!

17 Likes

Thank you @Lisa07! Appreciate your kind words! :heart:

1 Like

101 Days. Celebrating my daughter’s Birthday today. Planning on going to a restaurant without a bar, just the 3 of us. Normally we’d have family & friends over drinking for hours but not this year. My daughter is loving this plan since she doesn’t like the drunks and it’s all about her in the end anyway. I’m finally being a responsible mom. Better late than never.

19 Likes

Yay Yay Yay @Natnat!! So proud of you! Congrats lady. :hugs:

2 Likes

Day 109. Headed to brunch with one of my daughters and husband. It feels so good not to wake up hungover!! Power on sober people!

19 Likes

Thank you Jane! I’m scared to death but I’m doing this!!!

1 Like

These days between Christmas and New Year’s are always a bit of a struggle. I get to missing my routine. I just do better on a schedule lol I’m going to try to find some projects to work on to keep busy.

19 Likes

@SoberWalker doing ok. Spending time with friends, coming to terms about marriage being over. Sad but ok…no trigger at all.

1 Like

Thanks needed that yeah i know but still my anxiety has dropped a little thanks x like you said i have been back in last mon tues and friday so if it was deemed serious enough they surely would of said :thinking::see_no_evil: but still wont feel 100 percent until my team leader is in work with me tomoz and pulls me in for a meeting ? Surely it will be a bit of a telling off ? But i tend to overthink and think the worst ie sacked etc etc

1 Like

Thankyou so much for your kindness x happy New year to you xx

Thankyou so much . How are you feeling today x

1 Like

I finally found relief in rejection. It is actually pretty awesome. Personally, professionally… whatever!

Being unwanted for one reason or another sets you free. Free of chains. Free of expectations. Free of trying with everything you have. Feels damn good and light as a cloud or cotton candy, something. Got to be light. Lol.

:grin::grin::grin::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

11 Likes

Beautiful logic

1 Like

Welcome @NancyH so glad you have found this community and congrats on putting yourself as your number 1 priority. Take full advantage of this site. It can be a huge tool and support on your sobriety journey.

Back to day 1, let my MIL get to me and I caved. Didn’t sleep well at all Friday night. ( I won’t be to day 2 until 11 pm tonight) she didn’t say anything bad, I just feel so uncomfortable around her because of stuff she has said to me in the past.

10 Likes

Checking in day 275.

13 Likes

So sorry to hear that @Licorice. Just glad to see your back on here at day 1. Just worry about today and making it to day 2. Holidays are almost over and hopefully you can put some space between you and your MIL!

2 Likes

Try not to let the external world affect your internal world they are two different entities. You cannot control everything and everyone to bend to your will but you can control the picking up of your substance. If you don’t meditate already I suggest you start because with inner peace others cannot hurt you. My Mrs still drinks and smokes in front of me but her actions are not my actions and it would not be her fault if I relapsed. After reading that back it sounds a bit shitty but what I’m trying to say is don’t react to your thoughts unless they are positive ones. Well done for getting straight back to recovery. Learn and be strong :100::muscle:

7 Likes