Cocaine Relapse

Straight goods

I’m also struggling with a cocaine addiction. When I’m alone, it’s really hard for me to keep my mind focused on the good things in my life. I’m literally taking it one minute at a time. Thanks for listening.

3 Likes

Not cocaine for me, but I’ve been in the one-minute-at-a-time space. I’ve even had days where I opened a thread here and kept posting every five minutes - I set a timer because it would keep me safe

1 Like

I am a 15 year user and i have finally hit rock bottom. It is so hard to quit as I use with my partner and we sabbotage each other. Its sickening, and i am now sitting at work gittery af and ready to end this vicious cycle. I am gonna to start using this app and can not wait for tomorrow!!! 4.18.2020= day 1

2 Likes

Yes i know the feeling it happened to me yesterday as well , i know this feeling all to well ive relapsed several times over the past 5 years and yesterday was the last time , so sitting here today depressed as fuck , disgusted with myself again all that time gone that i had and back to zero . Usually try to to the same thing over and over so it was time for a change thays why i signed up for this app . I wish you the best of luck in your recovery

3 Likes

Welcome @Ang420 and @Pjd5. You’re both in a great place. This forum has so much to offer in the way of support and information. I was caught in a vicous cycle of doing pain pills all day at work, coke at night to get things down and alcohol to bring me down so I could sleep a couple hours and do it all over again. Life is getting so much better now that I gave that all up 7 months ago. It’s not easy but it’s definitely worth it. Stick around. I look forward to following your journey.

2 Likes

Hey Pjd5…wide awake thinking on what my next steps should be. I know I don’t want to use again. I’ve also purged everything in our home that could be linked to our addiction. Feels weird to be chatting with someone. Stay strong and healthy. Four days and counting!!!

1 Like

Hello Lisa! Thank you for the encouraging words. I was a Friday night hype, sleep in on Saturday and ask the lord for forgiveness on Sunday. I’ve lost a lot of weekend time. But definitely looking forward to no more of that. I’ll keep checking in

2 Likes

Good for you Ang, keep it up. Take a look through some of the resources here - a lot of them have online options for use at this time:
Resources for our recovery

One day at a time :innocent:

I am here with you on the same journey my friend. I am at the very beginning of the journey after nearly 3yrs of daily cocaine use. Lets be strong, we’ll make this together.

1 Like

I started doing coke when I was 21. I lost everything bc of it. My jobs cars trucks, put myself into debt, I did coke in the bathroom hospital when my lil girl was bein born. Sometimes the shit still tries to sneek up on me, but not often anymore I’m a lil over 4 months sober. If I can make it you can too, message me if you ever need any help

4 Likes

Is a constant war

Day 1 of trying to to get clean again from this stuff just gotta take everyday as it comes at the moment im starting to not even enjoy it anymore so its time to get pack it in we will get there as they say Rome wasn’t built in a day :clap::clap:

Hey Damian,

Im currently in the same position, I have been taking cocaine for 15 years and the last 3 years have been extremely heavy. Every other day near enough and stopped enjoying it a while back.

Now when I do it I get so paranoid I spend the night in my bedroom with my heart racing so fast. Most nice I think I just pass out until the morning time.

I stopped 9 days ago but last night at 10pm I ended up calling my guy who was here in 10 minutes.

I feel shit and feel ashamed I couldn’t make it even into double figures (of days)

1 Like

Keep trying, you really need to do this. That’s a lot (and a long time) to put your body through; it’s not a given that it’ll give you one more day. Have you tried NA? There are people going through the same thing. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hey guys,
I finally had a month and now I blew it. The stupid thing is that the cocaine isn’t even fun anymore, I was just chasing something that’s not even there anymore.

Now I just feel sad, stupid and ashamed and also physically broken because of the lack of sleep and what I put my body through again.

For now I’m just gonna cry my eyes out for a bit and tomorrow I will pick myself up again.

Hope you are all doing ok!

1 Like

Now you know without a doubt, day 1 tomorrow for the last time!

1 Like

Playing with fire my friend. Wouldn’t recommend it.

2 Likes

All of our journeys are different. However, for me, the day I took the word hope out of the equation my life took a turn for the better.

Hope is a good thing. When it came to my sobriety, to achieve something long lasting…I had to change everything. Once I did that, I was no longer “hoping” I could continue.

1 Like

Exactly the same as me. Stay strong