Closed - Checking in daily to help maintain focus #5

Congrats on 90 days @Natnat. Treat yourself today, you deserve it. Thank you for all you do to help each and every one of us!

Congrats on 2 weeks @chanel313. Keep taking one day at a time. Those numbers are stacking up nicely.

2 Likes

Big up @Natnat, :tada::confetti_ball: 90 days sober!
Blessings and sobriety!
:sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much Joy. All you wonderful people have kept me going. :two_hearts:

1 Like

Good morning friends! Day 11 for me! We arrived back home in Florida (from our Denver Christmas vacation with family) late last night. I should still be sleeping, but our cats are very serious about their schedule :slight_smile:

This is where the real work begins - it was easy to stay sober when surrounded 100% by the people who know my habits/history the most - my wife and daughters (and their husbands). Now I have to be accountable to myself as well. I will make it to a meeting tonight and plan to work harder this go-around.

I am feeling great, physically, since stopping drinking 10.45 days ago. I actually lost about 10 lbs during that time. I know that real health progress will be slow, but its gratifying to be able to see some results in that area.

Have a terrific Sunday - thank you for being here and listening to me and thanks for your patience!

18 Likes

@Lionfish, hmmmm what is the source of the person saying you should be less of a terrible person? That made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. That sounds toxic to me. Just because we put down the drink doesn’t turn us into instant saints. We’re all human beings with flaws. Anyone expecting perfection simply because a drink was put down 1.5 years ago is off their rocker. I’m sorry, and I might be projecting due to my background, but I find this awful and dismissive to the work you’ve done. Try to focus on your accomplishments and continue to work on what you need to. Nothing is instant and it all takes time. I personally think you’re doing great :hugs: Of course I could be way off base, but my feelers went up girl lol. Hang in there xx

12 Likes

Haha, at least in my mind… little nervous, going to buy maybe one of my last packages in couple of minutes :scream:

Edit enjoy your stay :+1::+1:

1 Like

Welcome @Nvbookthief! That’s really great and it is a lot! I bet you’re already feeling a whole lot better. Looking forward to seeing your posts :slight_smile:
Congrats on your sobriety!!

1 Like

Thanks @Lisa07 :grin: they are stacking up and I plan to keep it that way. Congrats to you on hitting :100: :clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

Welcome @Nvbookthief. 18 days is amazing. Don’t minimize your achievements. Those days will keep stacking up one day at a time. :hugs:

1 Like

Day 1 sober. I can not give up. No I don’t want to give up. I spoke with my sponsor yesterday and was hard, he reminded me the truth but sometimes I don’t want to listen

16 Likes

96.6 Days

So this flu thing seems to have peaked Friday night. Yesterday was rough, but not as bad as Friday night when my temp was just about 103. Today I’m just really out of it because I took sleeping pills so I could sleep through it. I wanted to let the fever do it’s work, and I think that’s what happened. Just groggy today but my fever is gone! Woke up covered head to toe in sweat though lol.

My 23yo daughter got home Friday night, and my 14yo daughter will be home tonight so we can finally have our Christmas.

16 Likes

Checking in to keep myself accountable. Plans for today: 9am Recovery Dharma meeting, Run, Read, do some chores around the house, and enjoy some downtime with the wifey.

Hope you all have a great day and Thanks for being here. :pray:t2:

24 Likes

Well done on staying strong and passing the tests! You are doing amazingly…it can be so hard, I understand completely my friend… you are not alone we are all here for you :pray:t2::two_hearts: andmay I just day that that costume is AWESOME!!! And check out that lovely little smile!! God bless :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Hi welcome my friend! 18 days is not to be sniffed at, that’s a massive number of days, well done to you. Keep on keeping on, one day at a time. Look forward to hearing more from you x

Awe you’re so sweet & thoughtful. I only got socks too :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Try not to get to anxious about the fall out from the party. I’m sure it will be fine. I will be thinking of you my friend :pray:t2: I think if you were to get sent packing they wouldn’t of had you in work again. I never understand the shock of management when they arrange a big Xmas do and then are outraged and shocked when people blow the fucking lid off??! Sending you calm vibes, you will be fine :+1::two_hearts:

1 Like

FAN BLOODY TASTIC!!! That’s great going @Natnat :grinning: 90 days is massive!! Congrats to you lovely! Have a great day xxxx​:two_hearts:

1 Like

Day 14, just passed my second Sober Saturday night.
Second Saturday to sit and watch my husband get plastered, to sit and listen to his rants + repeat stories over and over and over. Sitting in a garage, huddled near the fire- not really warm enough to be comfortable. Hours and hours of this. I was unhappily holding onto the old routine to show that my sobriety doesn’t affect him, doesn’t affect our relationship but I can’t do this anymore. I want to enjoy my weekends, I want to enjoy my Saturday - I don’t want to drudge through it. I really thought I could just do me and he could just do him and it would be fine. But it’s not fine. He always reaks if stale alcohol and this is killing romance. I love him and need to find a way to make this journey work. Troubled.

17 Likes

Sending strength and hugs my friend, thinking of you. You can do this, just keep on keeping on. :two_hearts::pray:t2:

Sending love to you lady, look after yourself. Make sure you eat, and stay well hydrated. Bless you, you have had it rough :two_hearts: get well soon. Enjoy spending time with your girls x

1 Like